đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Pitchfork says Gaga should win Best Pop Vocal Album

hankhatesyouall

Featured Posts

JustTea
2 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

Maybe because Dua ... released a better album? Yes, we are all Gaga fans and we all have an emotional attachment to her music, however, we cannot (or at least shouldn't) act like every thing she does is better than everyone else's every time

So FN had no bad songs, really? :ladyhaha: Did it have interludes or unique structure? :ohwell:

Spoiler

So... ----> Chromatica as an album is superior. :giggle:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FameHookah
14 hours ago, bionic said:

I think Future Nostalgia is the better and more deserving album. But I’d be happy with either :vegas:

Lmao its so basic and one tone like dua herself but yeah sure ..

WTF is MDNA

StarstruckIllusion

I don’t think she’s going home with a single award but I’d love to be wrong 🥺

DoremonLove

I have 0 hopes since gaga only got 2 noms. But CHROMATICA DESERVES it. I just dont want to have any hopes. :shrug:

How can anoyone not love gaga

Jose P
5 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

I partially agree. Opinions are indeed subject. Having a bias and acting like everything your fave does is better is problematic, though. You cannot deny the impact Future Nostalgia has had (and is still having) on critics, media, streaming plataforms, charts, etc. If you (and by that I mean any person) thinks Chromatica is better than Future Nostalgia, then there's nothing I can say, cause you've made your mind up. However, it won't come as a surprise to why albums such as Future Nostalgia, Folklore, Fetch the Bolt Cutter, for instance, have more nominations than Chromatica. 

But Fetch the Bolt Cutters wasn’t an album that had big commercial impact like you said. If anything, it’s a clear example of what exactly the Grammys should award and that’s QUALITY. I’m not saying anything about whether FN or Chromatica deserve anything, but just wanted to say that because that thing of people saying “oh x album should win because it was like the biggest of the year omg and she did so much promo” is so aggravating to me. And it doesn’t matter because the Academy isn’t even consistent on that bc you have After Hours and Blinding Lights snubbed.

And it’s funny that you mentioned Fetch the Bolt Cutters because it only got 3 noms, whilst it deserved more.

Cssomeone
6 hours ago, Peter Parker said:

It’s also surprising how they also have more nominations than After Hours too, isn’t it? Just following your logic of “the more noms the better the album” :spin:

They have more nominations than After Hours because now we all (kind of) know what happened behind closed doors. If the better albums had more noms, the nominees throughout the years would have been WAAAAAAAAAAY different. It'd have been nice to have Rina Sawayama and Jessie Ware with multiple nominations this year 

Cssomeone
3 hours ago, Jose P said:

But Fetch the Bolt Cutters wasn’t an album that had big commercial impact like you said. If anything, it’s a clear example of what exactly the Grammys should award and that’s QUALITY. I’m not saying anything about whether FN or Chromatica deserve anything, but just wanted to say that because that thing of people saying “oh x album should win because it was like the biggest of the year omg and she did so much promo” is so aggravating to me. And it doesn’t matter because the Academy isn’t even consistent on that bc you have After Hours and Blinding Lights snubbed.

And it’s funny that you mentioned Fetch the Bolt Cutters because it only got 3 noms, whilst it deserved more.

To be honest, I totally agree with you:vegas:

The Academy has always been quite inconsistent about the reason why they nominate and award most of the artists. Is it because of sales/impact or quality? First of all, I don't even think award shows like Grammy and Oscar should exist. The fact that so many less popular artists realease amazing works and are often overlooked is a reason, and the corruption allegations make it all even worse

Guest Messy vers
5 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

I don’t think she’s going home with a single award but I’d love to be wrong 🥺

How she can go to home with any award when she doesn`t even pay attention :ladyhaha:

Bradley

Wait, I'm happy at this prediction but they really think Chromatica will win over Folklore and Future Nostalgia?

James Gibson
14 hours ago, CameltoeKween said:

The only people underestimating the album are Gaga fans - the GP LOVES this album and it's her most critically acclaimed release.

The vacuum of complaining on GGD is so easy to get sucked into, but I promise you the rest of the world thought Chromatica was a smash.

Youre damn right. Stan twitter also tries to trash it and call basic but they dont count really.

Chromatica remains superior :vegas:

jimmytimestep
11 hours ago, Cssomeone said:

It's just called pop VOCAL to differentiate from pop INSTRUMENTAL. They are not judging only the vocal capabilities, but also the production. Otherwise Christina Aguilera would have 20+ grammy awards by now :ladyhaha:

My point still stands. Yes, it differentiates from “instrumental” but it doesn’t change the fact that we are judging the albums based on the category of them being vocally-forward, and in that regard, Chromatica still wipes the floor.

The production is no better or worse than on any other album and the vocals are superior than any other. My two cents.

I will say the songwriting may be stronger on folklore, but that’s not the category here. That’s what Song of the Year (or even record of the year) is for. 

all that said this is a bunch of hubbub over nothing. She’s not winning. If the buzz were strong enough for her to take any award, she’d be attending and they’d have figured that out around the Gucci schedule. 

Sepsami

I mean it's literally called Best Pop VOCAL Album, like how Chromatica not going to win over FN?

Either way, GRAMMYs literally mean jackshit after the snubbing of The Weekend :messga: and I'm not even a fan of him

Archived