💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Brit awards nominations - no Gaga

Massive Monster

Featured Posts

Runway

She hasn’t performed at BRIT awards in 11 years. She will never be nominated again :billie:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runway
2 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Yet even with this so called "lack of work" she earned multiple VMAs (including being the inaugural winner of the TRICON), a Grammy for Rain on Me, an AMA, two EMAs, two MTV Millennial Awards Brazil, one NRJ, two Japan Gold Disc Awards, and one Queerties Award. 

tumblr_ped8azPgGQ1r8j1j3o4_540.gifv

She did that with basically no promo. Thats power

Better Day

Gaga doesn’t need any irrelevant award show award. Gaga has a Oscar :nails:

Together You And I!

HuffsAhoy
1 minute ago, Runway said:

She did that with basically no promo. Thats power

It just proves that when the music is GREAT, it speaks for itself. Our Enigma TRICON did THAT :whitney:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

JoeMo

Okay but I think that’s fair, it sucks but the other girls are currently bigger than Gaga right now and it makes sense they would nominate them over her..

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

Runway
Just now, JoeMo said:

Okay but I think that’s fair, it sucks but the other girls are currently bigger than Gaga right now and it makes sense they would nominate them over her..

Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Billie Eilish did not have bigger hits than ROM and SL in the UK :billie:

Cello

This is pretty weird actually. Stupid Love and Rain On Me have had a lot of airplay, not to mention Free Woman being played on BBCR2.. :noparty:

The Brits are a bit of a non event these days though. I don't think I've watched it for 10 years now. 

she/her 💗 free my mind

33 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Midnight sky was the biggest female song in the UK in 2020 and second overall, so i think thats the reason

Oh wow I didn't know it did that well. I still think Gaga was bigger but I don't care enough of the BRITS.

Runway
37 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Midnight sky was the biggest female song in the UK in 2020 and second overall, so i think thats the reason

Girl it was #69 on the year end charts. It was a hit but not the second biggest overall :air:

TimisaMonster

I mean...the nominees are a choice but it's not like Gaga did anything extra to deserve a nomination either this album era...she barely did the minimum 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

StrawberryBlond

There definitely is something up here. Gaga not getting nominated despite putting out a super successful album for the ASIB era was the sign that things were never going to get better for her at this ceremony no matter how well she did. If she can have the most success in a given year but can't even get nominated, this committee just fell out of love with her or new members got appointed who don't like her. It annoys me when I see artists nominated who haven't even put out an album. I get it, you can have singles that are so big that they bypass this, but come on, WAP was one big hit last year for Cardi with Up surprisingly not making much of an impact here and Billie's singles came and went without even reaching the top. They're totally only getting nominations because they're young and relevant. What I do find odd is that the list of females seems to be all about commercial appeal whereas the list of male nominees is more about critical acclaim, especially the bizarre inclusion of Bruce Springsteen. So it seems like a major case of ageism for the female side. If you're a female artist who isn't young and relevant, they're not interested in nominating you, apparently.

Honestly, the BRITS have so few awards in the first place that there's not much point in them. It was a joke that they removed the Best New International Artist and Best International Album category, so that once an international act is no longer new, there's only one possible award they can ever win, so what's the point of showing up? I know they're called the BRITS but why do they focus so much on British artists and can't even be bothered to come up with more categories that are clearly missing? I've seen people refer to the ceremony as the British version of the Grammys. Yeah, right. At least the Grammys can actually be bothered to come up with lots of categories and actually nominates non-Americans for huge awards. They've been a snoozefest for years due to their insistence of nominating acts that aren't even that big but not diversifying their show to make it more interesting. Let's face it, some years, there's not much going on for British music and this is one of them.

SerbianChromatican
8 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

There definitely is something up here. Gaga not getting nominated despite putting out a super successful album for the ASIB era was the sign that things were never going to get better for her at this ceremony no matter how well she did. If she can have the most success in a given year but can't even get nominated, this committee just fell out of love with her or new members got appointed who don't like her. It annoys me when I see artists nominated who haven't even put out an album. I get it, you can have singles that are so big that they bypass this, but come on, WAP was one big hit last year for Cardi with Up surprisingly not making much of an impact here and Billie's singles came and went without even reaching the top. They're totally only getting nominations because they're young and relevant. What I do find odd is that the list of females seems to be all about commercial appeal whereas the list of male nominees is more about critical acclaim, especially the bizarre inclusion of Bruce Springsteen. So it seems like a major case of ageism for the female side. If you're a female artist who isn't young and relevant, they're not interested in nominating you, apparently.

Honestly, the BRITS have so few awards in the first place that there's not much point in them. It was a joke that they removed the Best New International Artist and Best International Album category, so that once an international act is no longer new, there's only one possible award they can ever win, so what's the point of showing up? I know they're called the BRITS but why do they focus so much on British artists and can't even be bothered to come up with more categories that are clearly missing? I've seen people refer to the ceremony as the British version of the Grammys. Yeah, right. At least the Grammys can actually be bothered to come up with lots of categories and actually nominates non-Americans for huge awards. They've been a snoozefest for years due to their insistence of nominating acts that aren't even that big but not diversifying their show to make it more interesting. Let's face it, some years, there's not much going on for British music and this is one of them.

Since when is Gaga not young and attractive though lol?! Look at who's getting all those high class promo deals, Hollywood leading roles, Oscar noms, number 1 albums and singles... The joke's on them :ladyhaha:

F the Coca, F the pizza, all we need is shljivovitza

StrawberryBlond
5 minutes ago, SerbianChromatican said:

Since when is Gaga not young and attractive though lol?! Look at who's getting all those high class promo deals, Hollywood leading roles, Oscar noms, number 1 albums and singles... The joke's on them :ladyhaha:

Young means something different when you're female. Basically means "below the age of 30." And yeah, being considered mainstream attractive helps too, although Gaga's certainly improved her perceptions in that field over the last few years. Yeah, it just makes the ceremony look bad when literally every other major awards ceremony nominated her and let her win and she's getting deals to be the face of some of the hottest brands and getting lead roles in movies by Oscar-nominated directors. Their ratings would've probably gone up if she'd been nominated too and they could really do with that. You'd think they'd look at their declining ratings (last year's ceremony was the lowest ever with just 3.80million viewers) to realise that their ceremony needs a major overhaul and the first step is making it a more international ceremony. I actually looked up the acronym to see that it actually has nothing to do with British artists, it just stands for British Record Industry Trusts Show. Therefore, just music that was popular in the UK in that year, no mention of it being an almost exclusive British artist thing.

JustTea
4 hours ago, JoeMo said:

flavor of love wtf GIF

Archived