Sign in to follow this  
society

First US stadium open to 100% capacity

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

That I will agree with but at the same time its still their own fault for being lazy in their messaging. Maybe this will help guide them in a better direction going forward with their communication mechanism. 

Part of the issue I have with all of this is the same people who yell about their freedoms being restricted are the same ones making excuses for their actions saying government entities (like the CDC) haven’t informed them correctly. 

Which is it? Freedom? Or the government telling you what to do? It’s a contradiction.

I feel like we should listen to scientific entities while at the same time using our common sense and education. I don’t need the CDC or a governor to tell me not to go maskless in a crowd of 50,000 in the middle of a pandemic. 

If someone chooses to behave this way, it is completely up to them. 

Regardless of mixed messaging, the clear message for a year has been: Wear a mask, social distance, follow basic hygiene.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Serial Chiller
35 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

the rest of the world is just filled with jealously that we were able to turn the situation around and get on track to normalcy :whitney:

The rest of the world needs to tell this person quick :billie:

500k people dead. Sure. We're so jealous here in VN where covid casualty is 2-digit. :billie:

HuffsAhoy
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

500k people dead. Sure. We're so jealous here in VN where covid casualty is 2-digit. :billie:

Yes the death rate sucks. But, we are kicking butt with vaccines :whitney: Summer parties, here I come in 2k21. Look forward not back

Edited by HuffsAhoy
Rain on Me
  • Sad 1

Quasi
2 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

Don’t bother. Pretty sure this person is either a troll or just a selfish American given that every second comment of theirs is an argument that America is doing great and that anyone who says otherwise is part of what they call the “doom and gloom” crowd. I’ve seen them partake in several arguments on this site in the past 24 hours, none of which have made any sense or are particularly fruitful in any way.

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.
  • Like 1

ProfessionalClown
2 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Well considering the Super Bowl was not the super spreader event the doom and gloom crowd yelled to the top of their lungs it would be, I see no issues here. Great to see people living and enjoying life again; now if only I could be like this at a concert :saladga:

A good portion of the super bowl was vaccinated, and this is in TEXAS, I’d say 1% are vaccinated.

im in Texas, Dallas specifically, and you have no clue how stupid people here are.

thehanyo

COVID is nearly over in the US. It's become just like a cold at this point. Deaths have PLUMMETED because the most vulnerable people have been vaccinated.

The people that are still trying to police gatherings are the same types that are anti-social homebodies who DON'T want us to go back to normal because they will go back to having FOMO while staying at home every weekend.

MACATL
2 hours ago, Mister G said:

Texas is basically the wild west these days. They just do whatever they want.

They’re like a spoiled teenage kid who does the opposite of what their parents say just to piss them off.  

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

The people that are still trying to police gatherings are the same types that are anti-social homebodies who DON'T want us to go back to normal because they will go back to having FOMO while staying at home every weekend.

Or you know, we actually bother reading the science and understand that it's too soon? 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Thanks 1

thehanyo
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Or you know, we actually bother reading the science and understand that it's too soon? 

Sorry, but that's not true. The science is very clear that vaccinated people are 100% protected against death. There is NO scientifically-backed reason to prevent them from living their lives as they wish.

Anyone who is vulnerable has had 4 months to get vaccinated now. Just admit you don't want the pandemic to end.

Edited by thehanyo

alsemanche
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

Sorry, but that's not true. The science is very clear that vaccinated people are 100% protected against death. There is NO scientifically-backed reason to prevent them from living their lives as they wish.

Anyone who is vulnerable has had 4 months to get vaccinated now. Just admit you don't want the pandemic to end.

And you know that those 49k people are all vaccinated how exactly? Ever heard of of mutations? Or the 500 reasons this is a bad idea?

I want the pandemic to be done more than anything. I've been depressed and having daily breakdowns and postponing all my future sh!t for uni because I can't get anything done anymore. I haven't seen my partner in 3 months and wont be seeing him for another 3 or 4 because of the pandemic. So how about you stop making bullsh!t assumptions about people who are arguing logically and clearly about things that anyone can read if they bothered reading? Ffs 

reopening so soon only increases the chances of things getting worse and the pandemic lasting longer. Neither you or I get to decide that it's over because we're over it.

Edited by alsemanche
Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Morphine Prince
13 minutes ago, thehanyo said:

This post is so..... what? 

1. Not everyone in the stadium was vaccinated

2. What is this narrative that people don’t want the pandemic to end? Insane. 

thehanyo
8 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

This post is so..... what? 

1. Not everyone in the stadium was vaccinated

2. What is this narrative that people don’t want the pandemic to end? Insane. 

1. You are acting like social behavior before the vaccines and after the vaccines are the same. They are NOT. We are no longer concerned about the most vulnerable in society. They are protected.

2. People like you pushing anti-science crap in an effort to stop people from regaining their lives.

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, thehanyo said:

1. You are acting like social behavior before the vaccines and after the vaccines are the same. They are NOT. We are no longer concerned about the most vulnerable in society. They are protected.

2. People like you pushing anti-science crap in an effort to stop people from regaining their lives.

I am not spewing anti-science crap at all. I have simply said it's too soon, until more are vaccinated. 

Freedom fighters like you is the reason politicians have killed thousands needlessly in order to satisfy your perception of being free.

thehanyo
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

I am not spewing anti-science crap at all. I have simply said it's too soon, until more are vaccinated. 

Freedom fighters like you is the reason politicians have killed thousands needlessly in order to satisfy your perception of being free.

Give me a break. I haven't left my house in a year. I haven't seen my friends. I was a mask nazi. But guess what - that was then, before the tens of millions of vaccines were distributed, and this is now. You need to be able to keep up with the science. If you are fully-vaccinated, you have every right in the world to go back to normal. That's the truth.

Edited by thehanyo

Morphine Prince
Just now, thehanyo said:

Give me a break. I haven't left my house in a year. I haven't seen my friends. I was a mask nazi. But guess - that was then and this is now. You need to be able to keep up with the science. If you are fully-vaccinated, you have every right in the world to go back to normal. That's the truth.

So you're behind a keyboard fighting for your freedoms when you haven't even left your house? I follow all protocols and have left my house and have lived mostly normally for months. I am fully vaccinated and I AM keeping up the with the science and actually being conservative so we can end this damn thing.