Sign in to follow this  
society

Ten rescued orangutans returned to the wild in Indonesia

FfFfFfFF

img.jpg?width=1245&quality=85&coordinate

Ten orangutans have been released back into the wild in the Indonesian part of Borneo island, with helicopters used to ferry the critically endangered great apes deep into the forest from rehabilitation centres.

The Bornean orangutans had all been in captivity before their rescue. They include Nenuah, a 19-year-old female who had been repatriated from Thailand, according to the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation (BOSF).

There are only about 100,000 Bornean orangutans left in the wild, according to the World Wildlife Fund, because more than half the population has been depleted over the past 60 years.

3e3f61b534d5c1bf000054d780e33a853237.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=a8402b5805e2a8a3f0ad2c17befa363c

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/feb/23/ten-rescued-orangutans-returned-to-the-wild-in-indonesia

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Love 2

dit

This is beautiful. I hope of course that they are in a protected part of the forest though so that they are not killed by having forests destroyed for palm oil farms. I hope they thrive in the wild where they belong:diane: 

Kadikaado

Sometimes I wonder if it's ethical releasing these animals back in the nature after living a life of comfort in human facilities.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

Ricksies

This is wonderful. I hope they enjoy their new home :flutter:

Fresco

:yennefer: :flop: The little one on the rope with it's hair sticking straight out. :ally: