society

Dark web child abuse image site w/ 400k members taken down in police sting

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

210503-germany-police-al-0951.jpg

German police have arrested four members of a gang suspected to be behind one of the world's biggest child abuse imagewebsites with more than 400,000 members worldwide, police and prosecutors said Monday.

A police operation involving regional and federal German officers raided seven addresses across Germany and arrested three men accused of operating Boystown, a platform for distributing indecent images and video of children, the BKA, Germany's federal police agency, said in a statement.

Police also arrested one man in Paraguay, who is due to be extradited to Frankfurt. The arrests took place in mid-April but were announced on Monday.

The site is no longer in operation, the BKA's statement said, adding that an unspecified number of related chat sites were also shut down.

The arrested suspects, who in accordance with German law have not been named, were 40 to 64 years old.

The three suspects arrested in Germany are accused of founding and maintaining the site, as well as giving members advice on how to avoid arrest. One of them, a 64-year-old from Hamburg, is alleged to have personally uploaded more than 3,500 images.

Source

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 4
  • Sad 5
Mirrion Rizzons

disgusting pigs 

• Like 5
SetMeFree

Incredible. I cannot even begin to fathom the rationale behind people indulging in these types of behaviors and activities. I am so enlightened to read about these sick fvxks going down 

• Like 5
littlepotter

400k+ members... that's horrifying 

Rate Your Favorite Artists Here: https://forms.gle/ro5sAswasjFimrJq8
  • Like 14
Chromatography

3,500 images :ohno:

• Sad 2
Enigma

400k?! Wtf???

Time for a purge :nails:

• Like 1
PlasticWeave

Baffles me how many disgusting people there are in this world :wtf:

poordat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Rolodex of Hate

I sometimes wonder why these websites aren't just taken down immediately - for a site to have 400k members, that is a LOT of traffic, surely it isn't hard to see that the site is illegal and have it removed immediately? Glad it was taken down eventually though. 

We have no legal choice but to stan
  • Like 2
Logan
5 minutes ago, Rolodex of Hate said:

I sometimes wonder why these websites aren't just taken down immediately - for a site to have 400k members, that is a LOT of traffic, surely it isn't hard to see that the site is illegal and have it removed immediately? Glad it was taken down eventually though. 

The dark web is the World Wide Web content that exists on darknets: overlay networks that use the Internet but require specific software, configurations, or authorization to access.

Essentially it sounds like something you wouldn't be able to just Google or randomly stumble upon. 

• Like 3
GagaSine

:golfclap: I'm glad it was taken down and some consequences are being served 

ARTPOPe
3 minutes ago, Rolodex of Hate said:

Apparently authorities are trying to track as many people as possible and especially those that run these sites, but that takes time and effort since these sickos go to great lenghts, use VPNs and other methods in order to become "anonymous" on the dark web.
At least that's what tumblr staff told me after I reported several tumblr blogs for sharing CP and how to get that material on those dark web sites.

• Like 1
GagaSine
9 minutes ago, Rolodex of Hate said:

The dark web is not like the regular internet, the websites are difficult to trace and the average person cannot access them. It is basically exclusively used by criminals/people wanting to access illegal things including drugs.

• Like 1
Rolodex of Hate
6 minutes ago, Logan said:

The dark web is the World Wide Web content that exists on darknets: overlay networks that use the Internet but require specific software, configurations, or authorization to access.

Essentially it sounds like something you wouldn't be able to just Google or randomly stumble upon. 

2 minutes ago, ARTPOPe said:

Apparently authorities are trying to track as many people as possible and especially those that run these sites, but that takes time and effort since these sickos go to great lenghts, use VPNs and other methods in order to become "anonymous" on the dark web.
At least that's what tumblr staff told me after I reported several tumblr blogs for sharing CP and how to get that material on those dark web sites.

1 minute ago, GagaSine said:

The dark web is not like the regular internet, the websites are difficult to trace and the average person cannot access them. It is basically exclusively used by criminals/people wanting to access illegal things including drugs.

Ohh okay thanks guys - I always thought 'the dark web' was just a kind of term for basically illegal sites on the internet :rip: But yeah that makes sense now, glad it got taken down 

We have no legal choice but to stan
FATCAT

Jesus, 400k? How were they not stopped before now?

Thank heavens they took them down. Hopefully the victims of these terrible crimes will find some peace and comfort in this news.

Purr more, hiss less.
PlasticWeave
20 minutes ago, Rolodex of Hate said:

It's not like on google

the dark web it's near enough impossible to track down where it's uploaded from, it's why when they take down anything on it it comes back up not long after because it's non existent on the typical internet and depends on a direct connection to it

you need to use special browsers to access aka Tor

it varies from medical files to drug ebay's to guns to child ****ography, the latter two being the awful reality of it being a thing but it's not something that can be easily rid of

poordat
  • Like 1