Chromatica out now

politics

First poll in 22 showing support for Scotland remaining in the union

Miss Dolly

Featured Posts

Miss Dolly

“A new poll on Scottish independence has support evenly locked at 50/50 with the latest Survation poll being the first in 22 to not give Yes a majority. 

The poll, carried out by Survation for the Sunday Mail showed support for Scottish independence tied once undecided voters had been removed and showed support for Scottish independence at its lowest polling for 9 months. 

The study which surveyed 1000 people polled across Scotland found that 44% said they would vote No if a referendum was held tomorrow, while 43% said they’d back Yes. When undecided voters were removed it left support for independence at 50% – the lowest for nine months.”

Source: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19124089.latest-scottish-independence-poll-first-22-not-give-yes-lead/

Lets see all the unionists suddenly saying polls do matter. 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
Ricksies

To me these sort of polls mean nothing as it's usually all about the audience that it reaches and the communities asked will be different depending on who does the poll.

The only real and fair way is to give a full referendum to the Scottish people, most likely when Covid has become less of an issue and polling stations can be opened. 

You could say do mail voting but unfortunately that would then be rife with fraud vote accusations from the losing side.

• Like 1
Miss Dolly
1 minute ago, Ricksies said:

To me these sort of polls mean nothing as it's usually all about the audience that it reaches and the communities asked will be different depending on who does the poll.

The only real and fair way is to give a full referendum to the Scottish people, most likely when Covid has become less of an issue and polling stations can be opened. 

You could say do mail voting but unfortunately that would then be rife with fraud vote accusations from the losing side.

I am the same. I take each and every single poll with a pinch of salt. It does give a rough idea on the average person is feeling. I’ll never do postal votes, don’t think they are safe. They were rumours that Ruth The Mooth knew all the results of the 2014 referendum from the postal votes. Put me off postal votes 

Ricksies
Just now, Miss Dolly said:

I am the same. I take each and every single poll with a pinch of salt. It does give a rough idea on the average person is feeling. I’ll never do postal votes, don’t think they are safe. They were rumours that Ruth The Mooth knew all the results of the 2014 referendum from the postal votes. Put me off postal votes 

Yup definitely not safe.

What are your thoughts on the current Alex Salmond scandal? If Nicola Sturgeon is found guilty of breaking ministerial code in regards to the allegations of sexual assault do you think this could impact her position enough to have her resign?

From what I've seen in a lot English media/TV they're saying that it could force her to resign and tarnish the SNPs reputation. How do the people of scotland find it; are they also reporting similar or do they not care about it so much?

Without Nicola who has been a prominent figure head for the Scottish independance movement for some years I'd imagine that it would drive back the independance movement considerably.

• Like 1
Miss Dolly
2 minutes ago, Ricksies said:

Yup definitely not safe.

What are your thoughts on the current Alex Salmond scandal? If Nicola Sturgeon is found guilty of breaking ministerial code in regards to the allegations of sexual assault do you think this could impact her position enough to have her resign?

From what I've seen in a lot English media/TV they're saying that it could force her to resign and tarnish the SNPs reputation. How do the people of scotland find it; are they also reporting similar or do they not care about it so much?

Without Nicola who has been a prominent figure head for the Scottish independance movement for some years I'd imagine that it would drive back the independance movement considerably.

I personally don’t think she should resign. She hasn’t done anything major. I just look at the clowns down in Westminister and they have broke the law 3 times since Bojo became PM in 2019. I just don’t think it is enough for Sturgeon to resign. The Scottish media is reporting it but as far as I am aware not that many average people really care about this situation. What are your thoughts on it? 

the Independence movement is a lot bigger than the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon, I think no matter the outcome of the Salmond situation independence is safe. 

Ricksies
1 minute ago, Miss Dolly said:

I personally don’t think she should resign. She hasn’t done anything major. I just look at the clowns down in Westminister and they have broke the law 3 times since Bojo became PM in 2019. I just don’t think it is enough for Sturgeon to resign. The Scottish media is reporting it but as far as I am aware not that many average people really care about this situation. What are your thoughts on it? 

the Independence movement is a lot bigger than the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon, I think no matter the outcome of the Salmond situation independence is safe. 

I personally find Nicola a bit annoying when she's on the TV but then again the English media only show the worst of people, including our own politicians and you have to look for the good things.

I think if found guilty then it will break a little trust between people and the SNP. Whether that trust could be repaired or whether a new leader could be brought forward will depend on the backlash from the scottish people.

I think if she is replaced it would do good for the independance movement from a westminister point of view and an non Scottish point of view. She's heavily disliked over here and I believe that people would feel more positive and likely to negotiate with someone new and I believe that would be crucial to maintaining a successful break up.

But again it's all down to the people.

At the end of the day we're all part of the British isles and always will be neighbours. Whether we stick together and build together (definitely need some reforms) or we go our separate ways, we have such a long and complex history and we need to do that a service by remaining as good friends as possible regardless of the outcome.

• Like 1
Miss Dolly
1 minute ago, Ricksies said:

I personally find Nicola a bit annoying when she's on the TV but then again the English media only show the worst of people, including our own politicians and you have to look for the good things.

I think if found guilty then it will break a little trust between people and the SNP. Whether that trust could be repaired or whether a new leader could be brought forward will depend on the backlash from the scottish people.

I think if she is replaced it would do good for the independance movement from a westminister point of view and an non Scottish point of view. She's heavily disliked over here and I believe that people would feel more positive and likely to negotiate with someone new and I believe that would be crucial to maintaining a successful break up.

But again it's all down to the people.

At the end of the day we're all part of the British isles and always will be neighbours. Whether we stick together and build together (definitely need some reforms) or we go our separate ways, we have such a long and complex history and we need to do that a service by remaining as good friends as possible regardless of the outcome.

The media has a vendetta against the SNP (always has) and obviously they are going to show the negatives of Nicola Sturgeon as they did Alex Salmond before. It’s mostly the Tory owned media outlets that depise the SNP (don’t worry I’m not going whole fake news). I do try and keep up with what the media is saying and the fact the tories have botched the pandemic, broke the law, taxpayers money going missing (10.1 billion to dodgy contracts). The day Matt Hancock was found to be guilty of breaking the law, the top news was Harry and Meghan, convenient. 

If she did lie maliciously yes she should resign but the dates in questions is like 3 days. I’d believe Sturgeon over Salmond any day (always despised the man). She is a very mixed bag. A lot of people down south has grown to like her over the pandemic, even to the point English people tuning into her COVID briefings. I personally believe Nicola is the best person (atm) to lead us out of the union. I think instead of throwing stones at her, wait to see how people vote in May. 

Heavily agree with you, we will always be neighbours with England and Wales. I just don’t think the union is fair. It’s just the westminister system I hate with a vengeance. I’ve said before I think we’d have a healthier and better relationship if all 4 nations break apart and elected Governments in all 4 nations. 

• Like 1
xoxo Craig

The Sunday Mail is typically biased towards the Union, so I would take this with a pinch of salt. The numbers are most likely higher for independence 

End Racism Now
Miss Dolly
11 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

The Sunday Mail is typically biased towards the Union, so I would take this with a pinch of salt. The numbers are most likely higher for independence 

Exactly my thoughts. The Daily Record and the Sunday Mail is just pure unionist rags. I’d say independence is sitting 52-55% at the moment. 

• Thanks 1
Miss Dolly

@xoxo Craig just a quick question, what are your thoughts on the whole Salmond situation? 

xoxo Craig
48 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

@xoxo Craig just a quick question, what are your thoughts on the whole Salmond situation? 

I think people are making it a bigger deal than what's necessary. Its already been through the courts and he was acquitted of his charges. At this point, I don't really care what happens. What I see is the media and all the unionist parties attacking Nicola over and over again over this, claiming she broke ministerial code - yet they never attacked Matt Hancock for actually breaking ministerial code with legal evidence. They are using this situation, exacerbating it, and using it to try cause a rift within the SNP supporters and Independence supporters. 

At the end of the day, how relevant is Alex Salmond within Scottish politics? He's as relevant as Gordon Brown - irrelevant. He holds no power, people aren't talking about him (except from this situation), and the main voices behind Independence are Nicola + the SNP, and Patrick Harvie and The Scottish Greens -  not Alex. In my opinion, its unnecessary drama being brought into the spotlight by the media... and their target isn’t Alex Salmond, but rather Nicola Sturgeon. They know if the SNP win a huge majority in May, there will be an Independence referendum, and that will most likely be in favour of independence. So I think all of this is done to dampen the support of the SNP and in particular, the increasing support/demand for an Independence referendum. 

In short, I'm sick of hearing about Alex Salmond. The courts decided he was not guilty, there was a parliamentary enquiry which is fine... but its being unnecessarily exacerbated by the media for political purposes. I really don't care what happens with Alex Salmond, its not gonna make me change my mind about voting SNP and me being in favour of independence. The SNP/Independence movement is much bigger than just one man.

End Racism Now
  • Like 1