Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Mariah Carey sued by her brother over emotional distress

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Mariah Carey's older brother is suing the star for defamation and emotional distress caused by her recent memoir, The Meaning Of Mariah Carey.

Morgan Carey, who is seeking unspecified damages, says the book falsely suggests he was violent.

As a result he has suffered "extreme mental anguish" and "serious damage to his reputation", his legal case says.

Her brother says the star has damaged his reputation by writing about an alleged "vicious fight" with his father that occurred when she was a little girl.

He has also sued over passages that, he says, imply he tried to extort money from Mariah after she became successful, and that he had been "in the criminal justice system".

source

The papers have been filed a month after Mariah's sister sued her for $1.25m  over the memoir.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

bionic

These hustlers have no case and are hoping that Mariah will settle to make the problem go away.  Predatory litigation should be a crime.

buy bionic

PartySick

I didn't even know she had a brother or sister. So congrats to them for making their first and only impression on us non-lambs one that reeks of greed and ludicrous mess :diane:

🖤

migamiga

they are literally corroborating everything she said about them in the book

also "serious damage to his reputation"? what reputation :billie:

zakariah

yeah he definitely did whatever she said he did in the book, i believe mariah

gypsy101
27 minutes ago, zakariah said:

yeah he definitely did whatever she said he did in the book

well obviously, if it wasn’t true he would have sued for libel

8 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

well obviously, if it wasn’t true he would have sued for libel

it is stated in the OP he is suing for defamation which is the same

Debithius
41 minutes ago, migamiga said:

they are literally corroborating everything she said about them in the book

also "serious damage to his reputation"? what reputation :billie:

You don't have to be famous to have a reputation lol. This has to do with his own professional reputation. I can very much believe that if somebody like Mariah publicly shines a negative light on you might not be able to get a proper job after that.

littlepotter

This is ****ing ridiculous :saladga: I read the book and that fight scene was from when Mariah was a literal CHILD. How would this damage his reputation like everyone had a fight with their father? Her siblings are so disgusting, imagine being related to the LEGEND that is Mariah Carey and being so jealous instead of grateful. Even her own mother was jealous of her

chaeri pls

gypsy101
3 hours ago, Tobcho said:

it is stated in the OP he is suing for defamation which is the same

oh wow i only saw the emotional distress part! i suck at reading 

Squidward T

Good I hope they get every penny. I used to work for a music venue in MA basically setting up stage equipment. Mariah was completely reprehensible. We were not allowed to make eye contact with her, speak to her. She would refer to us as "commoners' and "regulars" She treated the runners awfully to, ordering people to be fired ect. I have zero sympathy for her 

FentyGa
16 minutes ago, Squidward T said:

Good I hope they get every penny. I used to work for a music venue in MA basically setting up stage equipment. Mariah was completely reprehensible. We were not allowed to make eye contact with her, speak to her. She would refer to us as "commoners' and "regulars" She treated the runners awfully to, ordering people to be fired ect. I have zero sympathy for her 

you may as well end that tale with “and they lived happily ever after” lol

Archived