Sign in to follow this  
politics

"Biden is committed" to $15/hr

FATCAT

MSNBC’s Will Geist then asked if the president was still “committed” to passing the minimum wage increase through the American Rescue Plan – which was created to address the current Covid-19 crisis – despite the Senate parliamentarian ruling on Thursday that the $15 increase violated the reconciliation process.

“Absolutely,” Mr Deese responded. “The president has campaigned on the $15 minimum wage, he believes in the $15 minimum wage, he’s committed to getting it done.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/biden-minimum-wage-stimulus-covid-b1808079.html

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 2

bionic

Its out of his hands. He can't control Congress. Write to your Senators

buy bionic
  • Like 2

bionic

I think $15 for big business it the best compromise we'll get. Even Snake Hawley is on board with that

buy bionic
  • Like 1

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

Its out of his hands. He can't control Congress. Write to your Senators

Kamala Harris can overrule the parliamentarian, it's not out of their hands just yet.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1

bionic
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

Kamala Harris can overrule the parliamentarian, it's not out of their hands just yet.

If there's anyone I wouldn't count on... :gum: 

buy bionic

Kimmo

Now commit to everything else you promise ma’am 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886f2df0bb64e3430eacd

Tragic.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vyniildisk

how is 15 bucks per hour even legal? how does that even work? the government give them 15, the boss another 15, and so on?

Morphine Prince

By the time we get $15/hr it will no longer be a living wage. 

Which is the plan, I’m not scared to say. 

And actually, it isn’t a living wage in many parts of the country already :lmao: 

$15 IS the compromise. 

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

holy scheisse
4 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

By the time we get $15/hr it will no longer be a living wage. 

Which is the plan, I’m not scared to say. 

And actually, it isn’t a living wage in many parts of the country already :lmao: 

$15 IS the compromise. 

I make 16/hour with a Master's level job and it's still not enough for me to survive independently in my city. If I didn't have 2 roommates i'd be homeless because i don't make enough to afford 2-3x monthly rent that many apartments require :flop: even with 2 roommates and 16/hour, i'm not saving money at all i'm living paycheck to paycheck. It's crazy that anybody is expected to survive n thrive off of 10/hour let alone 15

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

JRCF29

Was the quote "Biden is committed"? Because if not then Biden has to go outside the quotes... 

Spoiler

I copy edit my school's newspaper:bye:

Don't Call Me Gaga

Lion Heart
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

She needs 50 votes to sustain her overrule. Manchin and Sinema are likely 'nos'. 

I think their best bet is to go with Hawley's suggestion, but they are so short sighted and stupid they will probably tank it altogether and be like "oh well, we tried teehee.." and then expect us to forget about it as soon as Trumo announces anything.

The Democratic Party would be unironically dead if Trump gets reelected and passes a 15 dollar min wage himself. Holy **** just the thought of it is passing me off. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Lion Heart

Also I can see Democrat party leaders balking at Hawley's suggestion and start screeching about how he's an "iNsUrrEctiOnist!!!!" rather than address his proposal. Just watch. I think the Dem Party is actually happy that they don't have to pass the 15DMW seeing how NO EFFORT has been made to try and get it done.. apart from screeching incessantly about Hawley and Trump. Jesus fuxking Christ.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Morphine Prince

Don’t let this distract you from the fact Joe Biden owes you $2,000. 

Not $1,400. $2,000. 

Dems ran on $2,000 checks in Georgia. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

StarstruckIllusion

Apparently there’s gonna be a Senate vote today, so yknow, let’s see if Sinema and Manchin wanna ruin America