💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Democrats introduce Raise the Wage Act ($15 min wage)

Morphine Prince

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

oh my god eye roll GIF by Chrisley Knows Best

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 13

Miss Dolly

Are they slowly raising the wage over time? 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 1

StarstruckIllusion

Plsss I was just taking in this story. I’m glad there’s a recurring check to make the minimum wage suit the market + inflation more, but 2025 seems like a long time, even tho I think a slow transition is fair (despite $15 being 2000 and late in 2021). Experts say it should have been $24 in 2020 too like 🙃

Edited by StarstruckIllusion
  • Like 12
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

Bonkers

We're also in a pandemic.  So in the immediate term, people need government assistance. 

So many restaurants and other businesses are already hanging on by a thread, it would be a disaster to make an immediate minimum wage increase across the board.  Government subsidy is probably the most fair solution in the meantime.

Companies like Amazon, Walmart, McDonalds - those who should have been at $15 long ago shouldn't get so much time, but it's difficult to pass laws that affect only the egregiously greedy MF'ers of the world.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

TEANUS

I don’t think y’all realize how many businesses would go under if tomorrow the government decided that the federal minimum wage was $15

The gradual increase is the way to go

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

monster4life231
1 minute ago, TEANUS said:

I don’t think y’all realize how many businesses would go under if tomorrow the government decided that the federal minimum wage was $15

It's over a 4 year period though.

spread peace - #MJInnocent
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TEANUS
1 minute ago, monster4life231 said:

It's over a 4 year period though.

Yes! Which is great!

I was just commenting on those who don’t understand why the minimum wage increase wouldn’t take into effect immediately all at once

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 11

Morphine Prince

An economy where someone works full time and still cannot afford basic necessities such as housing and food, does not deserve to exist. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Miss Dolly

If a republican got into office in 2024, could this be repealed? 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

StarstruckIllusion

This slow transition should be for small businesses only. Big companies like Walmart and Amazon are the biggest culprits of starvation wages, and can definitely handle a hike in a year. Hope this isn’t final...

Plus, if your small business cant handle a $15 minimum wage by 2025, maybe it’s a bad business model and it shouldn’t exist :gaycat: Businesses don’t deserve the right to exist like humans do.

Edited by StarstruckIllusion
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 6

shoful

By 2025 the minimum wage should be $20. This is ****ing ridiculous. Make it effective by April 2021!

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."
  • Like 2

FATCAT
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

An economy where someone works full time and still cannot afford basic necessities such as housing and food, does not deserve to exist. 

And businesses that can't pay that to their employees shouldn't be protected from going under! I'm paraphrasing FDR but yea, we shouldn't allow profits to be put before people. 

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

FATCAT
1 minute ago, shoful said:

By 2025 the minimum wage should be $20. This is ****ing ridiculous. Make it effective by April 2021!

We're behind, but starting off with $15 is the right thing to do, even Bernie supports that number. Once we get in the habit of updating the minimum wage, 15 -> 20 will be a lot easier. This first step more than doubles the minimum wage, and adjustments can be made once we spring back from Covid.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 2