💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

LilNasX Accused For Stealing Art For His New Music Video

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Oriane
2 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

yes, but c'mon, the problem is they're similar enough to be considered a rip off, and the original artist knows that, and actually there's not so many details in CBYN at least in that scenes is pretty much just that.

Yes but the original artist claiming this is not always proof (look at Madonna...). I find that there are certain shots and elements from CMBYN that you don't find in Cellophane (I could do a whole review but that's not worth it).

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born This Way

I mean.... there is a lot of evidence that points to this. But, as much as I love the Cellophane video, I just do not care. #StreamMontero

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy

enissa11
1 minute ago, Oriane said:

Yes but the original artist claiming this is not always proof (look at Madonna...). I find that there are certain shots and elements from CMBYN that you don't find in Cellophane (I could do a whole review but that's not worth it).

yes, but madonna is madonna, she always seemed uncomfortable everytime they brought up gaga in the conversations, i think at the time she felt kind of threatened by gaga. Imagine if gaga would've been done something like this with madonna, she and her fanbase would've collapse...

Mad Architect of Light

enissa11
18 minutes ago, Born This Way said:

I mean.... there is a lot of evidence that points to this. But, as much as I love the Cellophane video, I just do not care. #StreamMontero

that's very insensible. I think the video is great, but nas x and his team need to make things right acknowledging the clear inspiration because as much as he deserves recognition, cellophane also does, this is not the way to handle sh*t in art.

Mad Architect of Light

LGHunter
6 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

that's very insensible. I think the video is great, but nas x and his team need to make things right acknowledging the clear inspiration because as much as he deserves recognition, cellophane also does, this is not the way to handle sh*t in art.

Are you FKA twigs or something?

enissa11
5 minutes ago, LGHunter said:

Im tired of yall not knowing the difference between copying and inspired by.

is copying when you have an almost shot by shot replica of a scene and pretend you never were inspired by it, even when you attempted to hire the artist to do it.

Mad Architect of Light

enissa11
9 minutes ago, LGHunter said:

Are you FKA twigs or something?

yes, i am indeed

Mad Architect of Light

LGHunter
45 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

is copying when you have an almost shot by shot replica of a scene and pretend you never were inspired by it, even when you attempted to hire the artist to do it.

It isnt even shot for shot. 

You should watch the video again 

enissa11
2 minutes ago, LGHunter said:

It isnt even shot for shot. 

You should watch the video again 

i've watched it a couple of times already, i never said it is shot for shot, i said "almost shot by shot" which is already quite concerning... You should go watch the video again 

Mad Architect of Light

LGHunter
10 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

i've watched it a couple of times already, i never said it is shot for shot, i said "almost shot by shot" which is already quite concerning... You should go watch the video again 

No you should

OMonster

I just watched the cellophane music video and aside from the 'flying creature' and pole, I see no comparison to the Montero video. FKA twigs doesn't own flying creatures descending from heaven, nor poles or animated faces.

The similarities in camerawork exist only because they are both falling down a pole. How else can someone falling down a pole be captured? 

Both videos are great... but they are very, very different. 

Besides, even if Montero was inspired by FKA, that's fine. It certainly wasn't a rip-off. His video presents a similar idea in a very different context. It is transformative. It is his own, unique, independent interpretation of a theme and idea that FKA also interpreted. There is no ripping-off. 

I don't get the debate here, in any way. 

subtext / fantasy

LGHunter
21 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I just watched the cellophane music video and aside from the 'flying creature' and pole, I see no comparison to the Montero video. FKA twigs doesn't own flying creatures descending from heaven, nor poles or animated faces.

The similarities in camerawork exist only because they are both falling down a pole. How else can someone falling down a pole be captured? 

Besides, even if Montero was inspired by FKA, that's fine. It certainly wasn't a rip-off. His video presents a similar idea in a very different context. It is transformative. It is his own, unique, independent interpretation of a theme and idea that FKA also interpreted. There is no ripping-off. 

Some people just wanna stir up things

enissa11
27 minutes ago, OMonster said:

First, i think the ideas are not similar, it's the same idea in a different context and with some differences in execution.
Then, that's not true, you can shoot a falling down pole dance scene in different ways,  if you shot the sky low angled, you can do the same with the falling or at least interpolate, you can use vertical shots to film the first planes, why do such odd framing?, the artist knows the craft and that's why he's mad.

Mad Architect of Light

LGHunter
16 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

First, i think the ideas are not similar, it's the same idea in a different context and with some differences in execution.
Then, that's not true, you can shoot a falling down pole dance scene in different ways,  if you shot the sky low angled, you can do the same with the falling or at least interpolate, you can use vertical shots to film the first planes, why do such odd framing?, the artist knows the craft and that's why he's mad.

I think you are confused

Archived