💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Nike suing over Satan shoes

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

39 minutes ago, kukuryku666 said:

why do you care what straight people think in the first place?
it's not misrepresenting, it's a concept and he's expressing himself, that's all
we can't even have one sexual video without a problem, because homophobes made some stereotypes about it, like... f00ck them, lol

I worry because this is becoming his branding and he's also opening up to the wider world about being LGBT. 

I do agree with you though, it would be nicer if we didn't have to worry about what other people think. But in reality, there's pockets of society were content like this puts closeted people at risk.

It gives homophobic countries ammo to argue why gays should be punished (think Russia, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia etc). This satanic imagery is a direct disrespect for religion. I think Gaga/Madonna just flirted on the controversial side of things with their Catholic imagery - but this seems too extreme.

A few bucks and a swag video isn't really worth making homophobic people even more homophobic.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
js4754394o9823
18 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

I worry because this is becoming his branding and he's also opening up to the wider world about being LGBT. 

I do agree with you though, it would be nicer if we didn't have to worry about what other people think. But in reality, there's pockets of society were content like this puts closeted people at risk.

It gives homophobic countries ammo to argue why gays should be punished (think Russia, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia etc). This satanic imagery is a direct disrespect for religion. I think Gaga/Madonna just flirted on the controversial side of things with their Catholic imagery - but this seems too extreme.

A few bucks and a swag video isn't really worth making homophobic people even more homophobic.

yes, homophobes can use things like that against us, but we should fight this, not acting like they want us to.
respectability politics are really bad and hurtful.

your comments screams internalized homophobia,
maybe think about it.

and no, this is not disrespectful to any religion.
if someone wants to worship the devil in a music video, they have every right to do so.
no christian is forced to do the same
you can choose to be offended, but no real harm was done.

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Just now, kukuryku666 said:

yes, homophobes can use thing like that against us, but we should fight this, not acting like they want us to
respectability politics are really bad and hurtful
your comments screams internalized homophobia
think about it

and no, this is not disrespectful to any religion, people can do whatever they want
if someone wants to worship the devil, they have every right to do so
you can choose to be offended

I think this is what hurts me about small parts of the gay community (note not LBTQ+). How can people like myself and others be happy with who we are when we're labelled as showing internalized homophobia? I'm not defending homophobic Christians in the slightest, but I'm also not going to respect genuine people who might find all the satanic content intimidating.

Spoiler

I've been out since I was a kid and have relationships openly during my teenage years (I'm lucky considering some people abroad can't even come out). I've experimented on the gay scene but ultimately felt comfortable just being my boring self. I doubt there's any internalized homophobia there. So please, quit that now because I know those comments isolate more people than you might think.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a bitch, but it's driven a handful of my gay friends into dark places. 

"and no, this is not disrespectful to any religion, people can do whatever they want
if someone wants to worship the devil, they have every right to do so"

Being disrespectful to someone's religion or personal beliefs is just as bad as a person being homophobic. It's childish. Remember there are LGBT allies who are Christians, Jews and Muslims.

LNX can be as hypersexual as he wants, it's the satanic imagery that concerns me.

Bella Goth

i mean it's nike rights to protect their brand. nike is an international brand and by international its globally. it's not a good look if the shoes reach for example my country indonesia market. you know what happened to gaga here, they demonized her over btw visual and her message. and its not a good look either for lgbtq+ here in indonesia with lilnash an openly gay artist coming with that visual and his satan shoes, it's good for him but now people generalizing that lgbtq+ people acts like him. its not omophopic or not supporting black artist or queer artist. but somehow americans thinks the world is revole around them. be sensitive.

Bella Goth
31 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

this is what im saying, yeah its liberating for him, but did he really thinks this will affect positive reaction to lgbtq+ comunity at a very homophobic & religious country? 

1 hour ago, spasticdoll said:

full offense but how is it in any way his responsibility how heterosexuals perceive his art? he’s not “playing into these ideas” by singing about his experience and creating a visual symbolic of the rejection he felt from religion. foh with that internalized homophobic assimilationist bullsh!t.

I think you have an excellent point about his art - absolutely I understand his meaning (and maybe his anger). I think it would be easier to defend if he used it from an angelic point.

But satanic stuff hits hard in conservative areas where not everyone has a liberal, multicultural community. For closeted kids or young people trying to come out and be bullied or harassed, the satanic content makes it all too easy for people to compare. 

I'll admit my mistake in understanding his artistic perspective and thank you for your opinion. But please do not label my comment as internalized homophobia. It's a hurtful blanket statement that isolates a lot of LGBT people who share more than one community or social background. I've seen friends experience tragedies after others labelled their lack of hypersexuality as homophobia and sadly one of my closest friends isn't with us anymore because of these comments. 

js4754394o9823
28 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

I think this is what hurts me about small parts of the gay community (note not LBTQ+). How can people like myself and others be happy with who we are when we're labelled as showing internalized homophobia? I'm not defending homophobic Christians in the slightest, but I'm also not going to respect genuine people who might find all the satanic content intimidating.

Reveal hidden contents

I've been out since I was a kid and have relationships openly during my teenage years (I'm lucky considering some people abroad can't even come out). I've experimented on the gay scene but ultimately felt comfortable just being my boring self. I doubt there's any internalized homophobia there. So please, quit that now because I know those comments isolate more people than you might think.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a bitch, but it's driven a handful of my gay friends into dark places. 

"and no, this is not disrespectful to any religion, people can do whatever they want
if someone wants to worship the devil, they have every right to do so"

Being disrespectful to someone's religion or personal beliefs is just as bad as a person being homophobic. It's childish. Remember there are LGBT allies who are Christians, Jews and Muslims.

LNX can be as hypersexual as he wants, it's the satanic imagery that concerns me.

I'm not labeling you as anything

But your comments seems like an internalized homophobia to me and that's that

Telling gay people that they shouldn't do what they want, because straights will not like it and think bad about our community as a whole is problematic af

Do you say the same things to women who are sexual? That they shouldn't do it, because men will treat them badly and like an object? Or should they do whatever they want and be respected regardless?

Disrespecting religion is bad, never said it wasn't. (not as bad as being homophobic tho, lol), but (again) what he is doing isn't disrespectful. You can believe in god as much as someone can believe in the devil.

As long as you are not forced to do the same, no one is hurt.

1 minute ago, kukuryku666 said:

I'm not labeling you as anything

But your comments seems like an internalized homophobia to me and that's that

Telling gay people that they shouldn't do what they want, because straights will not like it and think bad about our community as a whole is problematic af

Do you say the same things to women who are sexual? That they shouldn't do it, because men will treat them badly? Or should they do whatever they want and be respected regardless?

Disrespecting religion is bad, never said it wasn't. (not as bad as being homophobic tho, lol), but (again) what he is doing isn't disrespectful. You can believe in god as much as someone can believe in the devil.

As long as you are not forced to do the same, no one is hurt.

I think you've misunderstood me. I'm talking about the satanic imagery, not necessarily the sexuality. It becomes problematic when you combine satanic content with anything (women, gays, trans, dogs). I DO think it's good to see a gay male unafraid to be sexual, but in a satanic context it becomes inappropriate. 

Hypersexuality in music for men/women/gays/straights can be problematic with anyone because sex isn't risk-free yet is glamourized. Being sex-positive is different, it teaches people to be comfortable with and accept their current body and appearance and teaches them to know when to say yes and no, as well as how to have safe, rewarding sexual encounters. You can be hypersexual and sex-positive, it's just the former is much more glamourized than the latter. 

I'm not advocating for crazy abstinence rules lol, I'm definitely no role model in that sense. But I do know that there are people who have actual internalized homophobia that may overcorrect it by trying to engage in hypersexual behavior. And sadly, many straight and gay men use sex as a way of hiding issues rather than trying to solve their internal struggles and conflicts. 

I believe the difference in our opinion is that you're looking at it from an idealist point of view where everyone CAN do whatever they desire as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. I respect that. I'm looking it from a realist point of what it currently is for people who just want the same liberties as straight people without being compared to being some weird devil spawn.

But let's get over it and be friendly as we're both in the same fight at the end of the day! 

JusKeepBreathin
6 hours ago, MonsterofFame said:

This isn't Nike being bad here.. they have to protect their brand.

Imagine if GagaDaily put "Satan supporter" in your signature without your consent -- would you be okay with that?

It's art. It like a manufacturer of blank canvas' sueing an artist because they don't want to be associated with the artist. 

Artists can legally buy shoes from Nike to turn them into what ever they want for resale. 

Imagine Hanes sueing a drag queen because she printed her picture on a TShirt. Is kind of what it equates to.

Besides the Jesus shoes has been on sale since 2019 and they haven't said anything. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

js4754394o9823
11 minutes ago, Gogo Yubari said:

I think you've misunderstood me. I'm talking about the satanic imagery, not necessarily the sexuality. It becomes problematic when you combine satanic content with anything (women, gays, trans, dogs). I DO think it's good to see a gay male unafraid to be sexual, but in a satanic context it becomes inappropriate. 

Hypersexuality in music for men/women/gays/straights can be problematic with anyone because sex isn't risk-free yet is glamourized. Being sex-positive is different, it teaches people to be comfortable with and accept their current body and appearance and teaches them to know when to say yes and no, as well as how to have safe, rewarding sexual encounters. You can be hypersexual and sex-positive, it's just the former is much more glamourized than the latter. 

I'm not advocating for crazy abstinence rules lol, I'm definitely no role model in that sense. But I do know that there are people who have actual internalized homophobia that may overcorrect it by trying to engage in hypersexual behavior. And sadly, many straight and gay men use sex as a way of hiding issues rather than trying to solve their internal struggles and conflicts. 

I believe the difference in our opinion is that you're looking at it from an idealist point of view where everyone CAN do whatever they desire as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. I respect that. I'm looking it from a realist point of what it currently is for people who just want the same liberties as straight people without being compared to being some weird devil spawn.

But let's get over it and be friendly as we're both in the same fight at the end of the day! 

I'm not looking at it from an idealist point of view

Obviously not everyone can do whatever they want

But being respectable and quiet is not going to change it and we are going to be oppressed and judge forever

The only way to be free is to **** what straight people say and fight with their ideology, not play with it and do what they want

And treating "satanic" stuff as bad is disrespectful to a religion, not using it in a video

Meruk Holland
56 minutes ago, Bella Goth said:

this is what im saying, yeah its liberating for him, but did he really thinks this will affect positive reaction to lgbtq+ comunity at a very homophobic & religious country? 

Homophobic and religious countries don't need Lil Nas' video or shoes to be violent toward the LGBT+ community, they already are. And it's not his job to be respectful and elicit positive reactions from those countries. 

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, Bella Goth said:

There is plenty of straight Satanists or worshipers of the antichrist. He didn't invent satanism. And hello, he kills Satan in his video. He's not worshiping anyone.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Gagaplayer315

Satan really has all these other deities pressed :hor:

Serial Chiller

Lmao ok sure they have a case because Nas didnt really go out of his way to clarify that Nike had no part in this.

But then they would look like asswipe hypocrites since sooo many other customized shoes sold by 3rd party sellers were unsued. 

StarstruckIllusion
4 hours ago, PussPuss said:

You know how they say when you're getting dressed, to take one accessory off before you leave?

That human blood idea should have never left the notes app. I suspect that's what put this over the edge.

no

and also selling human bodily fluids in mass products is literally illegal. Gaga already claimed Fame had cum in it and it was just a joke too

3 hours ago, KillerMonster said:

Impatiently waiting for Lil Nas’s cancellation. :saladga:

while you wait, stream CMBYN 

Archived