Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga: Perhaps NO collabs on ARTPOP, album is more personal

Americano

Featured Posts

Cappuccino

LOL tease, but it won't be.

The reason there is no collabs must be:

6R6Jj.jpg

Hmmm prob that. and im just trying to low my standard on ARTPOP, you know like if i dont expect it to be a good album , if it turn out to be amazing then XD .... but if it actually flops then atleast i was right XD hahaha

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
misanthrope

we are basically saying the same thing not sure why you are arguing with me on this point. We both like collabs that have a point, and not collabs that are stupid. The difference probably is that I think Gaga does fine on her own and I prefer her own artistic version, for better and worse, whereas you don't trust her artistic version and want someone else involved to temper it.

It seemed that you implied the collaborations on this album and/or the collaborations I wanted/expected, were the kind that were cheap ploys for sales and attention. Not the case. I just dislike that so many of her fans are so adamant about her isolating herself as if shes too good to work with other people. You guys keep arguing against that as if thats not what you're implying but it really is. I think thats sort of a major flaw actually lol

giskardsb

You guys keep arguing against that as if thats not what you're implying but it really is. I think thats sort of a major flaw actually lol

I actually have no problem with Gaga wanting to "stand above" the others or being egotistical about her own capability and art. She's always been the outsider, which is fine with me given that the vast majority of pop music ( radio pop anyway) is dreck. She doesn't need to play the same games as others IMO, even if it means that She isn't piling up #1s like Rih or Katy. Gaga's place, IMO, is to be the one pushing the edges, not the one following trends for the sake of easy hits. I'm not saying that is what you are wanting, btw, just stating my opinion in general.

misanthrope

I actually have no problem with Gaga wanting to "stand above" the others or being egotistical about her own capability and art. She's always been the outsider, which is fine with me given that the vast majority of pop music ( radio pop anyway) is dreck. She doesn't need to play the same games as others IMO, even if it means that She isn't piling up #1s like Rih or Katy. Gaga's place, IMO, is to be the one pushing the edges, not the one following trends for the sake of easy hits.

That has absolutely nothing to do with her putting collaborations on this record. Nothing. The common mindset here that collabs hinder her from doing so is the flaw.

Darcklighter22

so she's serious releasing material on the app and about new collabs even if it isn't an official release...k it isn't out and it slays on BTW already..looking forward to the next era :coffee:

GreenEyes

Lol at the people fighting over here, who cares if there is no collabs, first off you haven't listened to the album to judge it yet. Second off i would rather have an album of her then of a few collabs, collabs are cheap and are rarely good tbh. Telephone got old quickly just sayin.. I would have more respect of an artist if she or he did it mostly themselves. And it does good to the artist.

Cant wait for ARTPOP :party:

misanthrope

Lol at the people fighting over here, who cares if there is no collabs, first off you haven't listened to the album to judge it yet. Second off i would rather have an album of her then of a few collabs, collabs are cheap and are rarely good tbh. Telephone got old quickly just sayin.. I would have more respect of an artist if she or he did it mostly themselves. And it does good to the artist.

:eek: :roll: :duck:

All of this

Because the Telephone video ended with Gaga and Beyoncé driving off into the sunset… How can you start the next video without explaining what happened to Beyoncé? (If she's not in the song)

The one that got away?

Anderson123

I think she's changing her mind about the entire album. I don't really see an album made by Zedd and DJ White Shadow with songs that also include Elton John. I think a year ago she had an idea of what it'd be like, but as time has passed and tracks have been written/recorded she came up with new ideas. Or that's just me.

I was getting curious about Ratchet ft. Azealia Banks but whatever, I want her to love this album and maybe release that song some other time when it's ready to be heard by us.

Archived