💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Tanden on the Ropes as Senate Moderates Close Ranks

JRCF29

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) made waves on Friday, signalling that he will vote against confirming Neera Tanden, President Biden's nominee to lead the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). 

With the announcement, Manchin becomes the first Democrat to speak out against the nomination—and in a 50-50 Senate, that could be its death knell. 

Since her nomination was announced, Tanden has drawn fire from conservatives on the Hill, who have slammed her politically-charged (and sometimes personal) tweets, fired off during her years-long stint as the head of liberal advocacy group the Center for American Progress. Republican Senators from Ted Cruz of Texas to Susan Collins of Maine were blasted in the since-deleted posts, but the most drama during Tanden's confirmation hearings came when she was confronted about her attacks on Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) by Sen. John N. Kennedy (R-La.).

"You called Senator Sanders everything but an ignorant ****!," he exclaimed.

Tanden apologized repeatedly throughout the hearings for her tweets, and also denied that she deleted them to improve chances of her nomination and then confirmation to OMB. 

Now that Manchin has come out against her confirmation, Tanden will need at least one vote from a GOP senator; whether she can get it is less clear, as Collins and Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah)—frequent aisle crossers—have both made public their plans to vote "no."

If her nomination is pulled, or fails on the floor, it would mark the first such episode of the Biden era.

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 5

Gagaloo911

It's what she deserves, this neoliberal corporate hack shouldn't be anywhere near the role she's trying to get confirmed for.

Shame on Biden for even considering her.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

StarstruckIllusion

This has been the funniest mess ever. Joe Manchin bad but thank god he’s stopping her up. Even tho his reasoning is garbage, Neera Tanden is literally satan.

Him Undecided on Deb Haaland tho? See this is where he gets back on streak to piss me off. He’s the most pro fossil fuel Dem and is way to the right even compared to Biden on the environment. 

Anyway, roll out Gene Sperling please!

• Like 7

Lion Heart

Good. She's a terrible choice for any position. 

• Like 2

JRCF29

UPDATE: 

Sens. Grassley (Iowa), Portman (Ohio) and Toomey (Pa.) are confirmed No votes. 

Sen. Murkowski (Alaska) is undecided, though recently learned Tanden had targeted her on Twitter too (Source)

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

StarstruckIllusion
5 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

UPDATE: 

Sens. Grassley (Iowa), Portman (Ohio) and Toomey (Pa.) are confirmed No votes. 

Sen. Murkowski (Alaska) is undecided, though recently learned Tanden had targeted her on Twitter too (Source)

Karma. Karma for appropriating progressiveness in pursuit to destroy the left. Plus a whole bunch of other stuff too. Loving the **** outta this song 🎶 

+ Deb Haaland’s passed Joe Manchin’s reign of terror too ❤️

• Like 2

JRCF29

UPDATE 2: 

Another day in D.C has now gone by, with no Tanden news. The White House refuses to pull her, but depending on what Sinema and Murkowski do over the weekend, they might have to. 

If you're a Tanden stan, go ahead and call their offices, because rumor is she needs all the help she can get

@StarstruckIllusion @Lion Heart @Gagaloo911

Edited by JRCF29
Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Like 1

StarstruckIllusion
50 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

UPDATE 2: 

Another day in D.C has now gone by, with no Tanden news. The White House refuses to pull her, but depending on what Sinema and Murkowski do over the weekend, they might have to. 

If you're a Tanden stan, go ahead and call their offices, because rumor is she needs all the help she can get

Reading the term “Tanden stan” physically upset my stomach. (no offence to you lol)

This is so embarrassing for Biden. Imagine fighting over Neera ****ing Tanden more than the minimum wage hike... 

Neera Tanden continues to be a horrible person + barely qualified for this pick. 

Edited by StarstruckIllusion
  • Thanks 1

Lion Heart
1 hour ago, JRCF29 said:

UPDATE 2: 

Why would Sinema support her :sweat:

She needs to just say no and finish this already. I dont think Tanden has a chance anyway.

JRCF29
1 hour ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Reading the term “Tanden stan” physically upset my stomach. (no offence to you lol)

Joe Biden is the biggest Tanden stan around. Let's not forget he's friends with the Clintons and the Clintons are friends with Tanden

Don't Call Me Gaga

Lion Heart

:fail: 

They are fighting harder for Tanden than for the $15 min wage.

• Thanks 1

JRCF29
1 minute ago, Lion Heart said:

:fail: 

They are fighting harder for Tanden than for the $15 min wage.

Tanden's nomination is within the rules tho:pray:

Don't Call Me Gaga

President Biden

On 2/23/2021 at 8:16 PM, StarstruckIllusion said:

He’s the most pro fossil fuel Dem and is way to the right even compared to Biden on the environment. 

I mean he’s literally a Senator of WEST VIRGINIA (+30 Trump). What do you expect? He does what he needs to do to win in a conservative state.

I got drunk

JRCF29
Just now, President Biden said:

I mean he’s literally a Senator of WEST VIRGINIA (+30 Trump). What do you expect? He does what he needs to do to win in a conservative state.

Users will be calling for Paula Jean Swearengin to run against him in 24, like she didn't just get crushed

Don't Call Me Gaga