❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
celeb

Lil Nas X upset with the "Satan Shoes" lawsuit, can't give the 666th pair

COOOK

Featured Posts

Queen Bitch

I like him, but in this case I really don't feel bad for him. Like honestly what did he expect using the Nike logo on the shoes, that they were just gonna ignore it? It's not f*cked up that they can get the shoes cancelled when they're using the Nike logo without permission from Nike. Besides I doubt Nike wants to be associated with something as controversial as so-called "Satan Shoes".

I get that he's bitter right now, but he don't really have a legitimate reason to be. He should have expected this. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon

This is literally a legal copyright issue. They're using the Nike logo on a product they are modifying and selling for profit. I'm sorry Montero, it was a great idea, but this ain't it. Definitely not a case of people being upset over the internet. You took a company's intellectual property. Should have manufactured them another way.

numb the flame

They're custom Nike shoes which customised shoes have been made and sold millions of thousands of times before these were created. If we're going to sue over one custom design that uses religious imagery then we also need to sue the Jesus shoes. There are custom nike air force 1's with LV, Gucci, Valentino etc official logo designs on the toe boxes. I can see why Nike wouldn't want to be associated with the satan design, however, if we're suing one design then we should sue all custom designs and not this one rule for Jesus shoes but another rule for Satan shoes. 

Agunimon
Just now, numb the flame said:

They're custom Nike shoes which customised shoes have been made and sold millions of thousands of times before these were created. If we're going to sue over one custom design that uses religious imagery then we also need to sue the Jesus shoes. There are custom nike air force 1's with LV, Gucci, Valentino etc official logo designs on the toe boxes. I can see why Nike wouldn't want to be associated with the satan design, however, if we're suing one design then we should sue all custom designs and not this one rule for Jesus shoes but another rule for Satan shoes. 

Agreed with this, but it also makes me wonder if they had a legal contract with the authorization to do what they did for the Jesus shoes. Clearly it's not the case this time.

Are documents out for the lawsuit?

HEARTSTOP
1 minute ago, numb the flame said:

Exactly this. Nike doesn't need more money, nor are they losing it (the shoes were paid in full before customization). And they haven't sued this company for customizing shoes before, including the Jesus ones. 

They just don't want conservatives mad at them because they are the ones who allow them to thrive even through child slavery and similar issues. :ohwell:

IDGAF

JusKeepBreathin
25 minutes ago, the Devil of Pop said:

If they just hadn't used the Nike logo and name dropped the brand name, the rest of his artistic expression is totally protected under the law. Corporations being more legally protected than God, whew sis, go America, go capitalism :party:

Edit: I wonder if they can just alter the shoe designs and remove the swooshes, settle out-of-court, and be done with it, and we can all get back to grinding on Satan in our new hi-tops :gaycat:

You are legally allowed to buy shoes and customize them for resale. It's been done before it will be done after. Nike is just upset because it's a "Satan" shoe. The same company has been selling the Jesus Shoes with water from the river Jordan since 2019 without any problems.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

What was he expecting? 

It was obviously going to happen, just erase the Nike logo and thats it. 

jacs vs looser

@alicefromabove @MelbHawker @TEANUS @Gagz

I think a lot of people aren't aware, but the shoes themselves are actually made by Nike, that's why they have their logo. 

The company who customized the Satan Shoes bought original Nike shoes, modified them and re-sold them, which is actually legal. The reason Nike is suing is because they feel it hurts their brand. 

Anderson123

Why did he think he'd get away with that while using a Nike logo. :triggered: I mean it's not like he's using some new indie brand, it's Nike. Of course they're going to step in.

Lil Nas knows what he's doing, he's living for this controversy and has done the viral thing with Old Town Road. The funny thing is that it's working.

RAMROD

Too bad, they should've removed that swoosh logo first :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Cookie Tookie

So you didn’t have any lawyers or team to give you guidance and warn you about a highly likely and potential lawsuit? No sympathy on this one. 

A Very Gaga Holida

That first tweet is ridiculous tbh

Freedom of expression? Really? :cryga:

bionic

Is the United States Constitution not a thing anymore? :saladga:

I’m what happened to our/his rights?

buy bionic

Archived