🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

lgbt

Increased trans hate crimes in UK after JK Rowling Gate

kukuryku666
1 hour ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

if JK Rowling was the reason many people suddenly clicked and decided to attack trans people, that makes literally no sense. we should be blaming nobody else but the attackers themselves. JK is a piece of sh*t but she's hasn't gone to the extreme to tell people to attack trans people (at least not physically, thank god). in my opinion blaming her for the actions of terrorists - because that's what these people are, is letting these terrorists get away with murder whilst everyone focuses on JK for their actions.

what we can all agree on though is the rise in non-physical anti trans opinions since JK became super vocal. also trans/lgbtq violence as a whole will sadly be expected to rise as its becoming more mainstream/open to society. 

lets just hope things can get better but it unfortunately doesn't look like it will anytime soon.

If someone is promoting transphobia 

They are as guilty as people who are listing to it and then attacking trans people

keep my dolls inside diamond boxes
  • Like 1

RahrahWitch

.... I can't believe this needs to be explained.

If someone with a large audience promotes transphobia then of course followers of theirs that are already Transphobic are going to feel validated and may well act on those feelings in some way. JKR is one of many of these people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

elijahfan
1 hour ago, GagaSine said:

It‘s cute that you‘re willing to extend an excessive amount of grace, benefit of the doubt and forgiveness towards uh rich White women who should know better, I guess but maybe save it for people who are actually maligned and discriminated against. Just a mild suggestion.

So because she's white and rich, she should just go to hell? :triggered:

Chromatican
5 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Did @GagaSine say that though? :triggered:

Runway
28 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Sis when did you become sia and JKR biggest defender? :ladyhaha:

Edited by Runway
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1

elijahfan
1 hour ago, Chromatican said:

Did @GagaSine say that though? :triggered:

Ok, so the title isn't implying JKR is a cause for the recent surge of anti-trans activity and GagaSine didn't try to come for me for defending a rich white woman, I guess I should learn how to read again.

elijahfan
42 minutes ago, Runway said:

Sis when did you become sia and JKR biggest defender? :ladyhaha:

I know, right? :ladyhaha:

I don't really care about Sia personally, but I won't lie, it's true that JKR holds a very special place in my heart, and she is indeed one of my favorite people in the world. I guess I just don't like seeing women being crucified just because they made a mistake at some point. Nobody on Earth is 100% squeaky clean.

I guess for JK, it's still very hard for me to believe there's a single mean bone in her body, so the best I can do is try to understand where she's coming from and hope she's open to a discussion. I mean, there is a social issue regarding trans people in the UK, and JK grew up in that society so I guess it's a matter of unlearning those fears. Even tho I disagree with her views, I'm aware my story isn't the same as hers, and I know wholeheartedly that she's a good person who means well and hopefully she in turn gets where other people are coming from. Backlash aside, I'm sure she wouldn't have said anything if she'd guessed so many people would be hurt.

I'm just trying to see the good in people :yennefer:

Supersonic
3 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Of course, I agree. Like I said previously, I don't think you can change people for the better by repeatedly antagonizing them and refusing to understand where they're coming from. I think I know JK's work enough to know that she's a compassionate woman who can be educated if only people were willing to have the conversation.

I'm gonna ask you: Have you actually read her essay? Because she clearly states that she does not want to be "re-educated by trans activists", aka... not engange in a nunanced ego-free conversation. Like... I get that the Tidal wave of abuse and trashing crashing onto her must hurt, and it does make somebody less willing to even listen to valid, civil & constructive criticism. 

But it's also obvious that she is KNEE-DEEP entangled in anti-trans conspiracy theories, the only "gender-critical" women she mentiones by name in her essay are Maya Forstater (the nutjob that didn't get her contract at her job extended because she shared some weird haiku that compares addressing transgender people with their proper pronouns to consuming date rape drugs) and the "highly sympathetic" Magdalen Burns, who was known to specifically seek out Transgender women on Twitter to hurl unprovoked verbal abuse at them. 

I quote Ms. Burns talking to a transgender woman on Twitter:

"You are f*cking blackface actors. You're men who get sexual kicks from being treated like women. F*ck you and your f*cking perversions. Our oppresion isn't a fetish you pathetic, sick, f*ck."

Does that seem "highly sympathetic" towards trans people to you?

She has promoted a webshop on her Twitter that makes a "This witch doesn't burn" t-shirt, in reference to "trans activists witchhunting" her. The same shop also sells enamel pins with the trans flag that say "SORRY ABOUT YOUR P*NIS BRO", "F*CK YOUR PRONOUNS", "TRANSMEN ARE MY SISTERS",  and a poster that says "Repeat after us. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Transwomen are women."

Maybe she does have spark of wonder in her, she wrote Azakaban after all, but I find it hard to believe that somebody who is radicalized by such a degree already would be willing to engage.

The reality is: JK Rowling is probably still the most influential author alive on the entire world (along with Stephen King). And if one of the most influential authors of all time, actually one of the most influential people ALIVE right now period, publically aligns themselves with an anti-equality movement, and hate crimes against the publically disparaged group increase on total... it would actually be irresponsible to not mention said extremely powerful person trying to sway public discourse.

Edited by Supersonic
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Enigma
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

I don't really care about Sia personally, but I won't lie, it's true that JKR holds a very special place in my heart, and she is indeed one of my favorite people in the world. I guess I just don't like seeing women being crucified just because they made a mistake at some point. Nobody on Earth is 100% squeaky clean.

I don't think I could come up with a shitter take if I tried. The **** are you on.

The last thing we need is people who aren't even targeted by her bullshit to come out and defend her because they're fans and their biased admiration won't let them see the bad in people.

This witch is a **** and it's not your place to say otherwise. Take several seats :madge:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

elijahfan
1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

I'm gonna ask you: Have you actually read her essay? Because she clearly states that she does not want to be "re-educated by trans activists", aka... not engange in a nunanced ego-free conversation. Like... I get that the Tidal wave of abuse and trashing crashing onto her must hurt, and it does make somebody less willing to even listen to valid, civil & constructive criticism. 

But it's also obvious that she is KNEE-DEEP entangled in anti-trans conspiracy theories, the only "gender-critical" women she mentiones by name in her essay are Maya Forstater (the nutjob that didn't get her contract at her job extended because she shared some weird haiku that compares addressing transgender people with their proper pronouns to consuming date rape drugs) and the "highly sympathetic" Magdalen Burns, who was known to specifically seek out Transgender women on Twitter to hurl unprovoked verbal abuse at them. 

I quote Ms. Burns talking to a transgender woman on Twitter:

"You are f*cking blackface actors. You're men who get sexual kicks from being treated like women. F*ck you and your f*cking perversions. Our oppresion isn't a fetish you pathetic, sick, f*ck."

Does that seem "highly sympathetic" towards trans people to you?

She has promoted a webshop on her Twitter that makes a "This witch doesn't burn" t-shirt, in reference to "trans activists witchhunting" her. The same shop also sells enamel pins with the trans flag that say "SORRY ABOUT YOUR P*NIS BRO", "F*CK YOUR PRONOUNS", "TRANSMEN ARE MY SISTERS",  and a poster that says "Repeat after us. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Transwomen are women."

Maybe she does have spark of wonder in her, she wrote Azakaban after all, but I find it hard to believe that somebody who is radicalized by such a degree already would be willing to engage.

The reality is: JK Rowling is probably still the most influential author alive on the entire world (along with Stephen King). And if one of the most influential authors of all time, actually one of the most influential people ALIVE right now period, publically aligns themselves with an anti-equality movement, and hate crimes against the publically disparaged group increase on total... it would actually be irresponsible to not mention said extremely powerful person trying to sway public discourse.

I mean, I know and agree with everything you say... I'm just hopeful she'll redeem herself at some point, as I'm convinced she has it in her to understand where other people are coming from. But yeah, this whole situation sure has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me :messga:

elijahfan
8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I don't think I could come up with a shitter take if I tried. The **** are you on.

The last thing we need is people who aren't even targeted by her bullshit to come out and defend her because they're fans and their biased admiration won't let them see the bad in people.

This witch is a **** and it's not your place to say otherwise. Take several seats :madge:

And it's not your place to make assumptions about me and whether I'm targeted by her bullshit or not.

God, get over yourself :triggered:

• LMAO 2

JusKeepBreathin

One person single handley is to blame for all trans hate and crime.  Her statements are a f_cking mess, but...

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Xoxo Adriana
6 hours ago, kukuryku666 said:

If someone is promoting transphobia 

They are as guilty as people who are listing to it and then attacking trans people

you're correct

in this situation though its not that simple, it promotes transphobic opinions for sure. however people who go as far to attack trans people for who we are, are in fact accountable for their own actions. if someone attacks a trans person or even a lgbtq+ person, that tells me they didn't need one bitch w a transphobic opinion to do so. 

they're unstable, and clearly they've had those violent thoughts way before JK became public about them. we could say JK is responsible for changing opinions against trans people, however outright blaming her for violence against trans people is pure delusion. lets instead hold the terrorists themselves accountable for what they did, and hold JK accountable for what she's done.

or even better, feed less attention to her because clearly she's never gonna change and the more attention we keep giving her the more it'll make her keep going.

Edited by Xoxo Adriana

Jill
3 hours ago, elijahfan said:

And it's not your place to make assumptions about me and whether I'm targeted by her bullshit or not.

God, get over yourself :triggered:

It's bad if you're not targeted, it is actually worse if you're targeted. If you're a cis person reading JK's comments and going "yes, that's problematic, but I believe she's capable of redeeming herself", that's what I call delusion. If, on the contrary, you're trans and you're saying "yeah, this is problematic, but I nevertheless believe in her being able to see reason", that's not only delusion sis, that's actually an opinion that enters into DIRECT conflict with your entire identity and world view. Wtf?

Love Story at midnight 💛💛
  • Thanks 1