Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Your Fav Gaga Music Style

Mother of Puppies

Featured Posts

Mother of Puppies

So what music genre do you listen to the most meaning which is your favorite Gaga genre? (Since she has done some different genres) and is there any other genre or music style she hasn't done that you also love listening to? What other artists do u like?

I really listen to a lot of different music and in that sense I believe I am a "versatile music listener" :ladyhaha: The only genres I don't like are: Heavy Metal (strangely Heavy Metal Lover was always one of my fav Gaga songs lol) but I just find it exhausting to listen to... I'm not the biggest fan of Rap and I don't like a certain typical German genre which in german is called "Deutscher Schlager".

But other than that I really like:

- House/Dance/Electronic stuff (my fav genre)

- Techno (depends on the song)

- Rock/Country

- Ballads

- Indie Pop

- Jazz (I've been listening to Jazz since 2006 because I used to go to a Jazz bar when I was living in Spain with my best friend all the time and we would have drinks and smoke and listen to Jazz and just chill - and when I found out that Gaga loves to sing Jazz... well that was cool!)

- Instrumental music & movie/tv soundtracks

- sometimes R&B/Soul (but rarely)

Some other artists that I really like listening to:

- Katy of course

- Coldplay!!!

- Lana Del Rey

- John Mayer

- Alvaro Soler

- Above and Beyond, Keane, Eric Prydz, David Guetta, Steve Aoki, Harry Gregson Williams, Florence & The Machine, Marina (and the Diamonds) etc.

I personally love when she puts out electronic dance music... I think this is what she does best... which is why I think CHROMATICA is the best album she has made.

I also love "Born This Way" which has loads of Rock influences.... and I have always been a HUGE fan of "The Fame" and I don't know why some people don't like it as much....

I recently started to really LOVE ARTPOP... and sometimes I am in the mood to listen to Joanne and ASIB :heart: So it really depends on my mood!

What about you?

Any other artists you could recommend to me that maybe are a bit similar to Gaga?

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

If we count her performing Moth Into Flame with Metallica then metal but if we don't, then Born This Way type of electropop.

Otherwise I mostly listen to many kinds of metal genres and industrial, alternative, rock, goth and avant garde:giveup:

I'm probably wrong

Cherries

I loved the Joanne era, so country // rock. When she was in that genre it sounded better sonically too. Joanne is arguably the most personal album gaga has ever produced which has sonically had an effect. I fully believe that when you resonate with a song and it is important to you it sounds way different when the opposite is shown. IDK why y'all hate Joanne so much.

I've learned love is like a brick. You can build a house or sink a dead body

LeafBug

My favorite genre is Chromatica act 1 and all its commercial pop songs. My least favorite is the country side of Joanne (Sinner’s Prayer and Diamond heart etc) but I still very much love the album. :wub:

Babylon Dynasty

It depends on my mood :mark:

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖

enissa11

Gothic Rock blend with techno & pop, hence i really Love Electric Chapel and Bloody Mary
Goth German Industrial EBM with aggrotech and pop melodies, hence i Love Bad Romance and Government Hooker.
Plus Bad Romance and Judas have the typical structure of a metal song, Gaga even said that she wrote Judas as a metal song but using only pop tools to create it, the synths there really resemble metal riffs, it's super easy to make a metal cover out of it.

It's Funny you don't like German styles and Metal because both have influenced her a lot as an artist, and that's my main appeal to her alongside her nature as a performance artist, her EDM prior Chromatica is the most heavy & aggressive you can find in the mainstream pop scene, i understand you think Chromatica is her best tho, i think chromatica is her worst hahaha maybe just The Fame is bellow for me, but i still think they're good albums.

I like mostly the dark and extreme spectrums of music, so i'd love her exploring more those genres.

Mad Architect of Light

Mother of Puppies
11 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

Gothic Rock blend with techno & pop, hence i really Love Electric Chapel and Bloody Mary
Goth German Industrial EBM with aggrotech and pop melodies, hence i Love Bad Romance and Government Hooker.
Plus Bad Romance and Judas have the typical structure of a metal song, Gaga even said that she wrote Judas as a metal song but using only pop tools to create it, the synths there really resemble metal riffs, it's super easy to make a metal cover out of it.

It's Funny you don't like German styles and Metal because both have influenced her a lot as an artist, and that's my main appeal to her alongside her nature as a performance artist, her EDM prior Chromatica is the most heavy & aggressive you can find in the mainstream pop scene, i understand you think Chromatica is her best tho, i think chromatica is her worst hahaha maybe just The Fame is bellow for me, but i still think they're good albums.

I like mostly the dark and and extreme spectrums of music, so i'd love her exploring more those genres.

HAHAHAHAH sorry I just had to laugh so hard..... I don't mean that german style though hahahaha I love the german underground style :D

What I don't like about german music is this: It's called "Deutscher Schlager" and I cannot stand it.... I have to be really drunk to sing along to this.

And with Heavy Metal I mean this:

It's kinda cool in a way, but to me that is just a bit too much and too exhausting to listen to... and they usually scream a lot... I think Gaga's stuff is really different from that...

Bad Romance has always been like my number one favorite Gaga song, but I don't think it sounds anything like Heavy Metal... :huntyga:

I basically like almost everything she has done music-wise... there is rarely a song that I don't like... and I also really enjoy her "darker" songs- my fav album after Chromatica has always been "Born This Way" because of the "rock" influences... so I do like these "heavy metal" influences, but it's not the real deal... like it's not real "heavy metal"..

HausOfAntonio

Mary Jane Holland. That sort of cabaret-metal-EDM fusion only she can pull off so perfectly.

Basically all Madeon produced tracks are my favourites. I wish she’d hire him as a main producer on an album :nooo:

IWantYourLove

ARTPOP is my most listened to album. I just adore every aspect of it bar JnD just because I hate anything like rap music :laughga: I love her part in it tho 

Specifically songs like G.U.Y., MJH, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, Fashion! etc

Also Chromatica. Perfection. If only the era could match :ladyhaha:

enissa11
2 hours ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

HAHAHAHAH sorry I just had to laugh so hard..... I don't mean that german style though hahahaha I love the german underground style :D

What I don't like about german music is this: It's called "Deutscher Schlager" and I cannot stand it.... I have to be really drunk to sing along to this.

And with Heavy Metal I mean this:

It's kinda cool in a way, but to me that is just a bit too much and too exhausting to listen to... and they usually scream a lot... I think Gaga's stuff is really different from that...

Bad Romance has always been like my number one favorite Gaga song, but I don't think it sounds anything like Heavy Metal... :huntyga:

I basically like almost everything she has done music-wise... there is rarely a song that I don't like... and I also really enjoy her "darker" songs- my fav album after Chromatica has always been "Born This Way" because of the "rock" influences... so I do like these "heavy metal" influences, but it's not the real deal... like it's not real "heavy metal"..

Gaga hasn't yet released a proper Metal song, but what i meant is that it has really influenced her songwritting style and the spirit her songs have, for example, the "hooks" of judas and Bad romance make same function of guitar riffs in metal songs, structurewise they're the same as a typical 5min metal song, hence is easy to make metal covers. I also know she's a die hard fan of Iron Maiden, The Cure and i know she likes Opeth.
 Check out this bad romance metal cover from one of the most acclaimed metal vocalists:

It works so well because the original song has already this macabre edge in it, and it is loud and it is also metal-structured, she makes some minor changes and adds a new verse at the end tho.
Even my latest favorite song has also a bad romance somewhat similar structure, but stylewise they have nothing similar at all

I understand your feelings about Heavy Metal, i had that mindset too when i was starting, and now here i am listening to Black and Death Metal lmao, but it's also true that is not a genre for everyone. I think metal is the best genre to express really intense feelings, A playlist of generic metal isn't the best example tho hahaha.

And Lady Gaga is the queen of screaming in pop music, Bloody Marry and Swine are good examples, i kind of feel the same things listening to those songs and listening metal

Mad Architect of Light

enissa11
1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Mary Jane Holland. That sort of cabaret-metal-EDM fusion only she can pull off so perfectly.

Basically all Madeon produced tracks are my favourites. I wish she’d hire him as a main producer on an album :nooo:

I headbang the same to Mary Jane Holland as i do with metal songs haha

Mad Architect of Light

Mother of Puppies
19 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

Gaga hasn't yet released a proper Metal song, but what i meant is that it has really influenced her songwritting style and the spirit her songs have, for example, the "hooks" of judas and Bad romance make same function of guitar riffs in metal songs, structurewise they're the same as a typical 5min metal song, hence is easy to make metal covers. I also know she's a die hard fan of Iron Maiden, The Cure and i know she likes Opeth.
 Check out this bad romance metal cover from one of the most acclaimed metal vocalists:

It works so well because the original song has already this macabre edge in it, and it is loud and it is also metal-structured, she makes some minor changes and adds a new verse at the end tho.
Even my latest favorite song has also a bad romance somewhat similar structure, but stylewise they have nothing similar at all

I understand your feelings about Heavy Metal, i had that mindset too when i was starting, and now here i am listening to Black and Death Metal lmao, but it's also true that is not a genre for everyone. I think metal is the best genre to express really intense, A playlist of generic metal isn't the best example tho hahaha.

And Lady Gaga is the queen of screaming in pop music, Bloody Marry and Swine are good examples, i kind of feel the same things listening to those songs and listening metal

I ****ing LOVE Bloody Mary!!! And especially those screams she does! I just think that in Heavy Metal they scream all the time....:ladyhaha: and the "real singing parts" are missing, but maybe I should give it another go... I haven't really listened to it much because I heard it a few times whenI was younger and decided I didn't like it... so for a beginner, what songs do u recommend?

edit: The second video that u posted... that's Heavy Metal???? Because I actually think it's cool... Then I must have had a complete different perception of it. O.O

enissa11
7 minutes ago, MotherOfPuppies said:

I ****ing LOVE Bloody Mary!!! And especially those screams she does! I just think that in Heavy Metal they scream all the time....:ladyhaha: and the "real singing parts" are missing, but maybe I should give it another go... I haven't really listened to it much because I heard it a few times whenI was younger and decided I didn't like it... so for a beginner, what songs do u recommend?

Yess i think it is a matter of time with screams and gutturals, at first i didn't like them either, but i when i just get used with the genre, i slowly started to like them and appreciate the technique and intensity, and then i started to demand  more extreme things.
check out "Deadly Diminuendo" and tell me what you think, it doesn't have screams

Mad Architect of Light

Archived