question

I Really Don't Get the Madonna Comparisons

RRR

Featured Posts

Nathaniel Arven
15 minutes ago, March34th said:

that is not what a mashup is

ooooooo a medley :laughga:

stop comparing those gurls anyway. LGBTQ have room for more than one ally.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
March34th
1 minute ago, Nathaniel Arven said:

ooooooo a medley :laughga:

pls its not even that deep

Nathaniel Arven
Just now, March34th said:

pls its not even that deep

sorry i type like i think sometimes. I was really laughing not taking it seriously. 

My point is in the second part of the post. 

Chlorine Sevigny
14 hours ago, Bio said:

1. They're both italian, from New York City, with strong opinions and point of views, defenders of the LGBT community.

2. Gaga did get inspired a lot by Madonna, especially in The Fame Monster times. A lot of the looks, ideas, came directly from her, no one can deny that.

Gaga is a referencial artist, everything she does is a mixture of culture from the past, ARTPOP is about that. Madonna is also a referencial artist.

Yeah I was gonna say you can see it a TON in the Fame Monster era that's where it kinda stems from, and then sh*t hit the fan with BTW (the song). :selena: Had she already not been so closely linked to Madonna's work, there probably wouldn't have been as much of a "controversy" there and Madonna wouldn't have taken aim at Gaga the way she did. 

But that's all water under the bridge. :whitney:

Duella Dvil
14 hours ago, MadreMonster said:

I didn't understand why this was posted til I went lmao I love the monster ball

www.instagram.com/theduella666

TEANUS

Her principles of her artistry: larger than life, dancing while singing, theatrics that sometimes make you a little uncomfortable or often feel a little eerie, big sets, lots of moving parts, enigmatic personality, secretive with her planning and often motives, etc. etc. A lot of these are characteristics that many pop artists have, but very few can pull off all of them like Madonna, Gaga, Janet, Britney, etc. have 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

MadreMonster
7 minutes ago, Duella DeVil said:

I didn't understand why this was posted til I went lmao I love the monster ball

I was shook when I first saw this video :ladyhaha: I’m sure it was just similar stylists and fashion of the time.

But there are a lot of similarities between the both of them and I’m glad they are both on a respectful level with each other. Honestly, I think the BTW/Express Yourself mess was done on purpose but then was pushed too far with the fans which ruined their relationship.

I still hope to this day they do something professionally together. Whether that’s a photo shoot, song, promo, performance, anything! It’d be nice to see them working on something together. :kara:

insight

Didn't Laurienn Gibson say that she deliberately used Madonna's blue print to create the Gaga character. It's from the Los Angeles Times article from 2011

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/11/lady-gaga-dismisses-longtime-creative-director-laurieann-gibson.html

"Speaking of the ways in which she modeled Gaga's visual aesthetic on Madonna's work, Gibson said that Madonna "should be bitter, because I did it on purpose, and you can quote me. I did it on purpose because for all those kids who believe that you can’t, I wanted to let them feel that you can. And that’s what I represent, that’s what Gaga represents.”

What kind of message is she sending? Ava Max for sure is a prime example of this logic.

LittleMonster20

I don’t really get it either honestly but I’m just glad that the comparisons aren’t as prevalent as before. I feel like there are many other artists Gaga is more comparable with in my opinion.

HuffsAhoy

It was all an elaborate marketing scheme cooked up by two artistic geniuses, and the entire world fell for it.  

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Guest ARTPOPSlays
15 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

It was all an elaborate marketing scheme cooked up by two artistic geniuses, and the entire world fell for it.  

Honestly...yeah. Why do I feel like Gaga and Madonna planned the whole controversy in order to get people talking :ladyhaha:

HuffsAhoy
5 minutes ago, ARTPOPSlays said:

Honestly...yeah. Why do I feel like Gaga and Madonna planned the whole controversy in order to get people talking :ladyhaha:

The timing was too convenient for both parties imo :trollga: But it gave us a lot of iconic shade :reductive:

PropaGaga

The similarities are ultimately down to them looking up to a lot of the same artists. Madonna has credited Bowie as being the main reason she wanted to become an artist after seeing him in concert. She was best friends with Andy Warhol when she moved to New York. This is all stuff that has influenced Gaga as an artist. There's a similar crossover between Christina Aguilera and Gaga as well – a lot of the same references, etc. But they couldn't be more different in terms of personality and approach to their art. Both are incredibly hands on with their work, but I think Madonna is a bit more driven and polished in a way Gaga is not. Gaga has more of a rockstar edge to her work.

HuffsAhoy
6 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Madonna is a bit more driven and polished in a way Gaga is not. Gaga has more of a rockstar edge to her work.

Fantastic observation! A recent example is Madonna taking the time to re-shoot entire segments from her incredible Madame X Tour in prep for the DVD, just because she didn't like the way she danced with her knee injury. 

The Child
5 hours ago, March34th said:

the Stupid Love video reminded me a lot of the video for Frozen, albeit with a more upbeat and colourful vibe.

Dancing in the desert, same sort of hairstyle. Not making accusations of copying of course, but it was the first thing I thought about.

So when Britney danced in the desert in Work Bitch she was inspired by Madonna’s Frozen?

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived