Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Oscars Ratings Crash To All-Time Low; Viewership Falls Under 10M For First

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

OSCARS-JOAQUIN-PHOENIX-BEST-ACTOR-PRESEN

the 93rd Academy Awards were watched by a mere 9.85 million, with a dismal rating of 1.9 among the 18-49 demographic.

That is an all-time low for Hollywood’s biggest night — by a huge margin.

In fact, it is a drop of about 58% in terms of audience from what the previous low of the 2020 Oscars snared on February 9 last year. In terms of the key demo, the 2021 Oscars is down a crushing 64.2% in the earlier ratings from the 2020 Oscars.

Source

BlingNotTheMusic

It was pretty cringe, but had some fun and cute moments. 

But it's corona give them a break lol

Stupid Oreo

thats because gaga wasnt there

watch them go up next year

Killa

Omg a televised show in italy had almost 7 M audience. Like a freakin show talent. 

This is a flop flop

thierryrreiht

Like I said here:

On 3/15/2021 at 3:49 PM, thierryrreiht said:

- Covid: award shows are not a priority for the mass population, awarding the rich and famous when some are waiting for their stimulus check for food... 

- Covid: the hype isn't there much because the "covid formula" of not having everyone in the same place at the same time (red carpet, performances) makes people not excited about it.

Also: because of COVID, movie theatres were mostly closed for the last year, and a lot of movies were released right away on streaming platforms. The danger here is, if you don't have Hulu, Disney+, Netflix, etc... well you can't see those movies easily. A lot of nominees were unknown to the GP, since they didn't get it in their local cinema (or not for very long). Also I heard they barely showed clips of the nominated movies, again making it hard for people to connect (or want to connect) to the movies.

lasagna

literally the first time ive even heard the word oscars this year where was their marketing or promo

human turd

Regina George

It’s corona. Every single show had low ratings. Shows are just not as fun. That’s it. Nothing is falling apart. 

elijahfan

As expected. I know everyone keeps saying corona is to blame, but frankly they made some really poor decisions. Like, barely showing any footage of the nominated films or putting the live performances before the actual show, not to mention putting best actor last, which totally didn't pan out the way they wanted. There also weren't many big films for casual moviegoers to root for, so it's all pretty understandable.

PunkTheFunk

Not surprising. I think this is the first time in maybe 15 or 16 years that I didn't even bother watching the Oscars.

lmao nobody cares about celebrities winning awards anymore. Music awards can somewhat work because they do performances but nobody cares if you got an award for your film in the end, it's very boring to watch as a show and the cult of celebrity is kinda dying, very slowly but steadily

Jill
15 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

lmao nobody cares about celebrities winning awards anymore. Music awards can somewhat work because they do performances but nobody cares if you got an award for your film in the end, it's very boring to watch as a show and the cult of celebrity is kinda dying, very slowly but steadily

The fact you don't like it doesn't mean it is "steadily but very slowly dying"

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Demoncore

There's been also plenty of controversy of them reserving Union Station in LA for their ceremony, which has disrupted travel for many residents--especially for disabled individuals. Also, they gave some of the homeless people around there a curfew to move at risk of having their belongings discarded/destroyed.

It's very tone deaf for the committee to do this, in my opinion.

Just A Holy Fool

I didn't watch, but I saw enough chatter on Twitter to tell me it was a hot god damn mess. 

Glenn Close twerked apparently? 

As if snubbing Viola and Chadwick weren't bad enough. 

Archived