Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
event

Super Bowl LV Halftime Show: The Weeknd

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Agunimon
1 minute ago, pachinko said:

How in the world did you rank The Weeknd before Shakira and JLO? 

Different people look for different things in live performances. I liked his visuals and vocals. I don't care too much about dancing.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teletubby
1 minute ago, pachinko said:

How in the world did you rank The Weeknd before Shakira and JLO? 

he sang live:trollga:

i ❤️

Teletubby
Just now, pachinko said:

But entertainment value was higher with Shakira and JLO.

lady-gaga-no.gif

i ❤️

Cavadour

Boring. But at least in respect of the covid regulations. Mostly.

These masked dancers... a good lesson for the public.

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

That was underwhelming.

I think the stage and set design were interesting but... he lacks stage presence sometimes and he built up a lot of hype around the "storyline" and the production, both which were missing and were lackluster. 

I will say, though, that this was fairly okay for a male performer. Still, the bar is high and Abel wasn't near. Oh well.

Agunimon
7 minutes ago, 777777777777777777 said:

lady-gaga-no.gif

Agreed. I don't understand why people are coming for others for posting their opinions and challenging them as fact. If you liked JLo and Shakira performance more than his and his was less entertaining, great for you.

LavenderLamborghin
2 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

This performance is so important to me. I have been a fan since 2012. I witnessed his rise in popularity and then his push into the mainstream. Abel is one of my favorite artists and 9 years later being here is incredible. 

I'm so happy for you!! It must have been so so so exciting for you to watch! I'm happy you were able to see a fav of yours in one of the brightest spotlights we have. How you loved it :party: i know i did

7 minutes ago, LG666 said:

That was underwhelming.

I think the stage and set design were interesting but... he lacks stage presence sometimes and he built up a lot of hype around the "storyline" and the production, both which were missing and were lackluster. 

I will say, though, that this was fairly okay for a male performer. Still, the bar is high and Abel wasn't near. Oh well.

That's true!!! I completely forgot about the "storyline" thing... I rewatched it like twice and still don't really know what the storyline was... :oprah:

The camera angles, loved it. The bleacher stage, i like the out of the box idea but, it didnt stick with me. The crew/band on the stage should have brighter attires, its hard to notice them. The performance, not so much. The audio, what happened there? The bandaged guys on the field is the wow factor here. I didnt expect for him to fly or something. And i thought it was longer, it felt the same length. But ABEL slayed it, it's just the whole package is not SuperBowl, biggest stage, level. 

Starboy in the entrance is dope! But i needed more of that :bradley:

1 minute ago, LG2008 said:

That's true!!! I completely forgot about the "storyline" thing... I rewatched it like twice and still don't really know what the storyline was... :oprah:

I was excited about the storyline because he has a lot of interesting visual content to work with. I'm not a follower of his work but all the stuff he's being doing lately with the prosthetics and the theatrical side of that was fascinating and I wanted something in that realm.... UGH such a waste. There was no storyline smh

Big Reputation
13 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

The House of Balloons to Blinding Lights transition omg 

What an iconic transition. I’m not over it

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

Archived