science

Researchers find world’s most Instagrammable bird

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

608b3a2034af8d001859a096?width=1000&form

A study of likes on the photo-sharing app has (perhaps surprisingly) deemed the Australian and south-east Asian native ‘most aesthetically appealing’

If someone were to ask what the most “Instagrammable” bird in the world would be, it’s unlikely that the frogmouth – whose main aesthetic goal is to look like a jagged tree branch – would be front of mind.

608b3aaa34af8d001859a098?width=700&forma

But it seems science says otherwise, the dishevelled looking Australian and south-east Asian native taking out the top spot in a study from Germany’s University Hospital Jena, which aimed to see which bird species reigned supreme on the photo-sharing app.

This article includes content provided by Instagram. We ask for your permission before anything is loaded, as they may be using cookies and other technologies. To view this content, click 'Allow and continue'.

The study, published last week by German researchers Dr Katja Thömmes and Dr Gregor Hayn-Leichsenring set out to analyse nearly 30,000 bird photos from nine popular avian photography Instagram accounts, using an algorithm to record which photos comparatively attracted the most “likes” on the photo-sharing platform.

“Presumably interestingness, idiosyncrasy and the situational context all play their part in the aesthetic appeal of bird photos to the human observer.”

6630153d79a6d4af7747d3d588268258

BIRDS-INSTAGRAM.jpg

6720.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=forma

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/apr/30/researchers-find-frogmouth-is-worlds-most-instagrammable-bird

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
RAMROD

Normalizing regular looking style. Yes, Science :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Rhiannon

It’s a very versatile bird in terms of looks !

It can be frightening, it can look terrified, screaming at the top of its lungs, mesmerized, very cute, crying for help or even very angry ! It looks very funny hahaha !

Never thought science would be looking for the most instagramable bird tho hahahaha !

R.
Phantomhive

“Instagrammable” :awkney:

"I am the Swarm. Armies will be shattered. Worlds will burn."
  • Like 2
bionic

My face when ARTPOP Act II is finally announced

6720.png

buy bionic
  • LMAO 5
Fingerella

Why does this bird remind me of Demi Lovato? 

FfFfFfFF
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Phantomhive said:

“Instagrammable” :awkney:

It's a recognized word https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/instagrammable 

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
FfFfFfFF
31 minutes ago, Fingerella said:

Why does this bird remind me of Demi Lovato? 

Unless she specifically nests at frozen yogourt shops, vandalizes them and harasses the owners, I don't know. :bradley:

• LMAO 1
Gagaloo911

Most "instagrammable"

Gotta be the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Thanks for sharing trash!