🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

lgbt

Increased trans hate crimes in UK after JK Rowling Gate

Chromatican
Just now, elijahfan said:

You guys are playing on words... The title is obviously implying JK contributed to this hate climate. And she might have tbh: I still don't think she meant anyone any harm, but her opinion was probably a little too subtle for most to fully grasp, especially the media who loves to over-simplify everything, so suddenly it became Ok in the UK to publicly trash trans people. If anything, I'd say the media is more responsible than JK... But the truth is: there's a social problem in the UK regarding trans issues, and there has been for years. I'd say JK is more a consequence of that than a cause. But hey, we all love a famous scapegoat.

The thread title is pointing out a fact, like JK did when she said sex was real. Facts are neutral, you guys are the ones connecting the dots and saying we are scapegoating.

LittleMonster20

Transphobia is just men that are insecure in their sexuality and ugly old women being pissed that someone who was born as a male makes a prettier and more sexually desired woman. Of course they are loud and violent.

I’m trans and thankfully I live somewhere where people are surprisingly accepting of trans people but regardless of where you are from or who you are if you are trans please take care. These people are pretty ruthless in their hatred and their delusion of thinking being transgender is a ‘choice’ or even worse ‘a way to get into opposite sex spaces to molest them’ when it’s literally been proven multiple times that there is a biological basis for being transgender called gender incongruence.

Trans women are women and trans men are men. End of story.

Edited by LittleMonster20
Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are

bionic
  • JKR makes transphobic comments
  • Media reports on JKR's transphobic comments
  • People who share JKR's transphobic views see her comments in the media, feel emboldened
  • Hate crimes occur
buy bionic
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

elijahfan
3 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

The thread title is pointing out a fact, like JK did when she said sex was real. Facts are neutral, you guys are the ones connecting the dots and saying we are scapegoating.

So they could have chosen any event in 2020 to put context into this - and yet, they chose JK gate. And you want to convince us all that it's an innocent choice?

I-have-to-laugh-gaga-gif.gif

alsemanche
7 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I still don't think she meant anyone any harm, but her opinion was probably a little too subtle for most to fully grasp, especially the media who loves to over-simplify everything

Here we go with the intellectual elitism again. Her "opinion" was made repeatedly clear with each time she spoke about it. It wasn't as "subtle" as people make it to be, and it was definitely transphobic. And shifting the blame to the media is nonsensical. Of course the media is sh!t, but that doesn't make it more accountable than Rowling who initially spewed her transphobic "opinion".

Edited by alsemanche
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agunimon
25 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

200.gif

Report any transphobes that pop in here to troll! Tag me in the report if it's urgent

I read this and then saw the urgency in your avatar and laughed.

ezgif-6-4630101c929d.thumb.gif.97fc6857a

oh lawd he comin

GagaSine
5 minutes ago, bionic said:
  • JKR makes transphobic comments
  • Media reports on JKR's transphobic comments
  • People who share JKR's transphobic views see her comments in the media, feel emboldened
  • Hate crimes occur

Nooo JKR is a sweet innocent who just thinks trans people are irreversibly maimed the second they take a hormone pill or injection and are stealing womanhood from the all important uterus bearers :fatcat: that is a harmless opinion that totally isn’t rooted in deeply held transmisogyny that every bigot holds close to their heart like a bible /s

ppl truly have no capacity for reading between the lines, the reason trans people reacted so strongly to her various tweets and statements because they recognized it from all the transphobia 101 that they’ve experienced for years, but people will still shrug their shoulders and insist JKR is harmless or stating an innocuous opinion 

anyway i’m exiting this thread for my own mental well being lol

Edited by GagaSine
  • Like 7

Chromatican
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

So they could have chosen any event in 2020 to put context into this - and yet, they chose JK gate. And you want to convince us all that it's an innocent choice?

I-have-to-laugh-gaga-gif.gif

Just like JK repeating transphobic talking points was just stating her opinion and the people calling her transphobic were the ones adding context.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

Here we go with the intellectual elitism again. Her "opinion" was made repeatedly clear with each time she spoke about it. It wasn't as "subtle" as people make it to be, and it was definitely transphobic. 

She wrote a 3,600-word long essay to explain her views, so obviously it's a bit more complex than that. Not that most of her attackers bothered reading it.

RAMROD

Hate it that it had to be a woman who amalgamate this. But fck, this is super aggravating and sad.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 🏳️‍🌈 Wiccan ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 Hulkling 🏳️‍🌈 Forever 🏳️‍🌈

Chromatican
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

She wrote a 3,600-word long essay to explain her views, so obviously it's a bit more complex than that. Not that most of her attackers bothered reading it.

I guess if you explain your bigoted thoughts with a long-winded essay it makes it nuanced and okay, then?

• Like 6

elijahfan
1 minute ago, Chromatican said:

Just like JK repeating transphobic talking points was just stating her opinion and the people calling her transphobic were the ones adding context.

I don't really get what point you're trying to make, but OK.

elijahfan
Just now, Chromatican said:

I guess if you explain your bigoted thoughts with a long-winded essay it makes it nuanced and okay, then?

Well read it and you'll tell me.

Chromatican
Just now, elijahfan said:

I don't really get what point you're trying to make, but OK.

The point I'm making is that when JK started being transphobic a lot of people said we were spinning narratives and overreacting, and in this thread you guys who support JK seem to be doing just that, claiming that the op is blaming JK directly when he never said that, he is just bringing up a correlated point to that correlated with an increase in violence.