💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Favorite English kpop songs.

blindinghope

Featured Posts

papergangstas

Is it even considered kpop if it's not sung in korean? I thought kpop meant korean pop, which wouldn't be the case even if it's a korean band singing in English.

One of me is wiser. One of me is stronger. One of me is a fighter, and there's a thousand faces of me, Army of me

blindinghope
Just now, papergangstas said:

Is it even considered kpop if it's not sung in korean? I thought kpop meant korean pop, which wouldn't be the case even if it's a korean band singing in English.

Is Americano by lady Gaga suddenly Latin pop? She sings in Spanish. But it's still western pop. Same with kpop imo

papergangstas
3 minutes ago, blindinghope said:

Is Americano by lady Gaga suddenly Latin pop? She sings in Spanish. But it's still western pop. Same with kpop imo

well Shakira has plenty of songs in English but is still considered a latin pop singer, because she started off with only spanish songs which made her famous. I don't know if it's the same with kpop singers when they switch up languages.

One of me is wiser. One of me is stronger. One of me is a fighter, and there's a thousand faces of me, Army of me

Lucas

I don't know if BLACKPINK counts because they mix korean and english on their songs, but all of them :flutter:

Bonkers

This one is old and is available in Korean, but it'll always be my most fond KPOP memory:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Dadru

Zombie is such a masterpiece :giveup: fun fact: that’s the original, they wrote it in English first and then made a Korean version as well.

blindinghope
2 minutes ago, Dadru said:

Zombie is such a masterpiece :giveup: fun fact: that’s the original, they wrote it in English first and then made a Korean version as well.

Wah.....really? Omg. I had no idea and I'm a myday omg. 

Dadru
Just now, blindinghope said:

Wah.....really? Omg. I had no idea and I'm a myday omg. 

I read it in the comments so I don’t know if it’s legit tbh but that would explain why the lyrics flow so well together.

blindinghope
Just now, Dadru said:

I read it in the comments so I don’t know if it’s legit tbh but that would explain why the lyrics flow so well together.

The fact that day6 is so slept on though. 

StrawberryBlond

Blackpink's English lyrics usually always are phrased the way an actual English speaker would say things as well, so that's an impressive feat as so many English infused k-pop songs can sound a bit strange. This one could easily be mistaken for any English language song and you wouldn't think it sounded any different:

I'm honestly surprised they never released this a single or Love To Hate Me which is also in English, as I thought that was the whole point of making songs in English, for the foreign markets.

Archived