celeb

Lil Nas X addresses Twigs similarities, Twigs responds

ItWasntLaauv

Featured Posts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serial Chiller

I mean I consider Cellophane extremely aesthetic and conceptual. I see it as finding healing and embracing failure and heartbreak. 

Montero is also art but in a very campy and unapologetic way, turning the "sinners" go to hell narrative on its head. 

They may have similar imagery but the message and storyline are very different. 

hieronymus

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the 3rd image in that post?

ItWasntLaauv
10 minutes ago, Runway said:

Lil Nas haters right now:

tenor.gif

No hate in the thread please, most of the FKA twigs fans including myself were just trying to show her and her team support. Our intent wasn’t to hate Lil Nas X, but to point out that there was a clear inspiration and that it should be acknowledged. Glad they worked it out.

Lilbit

I love how carefully written it was. She chose every word wisely and addressed every aspect of it all.  :ladyhaha:

hieronymus
7 minutes ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

No hate in the thread please, most of the FKA twigs fans including myself were just trying to show her and her team support. Our intent wasn’t to hate Lil Nas X, but to point out that there was a clear inspiration and that it should be acknowledged. Glad they worked it out.

The word "hate" gets thrown around so flippantly these days.

alsemanche

Lil Nas X has admitted that his video has similarities to cellophane and thanked FKA Twigs and Andrew Thomas Huang for pointing it out for him, as he wasn't aware of how similar they were. 

Here's his full caption: 

i want to show love to @fkatwigs & @andrewthomashuang ! the “cellophane” visual is a masterpiece. i was not aware that the visual would serve as inspiration for those who worked on the effects of my video. i want to say thank u to twigs for calling me and informing me about the similarities between the two videos, as i was not aware they were so close. was only excited for the video to come out. i understand how hard you worked to bring this visual to life. you deserve so much more love and praise. 🏹🤍

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNEAOPCFaHb/?igshid=qzmm6uyvlepz

In return, FKA Twigs posted the following:

thank you @lilnasx for our gentle honest conversations and for acknowledging the inspiration cellophane gave you and your creative team in creating your iconic video!
i think what you have done is amazing and i fully support your expression and bravery in pushing culture forward for the queer community. legend status.
i want to thank @andrewthomashuang and @kelyvon for helping me create cellophane but also and most importantly i would like to thank sex workers and strippers for providing the physical language to make both videos possible. i have been working with @swarmhive to help support this community and i know all donations to the swarm hardship fund will be welcome during this difficult time. link in bio x

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNEFC0FJGxA/?igshid=20hfitx5naaz (make sure to check the link in her bio!)

I'm glad they dealt with this so maturely 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Agunimon
4 hours ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

You mean you guys wanted it publicly acknowledged that inspiration was drawn. There was nothing to “work out” except the drama you guys made about it. 

funkyhaus

He got his Judas controversy. 
I was waiting for twigs to make her next album campaign about the similarities 

madonna look it up GIF

Archived