🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

Sign in to follow this  
society

Mount Etna illuminates night sky with 1,500-metre lava fountain

FfFfFfFF

5447.jpg?width=1300&quality=85&auto=form

Mount Etna’s spectacular eruptions reached a peak on Monday when the volcano’s lava fountains soared to 1,500 metres – a display described by one expert as “one of the most striking in the last few decades”.

Europe’s most active volcano has been on explosive form in recent weeks, spewing incandescent magma and a copious shower of ash, reaching as far as Catania.

“Etna is putting on a show these days,” said Marco Neri, an expert in volcanology and a member of INGV, the Italian national institute for geophysics and volcanology.

“This is certainly the strongest explosion in the southern crater that was discovered in 1971. We have not seen such high explosions for years but at the moment there is no risk to the population, apart from the smoke that can create breathing problems for a few hours, and the ash that covers buildings and streets.”

6000.jpg?width=1300&quality=85&auto=form5720.jpg?width=940&quality=85&auto=forma

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/23/mount-etna-lava-fountain-explosion-volcano-europe-active

Edited by FfFfFfFF
►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 4

River

f-cking amazing :firega:

I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 2

TheSlash

As life threatening as it is for us, this looks absolutely stunning :flutter: . I said it once and I'll say it again: Nature doesn't need us :pray: 

An original mess since 1995

Diamond Heart

Stunning tbh, I loooovve the smoke plume picture 

But baby, I just need one good one Tuesday