Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What’s the meaning of Government Hooker?

M i K E Y

Featured Posts

M i K E Y

So I seem to know the meaning of Gaga’s album Born This Way. Marry The Night I’d about insecurities, Judas about betrayal and so on. 
but what’s the meaning behind Government Hooker? :bear:

I know Gaga has a meaning but idk about this one :icega:

gregantares

She said this in a Fuse interview:

There's a voice in the background when I'm singing /As long as/ I'm your hooker/ and then the Government says: /Back up/ And Turn Around/. How much are you willing to be a puppet and hooker and how much more do you want to fight for what you believe in?

In an interview with NME magazine, she said this:

The humour is that a machine in tells me what to do and I happily do it as long as I get ****ed. It a relates to how our government **** us over, but it makes fun of the plastic popstar – I’ll do anything as long as you **** me and pay me.

Meet a damaged girl, meet a damaged guy

gregantares

Gaga also said it was inspired by Marilyn Monroe (hence the reference to JFK)

72465662680895488Screenshot-2021-01-28-Lady-Gaga-on-Twitt

Meet a damaged girl, meet a damaged guy

The Clown

It's about how everybody "sells out" to a certain extent. Wether that is the music industry, politics, or just general social situations, there's a level of performativity to it. Gaga commented that the irony of the song is that she's willing to do what the government/machine tells her as long as she gets her money.

The metaphor is also an opportunity to explore feminism. Mainly, it tries to get into the mind of the mistresses of various powerful men. How do women like Marlyn Monroe, who became sex symbols of a highly patriarchal society, see themselves and their sexuality? Did they own it? Did they buy their own hype? Did they love their benefactors or was it all just a ploy to get ahead however they could?

Born This Way, generally, is about living halway between reality and fantasy, meaning: what are the stories you tell yourself in order to make sense of your life. In Govermment Hooker, Gaga wonders what the inner story of the "promiscuous" women of the past were.

Gagas lil monster

It's meant to save the girls, gays and theys. But for it to work one must listen to it every Sunday at 10am 

Regular Season Sport GIF by NBA

With Peace and love

yungpancake
1 hour ago, The Clown said:

It's about how everybody "sells out" to a certain extent. Wether that is the music industry, politics, or just general social situations, there's a level of performativity to it. Gaga commented that the irony of the song is that she's willing to do what the government/machine tells her as long as she gets her money.

The metaphor is also an opportunity to explore feminism. Mainly, it tries to get into the mind of the mistresses of various powerful men. How do women like Marlyn Monroe, who became sex symbols of a highly patriarchal society, see themselves and their sexuality? Did they own it? Did they buy their own hype? Did they love their benefactors or was it all just a ploy to get ahead however they could?

Born This Way, generally, is about living halway between reality and fantasy, meaning: what are the stories you tell yourself in order to make sense of your life. In Govermment Hooker, Gaga wonders what the inner story of the "promiscuous" women of the past were.

Just so you know I'm framing the last paragraph in this. Probably the best description of BTW (my fave gags album ever) I've ever read. Thank you so much for this. 

Archived