šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

BTWF's Impact Report proves monsters wrong

Jill

Featured Posts

I remember reading a thread a few months ago questioning the purpose of the Born This Way Foundation, mainly due to Gaga's involvement in it and what I think is a growing resentment towards the idea of Gaga spending time with the foundation instead of making new music, and I know, this may sound ridiculous, but the monsters who question the BTWF's goals and overall validity as more than an organization made to "pay less taxes" are always the same who complaing about Gaga being lazy or not doing as much as they want her to. In this thread about the BTWF, I also remember seeing people basing their claims on the BTWF being a virtual scam on the fact that they didn't know what was the foundation doing with all of its earnings and donations. So, since Gaga retweeted an article on the Channel Kindness website pointing out the things the foundation did throughout last year, I thought it would be useful to share it here as a way to shut up people who doubt this really selfless reflection of Gaga's kind personality.

Read the BTWF's Impact Report here:Ā https://bornthisway.foundation/ourimpact/

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definitely not one of those monsters, but if I'm honest, on paper, the foundation doesn't seem toĀ doĀ a lot with itself.
At least not hands-on...Ā 

It does make you wonder what impact they actually have, and a lot of it is is very US-based.

Thank you for making this thread. And I agree with you, itā€™s always the same people causing trouble. The fact that Cynthia has been appointed as aĀ mental health ambassador by theĀ UN is enough to prove BTWFā€™s impact. A couple of jobless stans canā€™t change thatĀ :bon:

Just now, Rio said:

a lot of it is is very US-based.

You can't act as a non-profit without being an actual non-profit and since BTWF is only one in the US, that is not surprising is it

1 minute ago, Rio said:

I'm definitely not one of those monsters, but if I'm honest, on paper, the foundation doesn't seem toĀ doĀ a lot with itself.

What do you define as "a lot" then? They did all that while a global pandemic didn't let anyone leave their houses :awkney:Ā 

Runway
2 minutes ago, Jill said:

What do you define as "a lot" then? They did all that while a global pandemic didn't let anyone leave their houses :awkney:Ā 

But ā€œdua lipa filmed 700 music videos, performed 70 times and had an online concert!!ā€

Runway
6 minutes ago, Rio said:

It does make you wonder what impact they actually have, and a lot of it is is very US-based.

Girl you attacked cardi b for wearing ā€œwhite people hairā€ = aka a blondeĀ wig, and compared it to whites wearing dreadlocks. You are in no position to question ****

5 minutes ago, Jill said:

Their work seems very awareness-based, campaign-basedĀ and conference-based.Ā It's all aboutĀ education, but there isn't many community workshops or whatever going on.Ā There's not a lot of hands-on work going on, and how much impact do local campaigns and online pledges really have, in the real world. Yeah, they did that during a pandemic, but that's not the point.
I'm just trying to be realistic.Ā I'm definitely not hating on it, I've donated to them a few times and opened birthday fundraisers on Facebook a few times in the past, but I do wonder whether my money might be more effective elsewhere.

Summerboi14

I think most foundations from singers and actors do something good but they don't make a big noise about it. It would make a bad light on them if they would do good things and always put their name on it so people can see that they do something. Look at Elon Musk, we know what he did and does but it looks selfish now when his name is on everything and everywhere and I think that's not what foundations are made for. They are there to help people.

1 minute ago, Rio said:

Their work seems very awareness-based, campaign-basedĀ and conference-based.Ā It's all aboutĀ education, but there isn't many community workshops or whatever going on.Ā There's not a lot of hands-on work going on, and how much impact do local campaigns and online pledges really have, in the real world.Ā 
I'm just trying to be realistic.Ā I'm definitely not hating on it, I've donated to them a few times and opened birthday fundraisers on Facebook a few times in the past, but I do wonder whether my money might be more effective elsewhere.

They do what they say they do, and as to workshops I know they organize them as I like to check on their social once in a while, but then again, 2020 wasn't a good year so...

4 minutes ago, Runway said:

Girl you attacked cardi b for wearing ā€œwhite people hairā€ = aka a blondeĀ wig, and compared it to whites wearing dreadlocks. You are in no position to question ****

I can question all I like baby, this is a free platform.Ā 
Ā 

All I was calling out was the double-standards in society, especially in the beauty industry, and I champion the thought that people should be embracing each other's culture, not attacking one or the other for what they wear on their head. How was that so bad? Is my little sister a cultural appropriatorĀ when she got cornrow braids two years ago? That would be a shame.

1 minute ago, Jill said:

They do what they say they do, and as to workshops I know they organize them as I like to check on their social once in a while, but then again, 2020 wasn't a good year so...

True x

Runway
Just now, Rio said:

I can question all I like baby, this is a free platform.Ā 
Ā 

All I was calling for was the double-standards in society, especially in the beauty industry, and I champion the thought that people should be embracing each other's culture, not attacking one or the other what they wear. How was so bad? Is my little sister a cultural appropriatorĀ when she got cornrow braids two years ago? That would be a shame.

Just say you are a racist and leave it at that

2 minutes ago, Runway said:

Just say you are a racist and leave it at that

Racist yet I come from a North African family and have black friends who have agreed with me on the point in the past.
Ā 

You're worse for calling me a racist, that's utterly disgusting. You're in the wrong here, sorry, that's not fair. Don't brand someone a racist for having a different view to you.

Runway
Just now, Rio said:

and has black friends who'd likely agree with me.Ā 

That is "racist 101"Ā :lmao:

Archived