Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Should DWUW be added back to ARTPOP?

MonsterofFame

Should DWUW be added back to ARTPOP?  

426 members have voted

1. 1. Should DWUW (Xtina duet or solo version) be added back to ARTPOP?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Riley

Im confused, if he gets credit no matter the version -- then why didn't they take down the Xtina version too?

That being said, it's a little too late to add back into the album. If she really were to release an Act 2/EP (or whatever may come out of her meeting with DJWS - if that even happens lol), only THEN would maybe adding the solo version or xtina version make any sense... but it still kind of seems like what's done is done and she/her team probably wouldn't wanna touch that song with a ten foot pole at this point.

(From a selfish standpoint, I would love the solo version to be added to the album -- so long as he doesn't get anything from it)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schizophonic

i think the christina version is a compromise that we still can hear the song and on the first sight no r kelly involved. 

pretty sure when that agreement was made they were hoping no one would notice. that’s why we just ignore him and keep on listening to gags. (and christina)

Anderson123

I've been reading a lot of posts here and glad to see people still love Do What U Want as much as I do. I guess re-writing the song in order to exclude R. Kelly's contribution would be the best thing to do but not sure if that's how it works or how hard it would be to do that. My guess is that Gaga just wanted to cut ties with him and removed it without having to go through all that mess. Her intention was to remove any traces of his vocals on her music so that's why she kept the Christina Aguilera version. I don't think she had a problem with royalties, he still gets money from MANY other songs.

She probably would've done things different if that documentary was released during the middle of the ARTPOP cycle but just decided to do it, release her statement and move on to other projects.

And whatever happens please stop asking Gaga or Paul about the Christina version. I want to believe they kept that there for the fans. If people keep bringing that up they're gonna end up removing that as well.

Yes, absolutely yes. The song is so empowering.

I think putting the song with X. Tina on the album would be the most logical, since it's still on streaming platforms, but I think Gaga could also either put the solo version itself or the solo version with a rewritten verse to reference her mistake of being used for clout by someone she admired. Because at the end of the day, that is what it was. R. Kelly was like a hero to her, and she thought the rumors of the time were so outlandish that they were ridiculous.

As we found out, they were truth, and there were many brave survivors involved in ensuring the world realized that. In fact, perhaps donate all the proceeds to them, too. The song is literally written with resilience and bravery at its core.

LandonM170
1 hour ago, MonsterARTPOP said:

Ok and? The Xtina is still up on all streaming services so he's profiting anyway if it's uploaded as a single or back in the album. Same ****.

41 minutes ago, Riley said:

Im confused, if he gets credit no matter the version -- then why didn't they take down the Xtina version too?

That being said, it's a little too late to add back into the album. If she really were to release an Act 2/EP (or whatever may come out of her meeting with DJWS - if that even happens lol), only THEN would maybe adding the solo version or xtina version make any sense... but it still kind of seems like what's done is done and she/her team probably wouldn't wanna touch that song with a ten foot pole at this point.

(From a selfish standpoint, I would love the solo version to be added to the album -- so long as he doesn't get anything from it)

This was because of Xtina's not wanting Gaga to take it down because of what the song means and the fact it was a duet between two woman.

dimitristhe

I don’t understand why R. Kelly would get benefited if Gaga releases the solo version. The song was almost finished, when they decided to put him in and he just wrote his verse. If they remove his verse, it would 100% R. Kelly free. He is not even credited as a producer, only as a writer. Am I wrong? :saladga:

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

President Biden

truthfully, get over it. Gaga will never mention, perform, playlist or touch on the song again.  Consider it non existent

I got drunk

sillynate

The album version (DWUW ft RK) was submitted to be registered with BMI. Therefore, any version that is released after it (ft Xtina, ft. Rick Ross & RK, Solo, and the remix album) is a remix of the original aka the first registered aka the album version

even though solo version was completed first, album version was registered first. So legally, he’s credited no matter what. 

*** In a perfect 2013 world: solo version is registered and released on the album & as single > remixes released with RK, Rick Ross, Xtina > RK is exposed > Gaga removes only his remix because solo version was registered first 

also off topic but if anything gets changed to ARTPOP, I’d want will.i.am to be added as featured artist for Fashion! :poot: 

If Taylor could re-record her old songs just to stop Scooter from making profit from those songs, why Gaga cant do the same with DWUW? She could re-record the song, take the masters back so she is the sole owner. 

But, even, if what i said is possible, we know how Gaga is, so, i am 100% sure that she wont do that and DWUW wont ever be added back to the album. 

FrederickSpears

No. R Kelly should never make a cent from Gaga's music and he still would.

Judas Society

as much as I love the song, I wanna do right by supporting Gaga's decision to remove it. Voted no.

MrMojoRisin

I would prefer if she added the solo version to the album. The Xtina duet was good, but it was released digitally as a single after the album came out. The solo version hasn't been released officially. So I think adding it to the album would be a good move.

Archived