Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How will ARTPOP's renaissance influence LG7?

Nycboy

Featured Posts

How do you think ARTPOP's recent renaissance will influence LG7, if at all? (the sound, lyrics, promo, rollout, etc.)

Personally, I think Gaga like any other human being is very affected by what others say about her. ARTPOP wasn't received very well upon its release, mainly because her image fell out of favor with the media, not because the music was bad. This was a pivotal moment in her career. All the negative press seemed to affect her career trajectory a lot. Since then, we all know she's been on a course correction that included toning down her music & style (Joanne), repositioning herself as a more serious artist (ASIB, The Sound of Music performance), becoming less sex and fame-obsessed (compare any interview pre & post-ARTPOP), and becoming less experimental within her genre (Chromatica). Given that ARTPOP affected her so much, the fact that ARTPOP is finally receiving so much love cannot be seen as anything other than pivotal. On top of that, Gaga's social currency is trading at an all time high (ahem, nonstop Gucci paparazzi shots). This makes me think that Gaga might approach LG7 with a newfound confidence. 

My theories are below:

1. Gaga will get more experimental sonically with LG7. It took Gaga almost 7 years after ARTPOP to release another dancepop album, Chromatica, and even that was a very safe re-entry into the pop genre. Almost as if...the scars of ARTPOP were on her mind on replay. I think the recent ARTPOP love might give Gaga the confidence to stir up sh*t in a blender and give us something unlike we've ever heard before.

2. Gaga will bring back sexy. Pre-ARTPOP Gaga was very sexy ("I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"), and with ARTPOP her sex talk peaked, although at that point it seemed like not everyone was into it. Since then, Gaga has really backed off from the sex-charged lyrics that were such a staple of her earlier work. IMO, she swapped out raunchy sex-talk for mature sex therapy (LoveGame --> Swine --> Replay / Free Woman). While it's very important to have conversations about consensual empowering sex, I'd love for Gaga to rediscover her dirty sexy side. 

3. Gaga might bring back zany. This one might be a stretch, but if I were Gaga I'd definitely be reevaluating whether or not to bring back artsyGa, given that the general public seems to crave it again.  

What do you think?

venuspop

It's fun to think about how the recent love and appreciation for ARTPOP could inspire Gaga in the future musically but tbh I don't think it will, Gaga is always changing so I expect for LG7 to be something unlike her previous works :ohwell:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

HuffsAhoy

Well considering all six of her studio albums are completely different, I'd say there won't be any influence at all. If anything I hope she will work with DJWS again, they always create such magic together. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

S0436

It didn’t re-enter the BB200 after all that publicity and buzz.  I don’t think Gaga will think about ARTPOP again except for when she may perform Applause at Enigma and future tours.

holy scheisse

I'm ready for her ray of light rather than ARTPOP2 but I'll take ARTPOP2 :sis:

Clayton

Well the enormous buzz created from Shallow didn't make her put out ballads, quite the opposite actually. So I don't think one can predict her moves in that way. I do think and hope that this new appreciation and redemption moment for ARTPOP reminds her that she's at her best when she's experimental and challenging "the box" people put her in, and gives her the go ahead to take risks again :heart:

Born This Way

I have a lot of scenarios:

1. DJWS and Gaga's meeting goes either sour is is good but unproductive, Act II either never comes or she releases like one or two songs that were already finished, LG7 isn't influenced whatsoever.

2. Meeting goes well, they finally finish Act II and close the book on ARTPOP as a whole, and LG7 is produced by other producers and is nothing like ARTPOP or Act II

3. Meeting goes great, they finish Act II, and DJWS becomes a major producer for LG7

4. Meeting goes better than expected, Gaga is inspired by ARTPOP's scrapped songs, Act II becomes the full fledged LG7 with DJWS as the executive producer.

4 is never happening lol. 3 would be my dream. I think 2 is likely but 1 is most realistic imo.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

TheFame Monster

She’ll make an album worth of songs with DJWS, but then run into Mark Ronson at Starbucks. As a result, the DJWS songs will be tossed in the can and we’ll get the follow up to Joanne - Angelina:vegas:

VasilisVas

Hopefully in no way at all. Let Gaga do her thing and explore different producers and sounds. Inb4 the album is influenced  by ARTPOP and everyone complains it sounds too similar and dated. Can we just let ARTPOP go already? It got the justice everyone wanted, let the era go on peacefully now. 

VasilisVas
1 hour ago, holy scheisse said:

I'm ready for her ray of light rather than ARTPOP2 but I'll take ARTPOP2 :sis:

This x1000

FameHookah
3 hours ago, TheFame Monster said:

She’ll make an album worth of songs with DJWS, but then run into Mark Robson at Starbucks. As a result, the DJWS songs will be tossed in the can and we’ll get the follow up to Joanne - Angelina:vegas:

This, basically

WTF is MDNA

Gagaloo911

Nothing will happen or influence it as a result of it lol

Archived