Sign in to follow this  
question

why was dark horse so cheap?

vyniildisk

this washed up kween had the oportunity to go the lady gaga pretentious route, something grand and triconic like Alejandro or Frozen or at least something in between like LookWhatYouMadeMeDo

She had the music, the vibe, the lewks, the popularity, the BUDGET

why she went the goofy route?

i think this is key as why she is not a queen with longevity nowadays 

That funny, messy behaviour was cute but very short sighted

 

look at this, such a missed oportunity

this was grammy worthy and she wasted all for what? 

 

Edited by Dulo Peep
  • Like 6
  • YAAAS 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JRCF29

It has 3B views, I'd hardly call it a missed opportunity. It was an end-of-summer bop and the video was bright and fun, themed for it

Edited by JRCF29
Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 7

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeth

Are you seriously calling a music video with 3 billion hits a wasted opportunity..?

  • Like 5
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 21

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Runway

Because she relied on payola and dr luke. Not a real creative vision for her career 

  • Like 9

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
vyniildisk
2 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

It has 3B views, I'd hardly call it a missed opportunity. It was an end-of-summer bop and the video was bright and fun, themed for it

 

2 minutes ago, Zeth said:

Are you seriously calling a music video with 3 billion hits a wasted opportunity..?

you guys are as short sighted as her, look where she is now, or artists with videos that have more views than this

music video GIF by Katy Perry

  • Like 8
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JRCF29
1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

 

you guys are as short sighted as her, look where she is now, or artists with videos that have more views than this

music video GIF by Katy Perry

Is it really your position, though, that the Dark Horse music video from 2013 is the reason she is no longer relevant in 2021?

It's not as though 2013-2015 wasn't a huge period for her. I think that Smile's album rollout was really messy, much of its content uninspired and unoriginal, and if you want to talk about awful music videos... But to draw a line from Prism to Smile??

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Like 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rahrahbitchson

I totally get your point, i tought the same the first time i saw it  

Unapologetic BiAtch
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
weed

That's her look that works for her. Unconditionally was really nice, flop! Birthday was kinda unique, flop! 

  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
r4therupbeat

it's so sad that G.U.Y. masterpiece costed so much and nobody watched it and Dark Horse ended up having 3billion views

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThisGuyTony

I agree. These comedic videos appealed to younger audiences but once they grew up they didn’t want to bother with her anymore...

Edited by ThisGuyTony
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
vyniildisk
4 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

I totally get your point, i tought the same the first time i saw it  

 

2 minutes ago, weed said:

That's her look that works for her. Unconditionally was really nice, flop! Birthday was kinda unique, flop! 

 

2 minutes ago, r4therupbeat said:

it's so sad that G.U.Y. masterpiece costed so much and nobody watched it and Dark Horse ended up having 3billion views

thank u sistrens! i'm glad i'm not alone in this. 

 

Btw you @JRCF29 giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JRCF29
1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

 

 

thank u sistrens! i'm glad i'm not alone in this. 

 

Btw you @JRCF29 giphy.gif

I'm happy to drag Katy on any other topic tho:kiss:

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
vyniildisk
7 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I agree. These comedic videos appealed to younger audiences but once they grew up they didn’t want to bother with her anymore...

Exactly¡ thank you! I was getting paranoid i was the only one w this unpooular opinion

1 minute ago, babs said:

Honey, it's Katy, she lives for the goofy

yes but c'mon! She already had plenty of goofines in her video catalogue. I can understand it for basic bops like TGIF but dark horse is one hell of a song! It deserved a dif treatment

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SevenWonder

TBH it's the only video I've watched more than once by Katy. I really like it. And it's easily my favorite song of hers. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...