đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Born This Way Singles 10th Anniversary

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Doily Skull

I remember waking up before school and hopping on my computer so I could hear it!! Can’t believe it’s been ten years.

~staying stupid through my holy days~

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just A Holy Fool

I was in my 3rd year of university and had an 8am class, but still stayed up to midnight to listen, and kept listening off and on through the night. Didn't get much sleep, but it was so worth it. A literal cultural reset. The LGBTQ2+ community owned the decade, and this song helped usher that sentiment in I think. 

PrincessGUY

I was 15 when the single came out, and I think 16 when the album did I can’t really recall, and in a really dark place. I’ve thought about it quite a bit within the last year, and I really think if she hadn’t released it when she did there’s a good chance I may not be here today. 

the impact this had on me was monumental. It truly was a light in the dark for the kid who cried himself to sleep trying to pray the gay away.

danbekim

Ahhh, 10 years of Born This Way ! How time flies by !

music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga

music video white gloves GIF by Lady Gaga

music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga

What's your favorite memory connected to this iconic gay anthem?

Did you listen to the worldwide premiere on 93.3 FLZ? Comment below !

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!

Nathaniel Arven

first. (I was there 10 years ago). So many memories. 

edit : I remember listening to it and dancing, and the pure joy i felt at this moment... 

papergangstas

Watching the music video for the first time and being blown away:flutter:

One of me is wiser. One of me is stronger. One of me is a fighter, and there's a thousand faces of me, Army of me

13yo me, setting my alarm early so I can listen to the premiere on the radio. I do. I'm gagged. I get on my laptop and find the youtube audio, I'm gagged! constantly checking GGD for updates on the video lol had the audio on repeat, am still heartbroken they deleted/privated it bc it would have 200m views by now. Was constantly checking GGD for updates on the video lol even back then :diane:

danbekim
1 minute ago, weed said:

I can listen to the premiere on the radio.

remember the premiere where they played a 20 minute weird ass music and then started playing LoveGame :triggered: I still have my recording of that premiere

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!

I remember that I was waiting for a bus after school, and I was listening to live radio premiere with LQ headphones, that was best premiere in my life. Song was perfect since first listening :enigma: :bradley: :saladga: 

My name isn't Alice

10 minutes ago, danbekim said:

remember the premiere where they played a 20 minute weird ass music and then started playing LoveGame :triggered: I still have my recording of that premiere

I don't remember that :air: I think it was Ryan Seacrest or smth playing it

SharGaga

OMG Can't believe I became a stan almost 10 years ago now when I saw Gaga perform TEOG on American Idol in May of 2011. I've been following her every day since then and on GGD and officially became a member in 2012. Time flies! She has given us so much and keeps on giving!

I just realized that I am LM for so long :bradley: and I am straight :huntyga: what is wrong with me :poot:

My name isn't Alice

robboadam

God, I remember this all so vividly.

I was 17 and had told the first person in my life I was gay about a few months before. It was such a liberating song to listen to - I ended up singing it in front of the whole school......there’s even a YouTube video of it!

NewUsername

People talk to easily about 'cultural resets', but this was a cultural reset! Whew!

Such an amazing song and message, it's impact is undeniable.

I wouldn’t have been alive, typing this comment right now if it wasn’t for this song. I’ll forever be indebted to Gaga for that :)

Archived