Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor’s re-recordings elegible for Grammys

Spock

Featured Posts

FATCAT
5 minutes ago, grigioboi said:

Oddly that’s the one I’m the most excited for, along with 1989. But somehow, I fear she won’t re-record it as it was released in 2017, maybe she’ll be like “well it’s only been 3 years since this one no need to redo it.” 

She's re-recording them so that her old manager doesn't get anymore coin for them, so she'll definitely redo anything she doesn't have the master for.

Purr more, hiss less.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

There's no way her or her team would flood the submissions with old work, they'll definitely be focusing on new work

Exactly. And can you imagine the lashings the academy is gonna get for rewarding the same material twice rather than focusing on lesser known artists :haroon:

Pop Music
29 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

Red getting the AOTY it deserved eyyy :bradley:

exactly

and the 10 minute All Too Well will be the crowning jewel on this incredible re recordings masterpiece era I know it will be  

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Agunimon
16 minutes ago, grigioboi said:

Oddly that’s the one I’m the most excited for, along with 1989. But somehow, I fear she won’t re-record it as it was released in 2017, maybe she’ll be like “well it’s only been 3 years since this one no need to redo it.” 

That’s not odd. Reputation is one of the best pop albums released. 

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Adarsh said:

Exactly. And can you imagine the lashings the academy is gonna get for rewarding the same material twice rather than focusing lesser known artists :haroon:

Not to mention, I'm sure the academy might get pissed off with re-submissions like that. I don't know the politics of it, but I'm sure they wouldn't be happy haha

Purr more, hiss less.

Thomas P
32 minutes ago, grigioboi said:

She's currently not allowed to legally, but knowing Taylor, the SECOND she can, she will rerecord Rep. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

MelbHawker

If her re-recordings are nominated when  albums like ‘After Hours’ are snubbed. Nail in the coffin for them. 
Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

Anderson123
27 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

There's no way her or her team would flood the submissions with old work, they'll definitely be focusing on new work

I can see her submitting the re-recordings during the years she's not releasing new music. Lol omg can you imagine if every year from 2020 til 2030 there's always a Taylor Swift album for Album of the Year ?

Thomas P
31 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

If Love Story takes off somehow, I see her submitting it for everything (especially since it didn't get nominated for anything back in the day, even though it's one of her biggest hits and one of her most acclaimed songs). 

She'll definitely submit everything she can possible submit for the country categories as well. 

I doubt she'll get nominated, but with the grammys, anything is possible so who knows.

edengowon
4 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I can see her submitting the re-recordings during the years she's not releasing new music. Lol omg can you imagine if every year from 2020 til 2030 there's always a Taylor Swift album for Album of the Year ?

i don't think it'd take that long. iirc she's releasing all the re-recordings this/next year

the artist formerly known as melancholia

9 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

If Love Story takes off somehow, I see her submitting it for everything (especially since it didn't get nominated for anything back in the day, even though it's one of her biggest hits and one of her most acclaimed songs). 

She'll definitely submit everything she can possible submit for the country categories as well. 

I doubt she'll get nominated, but with the grammys, anything is possible so who knows.

But per the rules she can’t sunnita Love Story :selena: According to the Recording Academy, the only individual songs that are eligible for nominations are the new ones from the vault. Older songs cannot be nominated, only the album 

who will love me when the night is over

Thomas P
9 minutes ago, Spock said:

But per the rules she can’t sunnita Love Story :selena: According to the Recording Academy, the only individual songs that are eligible for nominations are the new ones from the vault. Older songs cannot be nominated, only the album 

oh ****, i figured it was like with fleetwood mac back in the 90s when they got a ROTY nom (and maybe win) for The Chain live version. 

Archived