💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Justin Bieber Claims He Didnt Learn About Black History Month

Economy

Featured Posts

Thomas P

I’m canadian and i have learnt about black history month literally every year since junior kindergarten. 

I-

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

PunkTheFunk
5 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Hmm. Honestly, even if I believed his reasoning (which I don't) I don't understand what his answer means. He was asked why he put MLK in an album about his wife, and he responds by saying Canada is bad at educating Black History? Like what? Hasn't he been living in the US for years at this point? How can it still be your excuse? 

It is a brazen lie. I remember learning about Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and Rosa Parks as early as 2nd and 3rd grade. The only way JB missed learning about Black History is if he skipped school or didn't pay attention in class, which are both very plausible explanations.

HuffsAhoy

My Canadian friends, most from Ontario no less, learned more about Black History in school than I ever did as an American :lmao:Nice try Justin. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

JusKeepBreathin

This is so cringy messy...

Dan Levy Pop GIF by Schitt's Creek

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Economy
10 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

My Canadian friends, most from Ontario no less, learned more about Black History in school than I ever did as an American :lmao:Nice try Justin. 

Black history month was always a big thing every year. I dont get how hes saying it wasnt taught :rip:

The only thing i can think of is if his school board didnt put as much emphasis on it as mine did but being in the same Province i cant imagine the corriculum being THAT different. Different municipal school boards have very limited power or wiggle room to set their own curriculum. There may be subtle differences but i dont see something this big in most boards in the Province being completely ignored in others :shrug:

Sounds like an excuse

Economy
42 minutes ago, NewYorkGirl said:

It’s 2021 and he hasn’t been in school for a while. It’s not hard to educated yourself when the internet and anything else you want or need is at your fingertips.

43 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

So just because you didn’t study something in school, you’re allowed to be ignorant about it? :confused:

34 minutes ago, bionic said:

Isn’t Martin Luther King just general knowledge, especially for someone who spent most of his time from that age and beyond in the US

Yes its general knowledge @bionic even if he didnt go to achool

also black history is very much taught here from young grades in school so hes literally full of it

In fact there was the aspect of slaves running away from the US to Canada which makes Canada relevant to in the history as well so its taught.  "The Underground railroad to Canada" is an aspect of black history that is taught deeply during black history month.

We learned all about the slaves that attempted to escape and cross border, the "safe houses" of mostly white people sympathetic to cause (but also included black people in States where black people were free), about how some settled to runaway to northern States but others were not satisfied with that because if they were caught they could be sent back to their home state and no only be a slave again but also punished severely for running away

And of course we learned about specific indididuals like Martin Luther King, Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks etc who had lasting impacts

So Justin is full of it :toofunny:

I went to school in the same province as him and we learned about black history month from a very young age. 

Agunimon

Can't wait for
Insider Edition: Justin Bieber's history teacher says he is full of sh!!!

OBEY

never learned that in quebec tbh :poot: 

nickkoko

So the extent of your intelligence is limited to what you learn in school? Also, I'm from Ontario and we were well aware of Black History Month, so idk what he's talking about.

PartySick
3 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Hmm. Honestly, even if I believed his reasoning (which I don't) I don't understand what his answer means. He was asked why he put MLK in an album about his wife, and he responds by saying Canada is bad at educating Black History? Like what? Hasn't he been living in the US for years at this point? How can it still be your excuse? 

I think he was trying to avoid the "white savior" image for himself by allowing MLK to speak for the black community rather than doing it himself. But then the music has nothing to do with civil rights or the new social justice movement so it's just kind of random? :laughga:

Idk, I added the few songs I like on the album and left it at that :spin:

💚

PartySick

We learned about black history month in Florida but it was usually teachers and students complaining that there's no "white history month" :huntyga:

I wish Justin would have either leaned into the "social justice" idea and left the love songs on the shelf for a self titled album later (I mean, imagine having Justice and then Justin? Come ooooon) OR just not included the MLK stuff because it's highkey random and has nothing to do with the music itself.

💚

Archived