Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor announces “Love Story“ re-recorded + Fearless with 26 tracks

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

It sounds identical to the original, the mind of a mastermind :giveup:

4 hours ago, Gagaloo911 said:

Can she go away for a year or something :saladga:

Other than maybe her songwriting skills, she's truly the definition of overrated, mediocre white girl getting all the praise for her mediocrity.

I love how tasteless people like this always like to point out that she’s white and use that as an insult :rip: 

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Music

I adore the new version 

there are VERY subtle changes but it's mainly the same and the lyric video made me tear up 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Feels like SUCH a missed opportunity to do something newer and more interesting, it's fine but only because barely anything changed. Good for her for reclaiming her masters, but other than that this is so :lana:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Better Day
16 minutes ago, gag said:

Feels like SUCH a missed opportunity to do something newer and more interesting, it's fine but only because barely anything changed. Good for her for reclaiming her masters, but other than that this is so :lana:

Why would she massively change a well love and well known song? 

Together You And I!

17 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Why would she massively change a well love and well known song? 

Why not? The original version already exists. It would've been fun to see what sort of artistic growth she's had over 15 years in the music industry. Like I get that image and profits are the priority for these re-recordings, still it would've been fire if Love Story got a 2021 revamp.

The synthpop version of Love Story she played at the 1989 Tour is one of my favourite things she's done.

3 minutes ago, gag said:

Why not? The original version already exists. It would've been fun to see what sort of artistic growth she's had over 15 years in the music industry. Like I get that image and profits are the priority for these re-recordings, still it would've been fire if Love Story got a 2021 revamp.

But the point of these re-recordings is for them to sound as closely as possible to the originals, so that they can be synched instead of the originals and tank Scooter’s investment 

That’s what she set out to do, and you can see Taylor’s fantastic artistic growth with Folklore and Evermore so imo a catalogue revamp is not needed :shrug: 

who will love me when the night is over

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

But the point of these re-recordings is for them to sound as closely as possible to the originals, so that they can be synched instead of the originals and tank Scooter’s investment 

That’s what she set out to do, and you can see Taylor’s fantastic artistic growth with Folklore and Evermore so imo a catalogue revamp is not needed :shrug: 

Yeah I know exactly what she set out to do.

Still think it would've been cool to hear something less derivative of the original. :laughga:

Glamourpuss
46 minutes ago, gag said:

She already did something new and interesting with her 2 albums last year. I, for one am so excited because some of her older songs are hard to listen to because her voice sounds so young. I think it will be really cool to hear her more grown up voice on the songs she wrote when she was younger. Also, I just remembered she's giving us some extra songs that she created from that time frame so there will be something new as well. 

Thomas P
19 minutes ago, gag said:

The synthpop version of Love Story she played at the 1989 Tour is one of my favourite things she's done.

I do agree with this. I NEED this in my life. I wish she would’ve released a live album or something for it. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

FentyGa
12 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I do agree with this. I NEED this in my life. I wish she would’ve released a live album or something for it. 

she’ll probably put it on the 1989 re-release tbh

Better Day
33 minutes ago, gag said:

She’s re-recording it to own it, she could do a remix but these re-recording are staying as close as the original as possible. 

Together You And I!

Karen Smith

This is shame but I never heard original version, this is the first time when I heard this song actually and it's nice but it has so teenage vibes

Thomas P

This song is arguably THE song of my childhood. It was Love Story and Poker Face and nothing else for me for a long time.

I love hearing her matured voice on it.  You were already able to hear noticeable growth between Fearless and Speak Now, so its almost like her vocals caught up with her later discography, which is awesome!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived