Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kate Winslet says she knows "at least four actors in the closet"

Bambino

Featured Posts

androiduser
1 hour ago, Cookie Woman said:

Those are completely different points of interest. If Chris Evans or a POC or someone coming up came out of the closet tomorrow, they'd never get cast in a big leading roll again because society doesn't hold queer men in the same esteem as straight men.

I think a part of the problem is that movie stars are selling a fantasy.... the audience is paying for a ticket to participate in the fantasy - women fantasize about dating them, and heterosexual men identify with them as action heroes and romantic heartthrobs. If the lead is a gay man, the fantasy of dating them and being them is not there. That is why it's not a problem to cast a gay man in a serious drama - because a serious movie is not selling such a romanticized fantasy the viewers daydream about. But in an action movie and a romantic comedy/drama, the viewers need to identify with the character, and the character is always intertwined with the major star playing the role. Even if they're not homophobes, str8 men won't daydream about being a gay action hero.... and women won't daydream about dating a gay movie star.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gypsy101
21 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Of course, it's a vicious circle. Hollywood would rather make $ than have morals. Unfortunately, morals are what are going to change the world in the long term, but who cares about the long term when you can be rich now.

same thing those evil corporations have done with climate change / global warming. hey who cares if the planet is here for us to make money later, let’s make all the money now!

duskball
53 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I always thought he might be bi, simply because he has several famous exes who seem kind of annoyed/not on good terms with him...and if it was a straight up bearding arrangement I doubt there would be more than one ex with hard feelings. Also, Lainey from Lainey Gossip (I know, I know) has heavily implied for years that he is bisexual along with Leo DiCaprio).

I mean I believe it. I had a friend who works a a hotel he would stay in and he’s heard and seen things and one other said he get like he flirted with him but didn’t think much of it obviously not wanting to lose their job. But I mean.... maybe that’s why Gaga was so close to Him lol

MJHolland
3 hours ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Hugh jackman 

Bradley cooper 

Zac Efron

Yup yup and yup (my friends in the LA talent agency world have told me these for years now) 

Regina George

It’s not just actors.. It’s singers, influencers amd other well known figures. It’s such a shame that we are STILL living in a society where people can’t express their true nature. Such a shame. I honestly hope that one day people will fully accept the differences between us. Especially sexuality, race, genders.......

2 hours ago, Cookie Woman said:

Jake Gyllenhaal's career hasn't been the same since Brokeback Mountain. He was getting blockbuster starring roles but since he's done indie films or supporting work and only recently got a huge role in Spiderman.

Bradley's character is going to have a gay relationship in his next movie, I wonder if that will affect his career that same way? But since he's directing now I guess it wouldn't be as much of a problem..

Mocchi

I love her but man, maybe they have their own reasons to stay in the closet? Do you people mind? Sorry to burst your bubble but even if all your faves were gay you would never had a chance, so... :ladyhaha:

Justin Drew Bieber
3 hours ago, androiduser said:

funny how the ghays always assume it's the hot men are closeted.... nobody ever wishes Danny DeVito was gay

GGD only finds balding white men attractive :green:

zakariah
3 hours ago, androiduser said:

funny how the ghays always assume it's the hot men are closeted.... nobody ever wishes Danny DeVito was gay

why’s this literally the funniest comment ever on this cult site :billie:

zakariah
58 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

Zac proudly and loudly said he was bisexual

what? when?

Pennywise
4 hours ago, androiduser said:

Honestly? I'd LIVE if he was one of us gheys :huntyga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

HausOfAntonio

Hopefully its Jake Gyllenhaal and he sees me and falls so madly in love it compels him to come out and assume our love :nooo:

Archived