273 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss ‘Do What U Want’?

• Yes
    • Nah, good riddance

Featured Posts

Savage
On 4/7/2021 at 11:57 AM, Mister D said:

Apple Music :enigma: and iTunes :pawsup:

Do you mind sharing how I add Xtina version or Solo version to my ARTPOP album on Apple Music? (I’d love to make it Track 7)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nathaniel Arven

no really thought it's still a great song. I just noticed that I listened to ARTPOP few weeks ago and I didn't payed attention to it's absence... Like ARTPOP had always been this way. 

(I still loved it so much. The first day it was out, i remember walking in the street in rythm to the song as if i was Jessica Rabbit - does anybody remember the first time listening to it ? )

monketsharona

DWUW as a song is an highlight in her discography, and it had such a strong personal meaning especially after the bashing she had during BTW time.

The only thing I'll complain about ARTPOP (because I absolutely love that era artistically), is the fact she was surrounded by bad people that had such negative and toxic influences on her. I'm sure ARTPOP would have been better and more grounded (in terms of music, concept and execution) if she had more positive vibes in the studio and in her management team of course.

Btw anybody who gave her the idea to work with R. Kelly should be banned being around her forever. 

Xenoqueen

Honestly, I still hate that song for blocking Venus from becoming the single. HATE. And I hate Troy/Interscope for letting one day of decent iTunes sales dictate that. 

Xenoqueen
5 hours ago, monketsharona said:

DWUW as a song is an highlight in her discography, and it had such a strong personal meaning especially after the bashing she had during BTW time.

The only thing I'll complain about ARTPOP (because I absolutely love that era artistically), is the fact she was surrounded by bad people that had such negative and toxic influences on her. I'm sure ARTPOP would have been better and more grounded (in terms of music, concept and execution) if she had more positive vibes in the studio and in her management team of course.

Btw anybody who gave her the idea to work with R. Kelly should be banned being around her forever. 

That would be her makeup artist, Sarah Tanno. Gaga said she was the biggest R. Kelly fan ever and basically said Sarah begged her to get with him while they were both in Chicago, so she did. For her.

MANiCURE 6
5 hours ago, monketsharona said:

DJWS idea... :bradley:

username9384747

Yes, I don’t know why she just didn’t kick R. Kelly off the track and just use the solo version instead, it’s not like it doesn’t exist. But then again, maybe they had a contract or something that stuck him on it with super glue so the only option was to remove the entire thing.

IWantYourLove

I absolutely adore the song, it really hits home to me. I’m so glad it’s gone because of that f*cker though

its a pity she didn’t re-release it as a solo track, maybe adding in an extra verse where he who shall not be named was placed 

Archived