Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Mexican girlies aren’t serving like they should

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult

The Mexican girls are getting eaten tf up by the Colombian, Puerto Rican, and Spanish girlies. 

Only girls that stand out right now are Danna Paola and Beck G (and she wasn’t even born in Mexico).

Mexico, do better! Like 20 million people live in Mexico City. That’s almost half of Spain’s entire population.   :grr:

That’s all. Get vaxxed, gays!  :hor:

Chromatica Island

Did you have an aneurysm?

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

JusKeepBreathin

I love Mexican pop girls. But honestly where's this generation's Paulina, Thalia, Yuri, Alejandra, Gloria, Selena. 

Being a Mexican pop diva used to be the the top of the very top of latin pop excellence. If there is anyone I should be listening to, please let me know. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Aphasic
5 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

The Mexican girls are getting eaten tf up by the Colombian, Puerto Rican, and Spanish girlies. 

Only girls that stand out right now are Danna Paola and Beck G (and she wasn’t even born in Mexico).

Mexico, do better!  :grr:

That’s all. Get vaxxed, gays!  :hor:

I have to agree with you on this one. There's been a huge shift up until the 2010s Mexican girls were BIG, now they're reduced to pretty much nothing with the exception of a few here and there.

Also support for Mexican artists has declined a lot.

We don't have anyone at the level of Thalia, Pau Rubio, Alejandra Guzmán, Gloria Trevi.

As you said Danna Paola is the best one we have and while she's big in some countries she's not getting the same recognition as other female Latina singers.

LateToCult
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

I love Mexican pop girls. But honestly where's this generation's Paulina, Thalia, Yuri, Alejandra, Gloria, Selena. 

Being a Mexican pop diva used to be the the top of the very top of latin pop excellence. 

Nobody is blowing up right now. It’s so odd considering how big the county is in Latin America.

Aphasic
2 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Being a Mexican pop diva used to be the the top of the very top of latin pop excellence. If there is anyone I should be listening to, please let me know. 

She's a great singer.

Aphasic
10 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Nobody is blowing up right now. It’s so odd considering how big the county is in Latin America.

Forget about how big, Mexico literally has the biggest amount of Spanish speakers of all Spanish speaking countries. 

I have this theory that in recent years there's been a surge in hate towards Mexicans (including us Mexicans hating on each other) that it's reflected sometimes in the negativity the worldwide media presents to be. 

In decades prior our stereotype was this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6B9ZkYwrTD2cU07QdXjN

Now is this 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKUP4R3_NU-MS9eKS3YH-

Aphasic
7 minutes ago, VenusHooker said:

What is "serving" for you? Doing reggaeton?

JusKeepBreathin
31 minutes ago, Aphasic Top said:

Gloria is a living Icon for latin gays. 2011 Born The Way, but in 2006 Everyone Stares at Me, LGBTQ+ anthem 

Todos Me Miran - Gloria Trevi 

Recent live performance and 2006 Music video.

That last line girl. 

"I saw the night, and it was no longer dark it was made of sequin."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Runway
18 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Gloria is a living Icon for latin gays. 2011 Born The Way, but in 2006 Everyone Stares at Me, LGBTQ+ anthem 

Todos Me Miran - Gloria Trevi 

Recent live performance and 2006 Music video.

That last line girl. 

"I saw the night, and it was no longer dark it was made of sequin."

Gloria is a veteran and a legend. They don’t make the girls like her anymore :giveup:

the new girls can’t serve visuals like this, mind you she’s 30 years into her career :giveup:

Runway
50 minutes ago, Aphasic Top said:

Also this: literally she was the only one pushing boundaries in 90's female latin music, not just Mexico

JusKeepBreathin
4 minutes ago, Runway said:

Gloria is a veteran and a legend. They don’t make the girls like her anymore :giveup:

the new girls can’t serve visuals like this, mind you she’s 30 years into her career :giveup:

Yes! I hope she tours again. I don't mind spending some coin on a show like that. I got my vaccine. If I have to fly to Mexico be it.

Archived