Emma

Featured Posts

*Today, we're making this icon:

dRel2.png

What you need (Textures):

1 2 3 4

THE BASE!

ONE.

Okay, so first off, I made a 100x100 canvas. I took my model and resized him/her so that they would cover the entire canvas. Specifically, I have parts of her face/hair off to the left.

PhHWV.png

TWO.

I took the first texture (labeled as "1" and positioned it so that it was covering the right-half side of my canvas. My result is below:

a5wAv.png

THREE.

I took the second texture (once again, labeled as "2") and Inverted it (Adjustments > Invert). Then, I set it to Screen and erased everything on the left side of the canvas so that it was just covering the texture that you placed in the last step.

6z1yz.png

FOUR.

I took the third texture and once again, simply set it to Screen. You should now have something like this:

tCg8X.png

FIVE.

I took the original picture of Olivia that I used and resized her so that it was on top (but not completely covering) the previous texture. I placed her on the left side.

6bLUj.png

SIX.

I now wrote Olivia's initials (in this case, "O.W.", ) in the font Lassigue. I then duplicated both text layers, and then turned off each duplicate. This is because I edited these layers with a motion blur, and I wanted to have the original as a precaution because once you add a filter to a text layer you cannot edit their size or color.

Now that I've placed my text where I've liked, I applied a motion blur to both layers with a distance of five.

noWI2.png

Now all that's left is the..

COLORING!

1. Make a new color balance layer with the following settings:

Midtones: 22/-50/-30

Shadows: 0/10/10

2. Make a new transparent to white gradient map and set it to 38%.

3. Make a new Selective Color layer and put in the following:

Reds: -40/-10/100/0

Neutrals: 30/5/20/0

4. Make a black to white Gradient Fill (not to be confused with the Gradient Map!) and set it to Soft Light, 100%.

5. Make a new Curves layer in the RGB window. Pick a random point anywhere, and edit it with the following:

Output: 143

Input: 110

Repeat this step with the following numbers:

Output: 204

Input: 179

6. Make a new Brightness/Contrast layer with the following:

Brightness: -5

Contrast: 23

7. Make yet another Color Balance layer with these settings:

Midtones: 30/-5/-10

Shadows: 10/-10/-10

8. Lastly, make a Selective Coloring layer with these values:

Reds: 50/0/50/0

Yellows: -50/30/50/0

Neutrals: 30/10/10/-10

THE LAST STEP!

Take the last texture, place it on top of your layers, and set it to Overlay, 100%.

*AND YOU'RE DONE! :party: Please post results!

Mine

JGzfU.png

5Qneg.png [it didn't turn out to be okay :noparty: ]

Aww, I love the first one!

I think it works better if you use an image of someone standing vertically rather than it being square-shaped.

Aww, I love the first one!

I think it works better if you use an image of someone standing vertically rather than it being square-shaped.

I think, Thanks again for the tutorial <3

Archived