society

Cam footage of 16 year old killed by police.

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

I'm sorry but the girl that was shot looks like she was about to stab the other girl. 

If anyone has a different opinion let me know. Am I missing something from this? 

The footage stops but I'm guessing it's because they are not allowed to show real violence on TV.

Edit: If anyone has a video with another POV please let me know so I can add it. 

Edit:

Don Lemon on the shooting.

Sunny Hostin on the shooting.

We can have conversations and not be rude to each other. Even close friends can disagree. 

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JusKeepBreathin

• ALGAYDO

• alsemanche

• Serial Chiller

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When he could have EASILY used his taser instead or, if he really wants to use that gun, shot her in the leg or something. We all know that if she weren't black she would still be alive now. 

Listen if someone was about to stab your mom do you shoot them in the leg or the chest? The cop was literally stopping a murder. He wasn't crushing the neck of a restrained person or shooting someone

I mean even if she was, they still didn't got the right to kill her

Grim

I mean even if she was, they still didn't got the right to kill her:ohno:

I'm probably wrong
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1
alsemanche

Still doesn't justify shooting her 4 times and murdering her. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
JusKeepBreathin
4 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Still doesn't justify shooting her 4 times and murdering her. 

It kinds does. He literally shot someone who was about to kill someone else. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 1
alsemanche
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

When he could have EASILY used his taser instead or, if he really wants to use that gun, shot her in the leg or something. We all know that if she weren't black she would still be alive now. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2
weed

idg why they don't go for the leg or something.... literally would stop the situation/whatever caused it without actual murder

• Like 8
  • YAAAS 1
JusKeepBreathin
Posted (edited)

Listen if someone was about to stab your mom do you shoot them in the leg or the chest? The cop was literally stopping a murder. He wasn't crushing the neck of a restrained person or shooting someone with their hands in the air. If someone was about to stab me, black white orange or purple. Officer go for the kill shot.

I would however want to see another angle of this before I make up my mind. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5
vinster13

Firstly, he didn’t need to shoot her four times, he could have easily just tased her

edit: I’d also like to add the four shots seems excessive

Truthfully though, its kinda crazy to think about how social media twisted it so fast. I was reading a bunch of posts on twitter and Instagram about how the knife was on the ground next to her or that she was being jumped. Honestly everything but the truth, which is that she did have a knife in her hand and it appears she’s going to attack the girl in the pink

Edited by vinster13
  • Like 9
Lion Heart
6 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

He could have used a TASER. He had one on him. In addition, he did not NEED to shoot her FOUR times. In addition, he could have accidentally shot an innocent girl considering how fast everything was happening. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
  • Like 8
alsemanche
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

Listen if someone was about to stab your mom do you shoot them in the leg or the chest? The cop was literally stopping a murder. He wasn't crushing the neck of a restrained person or shooting someone with their hands in the air. If someone was about to stab me, black white orange or purple. Officer go for the kill shot.

That is simply not correct. There is footage of officers treating white people who were about to commit crimes/committed crimes like they were best friends. There is a literal video of an officer getting stabbed in the neck then tasing the white man who did it. Let's not pretend this isn't a race issue when it very clearly is. Also, let's not forget that it was she who called for the police, meaning that there is a big chance that she was being abused or threatened by the people against whom she was brandishing a knife in self-defense. This is obviously not proven, but it's also a possibility. And regardless, still no justification of murder. And this isn't an isolated case anyway. 

And on top on all of that, he could have easily shot another person because they were all standing so close to each other. He clearly did not give 1 f*ck about who he was killing. 

• Like 10
JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, Lion Heart said:

He could have used a TASER. He had one on him. In addition, he did not NEED to shoot her FOUR times. In addition, he could have accidentally shot an innocent girl considering how fast everything was happening. 

So when are cops supposed to use their guns if not to stop an actual murder?

• Thanks 1
Lion Heart

Here's a video of cop getting STABBED, the guy runs away, and he still only uses a taser.

This idea that cops NEED to shoot first is absurd. He could have tased her.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
  • Like 8
alsemanche
1 minute ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

So when are cops supposed to use their guns if not to stop an actual murder?

Why does a cop need to kill in the first place? Why's that the norm? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
JusKeepBreathin
Posted (edited)

That is simply not correct. There is footage of officers treating white people who were about to commit crimes/committed crimes like they were best friends. There is a literal video of an officer getting stabbed in the neck then tasing the white man who did it. Let's not pretend this isn't a race issue when it very clearly is. Also, let's not forget that it was she who called for the police, meaning that there is a big chance that she was being abused or threatened by the people against whom she was brandishing a knife in self-defense. This is obviously not proven, but it's also a possibility. And regardless, still no justification of murder. And this isn't an isolated case anyway. 

And on top on all of that, he could have easily shot another person because they were all standing so close to each other. He clearly did not give 1 f*ck about who he was killing. 

Maybe he would've pulled out his taser if it wasn't the only violent thing happening in there video, but the was also the man kicking the woman on the ground next to him and a taser is can't be reused.  He was literally in the middle of a multi-person brawl with knives as weapons. 

• Thanks 1
Economy
5 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I would however want to see another angle of this before I make up my mind. 

In the heat of the moment when stuff happens quickly its easy to get eccessive

But officers are suppostu be trained and use procedure logic and brain... not panic and be run by emotion

As many pointed out a tazer could have solved this... or less shots at the very least...

I mean 4 times.... that much deadly force was not necessairy

• Like 4