Jump to content

Watch THE Speech

series

GOT prequel:House of The Dragon started production


Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

MelbHawker
6 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

this!

Spoiler: I knew Danny was gonna die(although i hoped she will survive),her whole madness thing was awful.They turned her from a positive character to a villain in 2 episodes.

I know. I didn’t have an issue with her becoming legit crazy but right up until the moment she ‘turned’ she hadn’t shown any plausible, obvious signs in her narrative of going mad. When it happened, I remember people (even myself) justifying it by saying ‘oh she’d lost a lot of people / kept losing battles etc.) but.. :flop: It was just a disappointing  sell out to what had been an amazing character to watch over the years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Tinnitus15

    13

  • A MESS

    7

  • MelbHawker

    5

  • GagaSine

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The show will follow the Targaryen story and the events,which happened 300 years before Game of thrones.It's set to premier in 2022 any fans of the Targaryen family?Daenerys was my iconic queen 

Uhh not gonna watch a prequel when I already know the lazy and awful way it all ends. Hard pass.

I decided to finally give in and surrender to the hype of GOT during lockdown.... I WAS HOOKED. So hyped for this!

Tinnitus15

Ugh i saw a pic of matt and Emma on the set.They did a greta job with their looks :bradley:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jose P
18 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

Dany’s character was massacred for shock value. 

Huh, I disagree tbh. If you’ve read the books then it’s pretty apparent that her character will go in that direction, and it was kinda evident in the show as well. What they butchered was getting her to that point. Her character has traits that show the way her story might end, but it’s useless if the execution to get her there is bad and that’s what happened. But Daenerys was never a fully good character, and I also blame the showrunners for making her to be such a perfect heroine, it really fooled many into believing she was an all benevolent angel when in the books she’s even more morally grey.

Martin will most likely execute that storyline much better I imagine. In the chance that he actually publishes the conclusion to this series :bear:

Edited by Jose P
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MelbHawker
2 hours ago, Jose P said:

Huh, I disagree tbh. If you’ve read the books then it’s pretty apparent that her character will go in that direction, and it was kinda evident in the show as well. What they butchered was getting her to that point. Her character has traits that show the way her story might end, but it’s useless if the execution to get her there is bad and that’s what happened. But Daenerys was never a fully good character, and I also blame the showrunners for making her to be such a perfect heroine, it really fooled many into believing she was an all benevolent angel when in the books she’s even more morally grey.

Martin will most likely execute that storyline much better I imagine. In the chance that he actually publishes the conclusion to this series :bear:

It’s foreshadowed in the books quite frequently yes, but IMO the show didn’t really do that aspect of her narrative any justice. They threw the odd comment in about the Mad King / had one scene where she burned the Tarlys’. Not enough to justify easily taking Kings Landing only to then burn / kill the entire city’s population. I think the issue the show had was them not showing her struggle with the tragedies / horrible things that happened to her all that much. It wasn’t fleshed out enough, what happened narrative wise had hardly any flow. Awful decision to condense the final seasons into shorter ones. Even the actors knew it was sloppy writing, they couldn’t there feels during that last promo run.

I can’t wait for Martin to release the next one. Honestly I hope he churns it out quickly.. he is quite old. :toofunny:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jose P
4 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

 

I can’t wait for Martin to release the next one. Honestly I hope he churns it out quickly.. he is quite old. :toofunny:

Oh baby the last book came out before the first season of the show premiered, and there are no signs that he’s close to finishing yet :smh:

  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
A MESS
7 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Oh baby the last book came out before the first season of the show premiered, and there are no signs that he’s close to finishing yet :smh:

a dance with dragons came out in 2011...............................................

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jose P
1 minute ago, milam said:

a dance with dragons came out in 2011...............................................

Yeah and a month after the first season started airing, but my point still stands that a whole ass show has already aired and ended and still no next book

Link to post
Share on other sites
A MESS
2 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Yeah and a month after the first season started airing, but my point still stands that a whole ass show has already aired and ended and still no next book

oh yeah, i was highlighting the tragedy

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tinnitus15
7 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I cannot wait.

they already started shooting:nooo:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Agunimon

I'm not seeing how Game of Thrones' terrible ending should influence people giving this show a chance. It's not like the stories are going to collide, and storytelling and lore behind things that were left unanswered in the show are bound to take place, which is way more interesting than anything else.

Not to mention, what some people could have perceived as a ending didn't stop Star Wars movies from coming out in the various orders they did. And they are still massively successful. The general public are going to watch this show regardless of how Game of Thrones ended, especially knowing D&D will not be a part of it.

Also: Criticizing the actors and saying that the original actors are what helped people follow Game of Thrones without giving this new cast a chance?

Edited by Agunimon
Link to post
Share on other sites
GagaSine
8 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Ugh i saw a pic of matt and Emma on the set.They did a greta job with their looks :bradley:

The wigs look good :tony:

  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Tinnitus15
4 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

The wigs look good :tony:

from those pics i think they look good 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...