BORN THIS WAY ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

science

J&J reportedly sought help from rivals after blood clot concerns emerged

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

Johnson & Johnson sought help from its three rival Covid-19 vaccine makers to look into reports of blood clots, but Pfizer and Moderna both declined, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing people familiar with the situation. Only AstraZeneca agreed, according to the WSJ.

J&J also wanted to build an informal alliance with its competitors that it hoped would allow the industry to speak with one voice about the safety of the vaccines and address any public concerns about the blood-clot cases, the Journal reported.

In a statement to CNN on Friday, a Pfizer (PFE) spokesperson declined to comment on the specifics of the WSJ report. "Pfizer embraces opportunities for scientific exchange when we can make a meaningful contribution that is not being represented by other groups or regulators," the spokesperson said. "We have and will continue to collaborate with other vaccine makers as appropriate as we all fight against this deadly pandemic."

Moderna (MRNA) and AstraZeneca(AZN) declined to comment.

Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) told CNN in an email that "the safety of the patients who use our products is our top priority," and that the company is actively working the US and European authorities. The company also noted that the pandemic has resulted in "unprecedented collaboration and sharing of publicly available data and information," further adding "we believe collaborative scientific exchange can lead to more robust answers to questions."

Source

• YAAAS 1
lestyoufall

I think they should be collaborating but they won’t cause they’re after money. It sucks but that’s capitalism for ya. Hopefully J&J can resolve the issues & start producing a safer vaccine.

• Like 11
Economy

Astrazeneca and J&J are simmilar vaccines so im not surprised they are the ones that agreed to help. Their findings could help themselves

Chromatography

that’s sad as fvck that only one company agreed to help. greedy fvcking bastards. the vaccine should be about helping people but it’s always about goddamn money. this world is so fvcked up.

• Like 6
Chris Evans

let's not pretend like J&J would help if their competitor was in the same situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
MonsterofFame

While it's easy to say Pfizer and Moderna look greedy, remember that it could be really bad PR for them in terms of public confidence in their product. 

Right now, people have clear associations with comfort and trust for each vaccine's brand. Combining vaccine messaging into  one group muddles the good with the bad. It would be like Biden asking Trump to join forces and only release political statements together.

Of course AstraZeneca joined because their vaccine has the same problem and is very similar to J&J's. They have nothing to lose. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
CaliLilMonster

I've heard that Astrazeneca and J&J use the same type of technology to create their vaccine and Pfizer and Moderna use another type of technology. So this isn't really that surprising.

YourEvilTwin
36 minutes ago, CaliLilMonster said:

I've heard that Astrazeneca and J&J use the same type of technology to create their vaccine and Pfizer and Moderna use another type of technology. So this isn't really that surprising.

Viral vector is a mature technology that has been around for decades. You think a powerhouse like Pfizer would be unfamiliar with that?

Oriane
3 hours ago, MonsterofFame said:

Right now, people have clear associations with comfort and trust for each vaccine's brand. Combining vaccine messaging into  one group muddles the good with the bad. It would be like Biden asking Trump to join forces and only release political statements together.

It's not the same for me. Clearly, Biden is "good" and Trump is "bad", to make it short, you can't even correlate the two. But J&J and AstraZeneca are just flawed, imperfect versions of the vaccine, they just want to achieve the same as Pfizer and Moderna. They're not bad. It's not like Pfizer and Moderna are going to help heroin or something.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 1
gypsy101
6 hours ago, lestyoufall said:

I think they should be collaborating but they won’t cause they’re after money. It sucks but that’s capitalism for ya. Hopefully J&J can resolve the issues & start producing a safer vaccine.

after what money? the vaccine is free

• LMAO 1
MotherOfPuppies

Pay Day Money GIF

all about the money - as always

Edited by MotherOfPuppies
I have to laugh.
Miss Dolly

It’s obviously, they just rushed out this vaccine for the money and didn’t care about the implications - blood clots 

Edited by Miss Dolly
Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
gypsy101
41 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

It’s obviously, they just rushed out this vaccine for the money and didn’t care about the implications - blood clots 

what money? the vaccine is free

Miss Dolly
1 minute ago, gypsy101 said:

what money? the vaccine is free

The companies are raking it in from money from the various governments 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Thanks 1