Sign in to follow this  
society

First US stadium open to 100% capacity

ShayCristoforo

I understand that people need some normalcy, but this is not the way to do it. This is reckless. 

Ich schleiban austa be clair
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Morphine Prince
3 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

It’s seems 16% of the Texas population is fully vaccinated and 28% has at least one dose...

So even if we pretend the stadium represents all of Texas, this stadium would still be less vaccinated than the Super Bowl, no social distancing, many maskless people, no covid testing before. 

Some of you need to think logically instead of trying to rush in “normalcy” 

We WILL have normalcy in a few months if we play it safe, not by doing reckless **** like this. 

Hopefully this doesn’t become a superspreader, but it was NOT a good idea. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Mister D
2 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

And some flu vaccines are ineffective against certain strands. What's your point? :yennefer: 

The BIG difference is that we know how the flu behaves, we know its mutabily, but we know nothing about COVID (I'm medical student, I know what I'm talking about).

My point is very clear :yennefer: this is reckless and extremely irresponsible.

HuffsAhoy
10 minutes ago, Mister D said:

The BIG difference is that we know how the flu behaves, we know its mutabily, but we know nothing about COVID (I'm medical student, I know what I'm talking about).

My point is very clear :yennefer: this is reckless and extremely irresponsible.

A lot of what we were told about covid by the CDC has been a lie :huntyga: So sorry if my trust in the "experts" is a bit jaded

Rain on Me
  • LMAO 1

Morphine Prince
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

A lot of what we were told about covid by the CDC has been a lie :huntyga: So sorry if my trust in the "experts" is a bit jaded

What was a lie? 

We have been learning information, that’s how science works. 

Some of you are used to Googling something and immediately getting an answer. That’s not how science works.

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • Like 3

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Information evolves over time, especially when it comes to things like pandemics and novel viruses. It's not like experts just threw a bunch of words together then the next days decided to throw another bunch of words together and call it science. They're literally working with what they have, and what they have is constantly changing. Rushing back to "normal" life and pretending like experts have no idea what they're saying is only doing more harm than good.  

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

HuffsAhoy
5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

What was a lie? 

We have been learning information, that’s how science works. 

Some of you are used to Googling something and immediately getting an answer. That’s not how science works.

Im aware of how science works. The problem is the CDC has not done their part of education the public properly since day one. Everything was touted as the Gospel Truth, not presented as "temporary" based of knowledge. It's their own fault people no longer take them seriously because every other month that contradict themselves. 

Rain on Me

alsemanche
Just now, HuffsAhoy said:

Im aware of how science works. The problem is the CDC has not done their part of education the public properly since day one. Everything was touted as the Gospel Truth, not presented as "temporary" based of knowledge. It's their own fault people no longer take them seriously because every other month that contradict themselves. 

So you're aware that their information is changing based on the changing reality but you're still choosing to call them liars? Something doesn't add up 

• Like 4

Morphine Prince
Just now, HuffsAhoy said:

The CDC is a mess in their messaging but the idea people can’t understand information evolves is an indictment on US education. 

Anyone who has studied science or works in the science or medicine field knows we have operated based on the information we have. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hunney
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

So you're aware that their information is changing based on the changing reality but you're still choosing to call them liars? Something doesn't add up 

Why are you always picking fights with everyone? 

Please get a grip on yourself or leave this site

HuffsAhoy
5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

The CDC is a mess in their messaging but the idea people can’t understand information evolves is an indictment on US education

That I will agree with but at the same time its still their own fault for being lazy in their messaging. Maybe this will help guide them in a better direction going forward with their communication mechanism. 

Rain on Me

HuffsAhoy
5 minutes ago, Hunney said:

He is not picking a fight. He's engaging in discourse, which sometimes can be tense. I don't feel attacked and neither should you. :shrug:

Rain on Me
  • Like 1

alsemanche
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hunney said:

Ever heard of discussing things? You know when people exchange different points of views and argue with each other based on them? Yeah that is what forums are mostly based on

And idk why you keep trying to police who should be on this site on who shouldn't when you've literally been here for less than a week :triggered: Last time I checked it was the mods business to do that, not users.

Edited by alsemanche
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Hunney
Just now, alsemanche said:

Ever heard of discussing things? You know when people exchange different points of views and argue with each other based on them? Yeah that is what forums are mostly based on

And idk why you keep trying to police who should be on this site on who isn't when you've literally been here for less than a week :triggered: Last time I checked it was the mods business to do that, not users? 

Yes you are right i will alert them.

alsemanche
Just now, Hunney said:

Yes you are right i will alert them.

Okay :bear: 

• LMAO 1