Ellon Musk tweets a Gaga meme

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Modern Ecstacy
3 hours ago, Brainiac said:

Umm, him tweeting that as a straight man really rubs me the wrong way tbh. That's not a joke for him to make.

You hit it straight on the nail. This is the exact same way I felt when I saw this

A MESS

Grimes: "we don't like to gender our kid, we want them to expl-"

Elon: "it's male. it's a man. LOOK AT HIS ****! HE/HIM/HIS!!!"

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

43 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

The power relationship between women and gay men is not at all similar to the one between women/straight men and gay people/straight men, though. In every society, straight men are in a hierarchically superior position, and thus, these jokes, coming from them, feel like they are in bad taste to me. I wouldn't have a problem if a woman shared this meme, because we are both oppressed by straight men. 

It's not always about whos the victim and whos the oppressor in real life.

In real life, women can be homophobic and make fun of you, and a straight man who is caucasian (shocking) can love you and want to support you.

Not all women are cupcakes, not all women are victims, not all women will support you, in the end all of us we have our qualities and faults, it's not always fair to identify people as oppressors against who they are in their hearts.

It's putting them in a box they cannot escape because they were born in a certain way. It's a bit cynical as well. Cynical view of the world. Elon Musk didn't mock gay people, it shows, if he hated gay people he wouldn't even share this meme.  Sometimes this is how the world is, and separating ourselves is tiring all the time honestly. I understand what you meant, I understand there was and still is a culture and a society that's not favorable to women all the time, and I understand there are homophobes and gay people have had to struggle still to this day. I respect anyone who's offended but I personally think it's tiring to see the world as victim vs oppressor with no evidence of it; You can't just tell a guy hey, you had good intentions on this but never do it again and you might support me, but never do this again because you are white and you are a man.

How's that fair or nice at all....very mean actually

Modern Ecstacy
49 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

The power relationship between women and gay men is not at all similar to the one between women/straight men and gay people/straight men, though. In every society, straight men are in a hierarchically superior position, and thus, these jokes, coming from them, feel like they are in bad taste to me. I wouldn't have a problem if a woman shared this meme, because we are both oppressed by straight men. 

I completely agree with you on this. Something about him using those joke is just...strange. I'm sure he has never been pro-gay or even ever spoken about LGBTQ+ support but shared memes like this. 

RenegAde
39 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Gurl, I was quite chill UNTIL some people here tried to come for others unnecessarily. Don't try to put all this on me. I get your point, and I, personally, was not offended by elon musk simply because I don't really care about him. I, however, care about how people try to police others' feelings and ALSO try to be the offended party in the same breath. 

I am not trying to fight, I have no personal problems with any of you. But don't expect me to keep silent in the face of the hypocrisy you talk about. 

Thanks for being down to earth finally :heart:

personally,  I'm not  even so comfortable with him posting this but I  strongly disagree  that if it was a woman it would somehow have been more appropriate. for example,  imagine someone like azealia banks posted this 

The metric here shouldn't be the gender, if anything, it should be if the person in particular has been supportive to the LGBTQ community and even then it'll still be a bit ...off 

Pennywise
12 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Thanks for being down to earth finally :heart:

In all honesty I really am sorry if I'm coming across as this horrid bitch :air:

I get your point, and you're right on the Azealia Banks thing (though the possible meltdowns would be fun) 

15 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

The metric here shouldn't be the gender, if anything, it should be if the person in particular has been supportive to the LGBTQ community and even then it'll still be a bit ...off 

Yeah, I guess that should also play a role in all this. That man, though, could save the literal world and still would come across as weird and fake because of his fanbase of 4chan dudes tbh. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Meta Mart

Making someone's sexual orientation the butt of a joke and conflating their interests as indicative of their equivocated orienting process? Yeah... right... that's coooool..... sure

While we're at it make sure every straight bro dude also thinks it's cool to take someone's openness about their orientation, even humour, and take over for them in expressing it for them. That's coooool....

It's one thing to make jokes about yourself, its quite another for ****ing Elon Musk to be given a pass at you, and I can't believe yall think its cool for him to show shaded homophobia as if hes an in the mix supporter, having never shown initiative.

Is it the Gengar that makes it ok? Or is this a reaction from Elon to a recent story about him stealing someone's meme? If so its incredibly homophobic.

Lady Gaga fans should be annoyed. Gay icon or not, sharing this as a meme is elevating the notion that Gaga fans are clueless, and that all her fans should be turfed into otherness that is gay. That interest in Gaga goes hand in hand with a denial of the self because gayness is seen as more intrinsic to someone's artistic interests than in their own self-determinism. The meme implies that gay is/was undesirable, and so Elon's use of it as someone who is not a part of the gay community is othering negatively rather than laughing with someone, the joke is being had at their expense, and at ours. I'm sure LG won't mind, cause she'll see the light in celebrity gay representation, but the little people who make-up these interactions probably feel just used and mocked.

Representation matters. A fun statement for Lady Gaga and Gaga fans, is not a fun statement when used for Musk's cynicism about Gaga fans. Just because his personality is repulsive doesn't mean you should give his jabs at our community in the form of homophobia like this a free go. Maybe some of you didn't grow up the way I did with people constantly speaking your orientation out for you, but that is a culture I want to die, not be jolted along by the rocket-man-straight-white-man-rich-man appeal.

By Century's End We Will Have Another Lady Gaga Album

Bradley

This is why people hate progressives lmao. There is nothing offensive about this at all.

How is this homophobic or denigrating towards the LGBT community in any way?

RenegAde
3 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

In all honesty I really am sorry if I'm coming across as this horrid bitch :air:

No need to apologise, you didn't offend me plus we all have our bitchy moments :sis: .that's not my issue with you at all . Its something else ,it's the way you approach topics but that can't be compromised so let's just keep  being respectful to  each other :heart:

4 hours ago, Brainiac said:

Umm, him tweeting that as a straight man really rubs me the wrong way tbh. That's not a joke for him to make.

I agree

RahrahWitch
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

This is why people hate progressives lmao. There is nothing offensive about this at all.

I think the joke itself is fine and I'm not saying it's offensive but it's definitely cringe when straight men make jokes about gay people, It's tired. I think him being who he is also rubs people the wrong way.

RenegAde
5 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I guess it comes off homophobic or problematic cuz being a lady gaga fan was literally a gay slur for some of us at a point .like some people got picked on or judged  for liking her music or female music in general 

But I doubt he meant it like that , it's a funny meme and he probably just finds it funny too 

Babylon Dynasty

Sour Candy MV in space confirmedt :excited2: SISTERSSSS 

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖

Archived