🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Cuomo Allegations Set Off Sexual Harassment Probe

JRCF29

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) is facing a highly-publicized and politically-damaging series of allegations that he behaved inappropriately towards female staff members in his office. The sexual harassment claims attracted the attention of New York's Attorney General, Letita James, who has opened an investigation into the matter. 

Lindsey Boylan and Charlotte Bennett have both publicly accused Cuomo of unprofessional and sexually-explicit behavior, with the former alleging he asked her to play strip poker (the New York Post breaks down Boylan's full statement here). Bennett has suggested that there may be other former employees who have yet to step forward, as reported by Politico.

In response to the allegations, Cuomo admitted that some of his words may have been "misinterpreted," and "too personal." He denied having sexually assaulted anyone and also denied having knowingly made any woman feel uncomfortable. 

"ome of my comments, given my position, made others feel in ways I never intended," he said

The Governor also sparked pushback over the weekend as he tussled with James' office over the probe into the allegations, first trying to appoint his own investigator and then being hit by state Democrats over his office's lack of cooperation. 

Multiple Republicans and Democrats have called for Cuomo's immediate resignation as the scandals he finds himself embroiled in pile up. Today, a poll showed that almost 3/4 of voters believe that Cuomo deliberately underreported COVID-19 deaths in the state's nursing homes. 

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Shook 1

JRCF29

Can someone help me turn the strikethrough off?

Don't Call Me Gaga

ssslyboy
Posted (edited)

I love that he "apologized" tho:

“I acknowledge that what I said could have been misinterpreted, and to the extent anyone felt that way, I am truly sorry about that"

:huntyga:

Edited by ssslyboy

Biden Harris 2024

Bill Clinton Act 2, here we go

wonder woman smh GIF

pachinko

Please leave Cuomo alone.  He should be our next democratic president nominee. 

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

RRR
1 minute ago, pachinko said:

Have you forgotten Alexandria oGodsio Cortez? :yennefer:

pachinko
Just now, Lady Papa said:

Have you forgotten Alexandria oGodsio Cortez? :yennefer:

She's too young. I'd def vote for her when she qualifies and decides to run. I love her. 

ssslyboy
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, pachinko said:

omg he won't even be re-elected as governor.  didn't you get the memo: he killed thousands of seniors by injecting covid-positive patients into nursing homes and tried to cover it up while selling a book about how he did a "good job", then was credibly accused by three women of sexual misconduct and "apologized" (didn't) for it .. in what world would he ever be a good democratic presidential nominee? :saladga:

Edited by ssslyboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

HuffsAhoy
11 hours ago, pachinko said:

Absolutely not. We need to treat allegations of sexual harassment seriously no matter who they are. 

HuffsAhoy
3 hours ago, pachinko said:

Why they coming forward now though? 

Why does it matter? If the tables were turned and Cuomo was in the GOP you would be rallying for the torch and pitchforks. 

• Thanks 1

TEANUS
Posted (edited)

Cuomo should resign.....between this and his handling of nursing home patients during COVID ALONE

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 1