Sign in to follow this  
politics

Inflation fails to click w Senator; looks dumb as...

StarstruckIllusion

LMAOOO

• LMAO 10
  • Thanks 2

PunkTheFunk

How do these people function in society, let alone run a country.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Economy

If he started at $1/h was minimum wage even lower back then in his state or something (adjusting inflation) or was he being paid that illegally?

Cuz based on that conversion $1 in 1979 would still be less than $4 now :duck:

Edit: oh is it cuz of tip earnings? Here in Canada most Provinces allow a lower minimum wage for tip earners

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1

Evan Peters
44 minutes ago, Economy said:

If he started at $1/h was minimum wage even lower back then in his state or something (adjusting inflation) or was he being paid that illegally?

Cuz based on that conversion $1 in 1979 would still be less than $4 now :duck:

Edit: oh is it cuz of tip earnings? Here in Canada most Provinces allow a lower minimum wage for tip earners

min wage was 2.69 so if he was a busser then yeah it's cuz of tips 

emma roberts is an abuser
  • Like 1

PEZ

Oh gosh, when I clicked this thread I was expecting it to be about this bill, it's sad that there's more than one Senator we could easily expect this garbage from  :smh:

⚡ Gaga, Rammstein, Aphex Twin, Autechre, Kraftwerk, Machine Girl, & Death Grips 🐲
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2

E Z

These sons of bitches really twisting and turning to make this stimulus look like an unnecessary expenditure when they unilaterally enacted a $1.8 trillion tax cut not too long ago as a party, huh? (When the economy was fine and didn’t need it.) 

Edited by E Z
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AJRocketMan
16 minutes ago, E Z said:

These sons of bitches really twisting and turning to make this stimulus look like an unnecessary expenditure when they unilaterally enacted a $1.8 trillion tax cut not too long ago as a party, huh? (When the economy was fine and didn’t need it.) 

Correction: When it was fine for the rich people, not the working class. :vegas:

Eighteen

wow he worked his way up to get a 5 dollar raise? good lord that is like... unheard of now.

this guy is so detached from reality these days. my grandma worked at 7-11 for 5 years in the early 2000s, and over those five years she started there working for minimum wage and she LEFT there working for minimum wage. like tf? vote these people out, either they have no idea what they're talking about, or they do know the reality and go out and lie about it. :triggered:

again, democrats = somewhat disappointing bc they are too moderate, but republicans = batshit crazy and a party that is so radical and insane that i'd get on my knees and blow every moderate in congress before i even let the THOUGHT of voting for any republican even cross my god damn mind. 

• Like 3