šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should DWUW be added back to ARTPOP?

MonsterofFame

Should DWUW be added back to ARTPOP?  

426 members have voted

1. 1. Should DWUW (Xtina duet or solo version) be added back to ARTPOP?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

MonsterofFame

With all this talk about ARTPOP, it has me thinking again about how the complete removal of Do What U Want from the album doesn't seem right. I fully support the removal of the version with R Kelly, but she should've replaced it with the duet version with Xtina. And I believe there was a solo version floating around?

The song was a single and a core part of Gaga's message about the media and her fame at the time, and removing it entirely feels a bit like erasing history.Ā 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

All versions will still allow R Kelly to profit from songwriting credits, from what I'm told on here.

That said, I voted 'add back'.

buy bionic

Delulu Rogers

She always should have just replaced it with the Christina version backĀ in 2014. But now that sheā€™sĀ removed it,Ā to add it back now just seems inĀ poor tasteĀ 

GagaSine

I love that song, the message and heart of the song is beautiful. Shame it was tainted by R Kelly but both the solo and Christina version are excellentĀ :vegas:

LittleMonster20

Yes, the solo version was great and the lyrics made more sense. Itā€™s such an amazing song so I would love for it to return.

As someone already said, R. Kelly would still get the profits from any other version. So no.

HausofGabo

I think she did it for the right reasons so I stand by her removing it. But I think she should have replaced it with another song

Chromatica Island

Yes, solo version

Any/All Pronouns, GenderfluidšŸ³ā€āš§

InsomniaMonster69

I mean.... it's a bop and it's a highlight from ARTPOP.Ā 

But the song was deleted for a reason!Ā 

I don't think that it should be added back.Ā 

Franch Toast

No. That sexual predatorĀ will still profit off of other versions. It sucks because itā€™s a great song, but sheā€™s doing what is ethical. Itā€™d be great though if she gave us an unreleased track to replace it.Ā 

She/Her/Hers

MaryJaneHolland

It's not worth it having her dragged for a week of clout ARTPOP is getting.

lilboyblue

Only if it's a version that does not benefit R. Kelly. It's a matter of principle.

Archived