💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
society

Disease transmitted by mosquitoes in inner Melbourne suburbs

Cases of the flesh-eating Buruli ulcer have been discovered in the Melbourne suburbs of Essendon, Moonee Ponds and Brunswick West, Victoria's Department of Health has said — the first time a non-coastal area has been identified as a potential area of risk.

'It is a flesh-eating disease but it's a very slowly moving one, one we can treat and if we detect it early then it's not a serious infection' said Tim Stinear from the Doherty Institute

The skin infection caused by the bacterium mycobacterium ulcerans can initially be mistaken for an insect bite. Over a period of months it can progress to potentially destructive skin lesions known as Buruli, ulcers.  While the condition is not lethal, it can leave people maimed or scarred for life.

Buruli ulcer is understood to be transmitted by mosquitoes and has a median incubation period of four to five months. Preventative measures include avoiding insect bites by using fly screens, insect repellent, wearing long sleeves and trousers when outside.

source source

👻

bionic

Please don’t make this a new global pandemic 

buy bionic

kvnrp

I don't know why GGD has the need to post about every possible outbreak of something in the world :neyde:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Lona Delery

the "discovered" part is so clickbait, it's not like this disease was just discovered... it just happened to occure in Melbourne for the first time :toofunny: can we stop trying to get clicks by scaring people

Edited by Lona Delery
Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Ryusei
5 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

I don't know why GGD has the need to post about every possible outbreak of something in the world :neyde:

the fear-mongering is off the charts. @777777777777777777 just dont post these please thanks. I don't think people need more news of local diseases or whatever they can find it on the news if they want to. We're in a pandemic as is. 

Stan Fujii Kaze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dolce vita

ok so this is terrifying...

blackpink in chromatica

MelbHawker

What the f*ck.. I literally live in these suburbs 

:toofunny:

Wuhan 2.0

• Like 1

alsemanche

It literally says it doesn't spread fast and it's curable so calm down. Not everything turns into a widespread pandemic, we literally have this kind of stuff everywhere in the world all the time

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

What the f*ck.. I literally live in these suburbs 

It's a very slowly moving and can be treat if detected early. 

👻
  • Like 1

G U C C I
32 minutes ago, Gagi said:

Do NOT Google the disease if you’re sensitive 

This literally made me google it :saladga: good lord that was mistake. Those poor people :ohno:

• Thanks 1

Jose P
30 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

They need those hit threads filled with “2020 was the trailer for 2021” panic comments

• LMAO 1

weed
3 minutes ago, G U C C I said:

This literally made me google it :saladga: good lord that was mistake. Those poor people :ohno:

omfg me too, wasn't going to google it until I read that and now I regret it :madge:

Xoxo Adriana

IM FROM ONE OF THESE SUBURBS

looks like I can't wear my h0e outfits + will have 2 wear baggy clothes till the coast is clear

Bikcfk5IQAAXWvb.jpg

Edited by Xoxo Adriana
  • Like 2