Sign in to follow this  
society

New Zealand : Auckland back to lockdown after one Covid-19 case

New Zealand’s Prime Minister said on Saturday that the country’s biggest city, Auckland, will be put into a seven-day lockdown from Sunday after a coronavirus community case of unknown origin was recorded.

The rest of New Zealand will be put into Level 2 restrictions that limit public gatherings, among others.
source

The new case, a 21-year-old man, lives with a student (tested negative 3 times and had no symptoms) who attends Papatoetoe High School at the centre of a COVID-19 cluster that was discovered on February 14.

The man was meant to be isolating but he left his house multiple times. He worked one day a week at an airport. 

He went to the gym straight after visiting the GP for his COVID-19 test on Friday.

The lockdown is necessary due to there being no immediate transmission link between the new case and the latest Auckland cluster, and because of the number of places the case had visited while potentially infectious. 

There are currently six new locations of interest visited by the new case. They are:
♦ Hunter Plaza, Papatoetoe, visited at 26 February between 2.55pm-5pm
♦ Burger King, Highland Park, on 25 February, 8pm-9pm
♦ Your Health Pharmacy, Papatoetoe, 23 February, 2.45pm-3.50pm
♦ Pak ‘N’ Save Manukau, 21 February, 5.30pm-6.40pm
♦ CityFitness, Papatoetoe, 26 February, 3.20pm-4.40pm and, 20 February, 12.20pm-1.45pm
♦ Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT), Ōtara, 22, 25 and 26 February

source source source

Edited by 777777777777777777
👻
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 1

Helxig

Shh stop reminding me :triggered:

It's probably that f.ucking family where multiple of them had it and continued going to work/into public

When will people learn that if they're waiting on their covid test results when sick they need to stay home and isolate. Their ignorance puts millions of us out and risks our entire economy.

Also take this as a lesson everyone overseas... when people start getting vaccinated, that's not when it's all over. This thing is so temperamental that even slightly slacking in diligence can have a huge domino effect. We need to stay on top of our sh.it until everyone (minus the few crazies who won't) is vaccinated and the virus is in major decline, if not completely eliminated, before life can go back to the way it was

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 2

PartySick

1 week of lockdown > a year of death :spin:

Still super jealous of NZ's leadership.

🧡No matter what you do, I'm still gonna be here🧡
  • Like 7

Stupid Oreo

Bad karma:usrs:

how do you piss lady gaga off? poke her face

Sneaky Oliver

The way the whole country is in lockdown due to ONE case while my country waits for like 100k deaths to start quarantining  :toofunny:

i love you lots like polka-dots
  • Like 14

March34th

now this is how you do it girlies! canada take notes

gypsy101
9 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

The way the whole country is in lockdown due to ONE case while my country waits for like 100k deaths to start quarantining  :toofunny:

america gets to like one month of lockdown every 250k deaths 

Edited by gypsy101

Lucas

They're doing what they must do unlike basically every other country on the planet :sweat:

Helxig
53 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Well the one city (Auckland) is in lockdown! Just for a week (unless they find more spread) while they investigate where it could've come from and test the people that the infected were in contact with. The rest of us are in level 2 which means social distancing in public, no large gatherings, extra cleaning and precautionary measures at work, etc.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1

Taylucifer

wouldn't have been a problem if they had just put nz in a two week lockdown:yennefer:

go stream Fearless (Taylor's Version)

54 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

They have more cases but they can't directly link this one to earlier cases + this person visited multiple places possibly unknowingly infectious for as long as a week without isolation.

This man meant to be self-isolating but he didn't. He even went to the gym after his Covid-19 test :toofunny:
His sibling is a student at Papatoetoe High School (COVID-19 cluster, discovered on February 14)  but they can't  provide a straightforward link in this case to the school, since the student previously tested negative.

👻
  • Like 2

Mister G

Good Job New Zealand. If more countries followed their footsteps I guarantee we would have been ahead of this mess months ago.

Economy
On 2/27/2021 at 4:12 AM, 777777777777777777 said:

The man was meant to be isolating but he left his house multiple times. He worked one day a week at an airport. 

He went to the gym straight after visiting the GP for his COVID-19 test on Friday.

:bear:

Ppl complain pandemic is dragging on but then pull sh#t like this :madge:

RAMROD

Wait, why have they not started Vaccination program yet? Still waiting for their batch?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡