other

Mixed Reviews for The Weeknd’s Halftime Show

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon

i for one actually loved it. sure, there was a wow moment missing (waka waka last year, bad romance at gaga's, firework at katy's), but overall i actually really liked it. it really represented his music in the best way visually. although i mean, he's an alternative r&b singer, not a main pop girl, so he was never going to be vogueing around the stage with sparky tiddies.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

1 minute ago, dynamite said:

I liked it a lot, I just wish it didn't sound like he left his microphone in the toilet :neyde:

maybe he really did:emma:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Big Reputation

I loved it, it was my favourite halftime show

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

It was not the best performance vocally ngl but Blinding Lights is really one of the best songs of all time. It'll carry him to the #1 nonetheless.

ConnorFilm

It was good. Better than JT and Maroon 5, not quite as exciting as JLO/Shakira and obviously not a masterclass performance aka Gaga.

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

CommonWhiteGirl

I think he was his own worst enemy in this case. In terms of male-lead performances, it was good. I think people just expected something more cause the standard for him was much higher compared to JT and Maroon 5. By all means the performance wasn't bad at all, his reputation just overshadowed his stadium performing abilities. 

gumzy3000

I thought overall it was good but it did drag out in some parts. I Can't Feel My Face, I feel it Coming and especially Blinding Lights were absolute standouts. I think what he did with Blinding Lights was creative, chaotic and surreal. It just worked for me personally, I liked it a lot. I do think he could have done more in terms of the lighting though. I would have loved to see like red lasers shooting everywhere or something like that. 

trolly troll troll

It was definitely better than Justin Timberlake and Maroon 5. Of course no one can touch Michael and Prince. But I’m sure his music is gonna skyrocket since he’s really popular with the GP :diane:

Justin Drew Bieber
4 minutes ago, Helix said:

Like what did he even spend 7M$ on for this? 

Suits :gayhat:

Archived