Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

ROM: Nija Charles wins Grammy for a pop song! Here's why it's significant

Werk

Featured Posts

Werk

I'm sorry I know the title is a bonified mess but it's the only thing I could think of to catch y'all attention relating to Gaga :air: 

Anyways can we celebrate the fact that Nija Charles, a Black female, just won a Grammy for a pop song (Rain On Me)?!

I hope Gaga learns from this and starts collaborating with more females, especially more Black+POC females! She's collaborated with way too much men and that's her prerogative but I wish she would give more women the opportunity and plus, a bunch of the men she collaborates with end in some controversey and it's so annoying ugh, Terry Richardson, R. Kelly, T.I.'s sexual abuse allegations, etc. like less men please

" This record means so much to me because this is a POP record. Me being a black woman, people sometimes try to pigeonhole me thinking that I’m just an “urban writer.” "

Also not to make this a competition...but the BTS Army was getting real brave calling Gaga and Ariana White when Dynamite was written by White people (I could go on about the hypocrisy and BTS's racist mess but I don't wanna derail this celebratory topic) and Rain On Me was written by Nija Charles!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMaxOfVgn1x/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA59YNqAtXC/

Lucas

By the way as Gaga became a voter for the Grammy's, do you think she voted for herself in the categories she was nominated in? :D

nodandsmile

oh I hate this title

she won 'cause of her contribution, change this please! 

whole op is unnecessary like... :air: 

• Werk changed the title to ROM: Black woman Nija Charles wins Grammy for a pop song!
HEARTSTOP

Beyoncé, Ariana Grande, Christina Aguilera, Florence Welch, Hillary Lindsey, Diane Warren, Cher, and Blackpink all found dead in a ditch. :poot:

IDGAF

Werk
Just now, sickandtired said:

oh I hate this title

she won 'cause of her contribution, change this please! 

How about now? Please help I'm trying to find a way for LMs to still know it's Gaga related nnn

Jose P
Just now, Werk said:

How about now? Please help I'm trying to find a way for LMs to still know it's Gaga related nnn

The thread is on News and Events, that alone let’s people know it’s news related to Gaga

nodandsmile
5 minutes ago, Werk said:

better!

tho you can just say "Nija Charles"

Shipper

I'm pretty sure Gaga voted for Fiona Apple for the category she was nominated in. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

GucciGa

Gaga can collaborate with who she wants to. She has been more than generous to a variety of people in the industry and she is allowed to work with the same people, even if they are white men 🙄! This is a ridiculous thing to say. Gaga has one of the most diverse teams in the industry, even before it was cool to scour celebrity careers to see if they met random peoples acceptable quota of diversity. 

😇

S0436

Does this particular Grammy go to producers and songwriters though? I thought it was to the duo or group who performed the song?

GucciGa
3 minutes ago, Shipper said:

I'm pretty sure Gaga voted for Fiona Apple for the category she was nominated in. 

Let's be honest, both Fiona and Gaga probably didn't bother to vote.. Jk.. Maybe. 

😇

littlepotter

I mean... eh, kinda a weird take, but i would like to see a gaga project that's a collab with women. Though the one woman collaborator she does have (sarah) gets bullied and disrespected left and right so idk 

chaeri pls

GucciGa
16 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I mean... eh, kinda a weird take, but i would like to see a gaga project that's a collab with women. Though the one woman collaborator she does have (sarah) gets bullied and disrespected left and right so idk 

Good point.. I was so glad to see that Sarah's recent make up storage collab sold out! 

😇

• Werk changed the title to ROM: Nija Charles wins Grammy for a pop song! Here's why it's significant

Archived