Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

jlo’s ‘waiting for tonight’ is a cover

FentyGa

Featured Posts

bluemonkey
18 hours ago, CubbyGaga said:

J.Lo’s version is way better.  Sorry not sorry. 

:huntyga:

Yeah even knowing about it, it does sound better and the music video is flawless so can’t deny that Jlo did something to make it standout

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
On 1/21/2021 at 5:15 PM, FAME HOOKER WENCH said:

Get right was also stolen from Usher, not to mention the numerous vocals she borrowed from other artists!

Usher turned down Get Right.

https://www.capitalfm.com/features/songs-written-for-other-singers/get-right/

You liars keep using the word stole like it means something.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
21 hours ago, Wet Fire said:

I didn't know this :saladga:

The chorus of On the Floor is also apparently a ripoff of a Bollywood song. :bradley: the Bollywood song is in fact by Bappi Lahiri who claimed a year ago that Gaga had collaborated with him.

Girl no. It's Lambada. All the sudden it's a crime to use purchased samples in music.:ladyhaha:

Gaga purchased a Diana Ross sample and the final song has  been argued on GGD to have Diana Ross' voice. Is she profiting off a black artist @FentyGa ?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

FentyGa
10 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Girl no. It's Lambada. All the sudden it's a crime to use purchased samples in music.:ladyhaha:

Gaga purchased a Diana Ross sample and the final song has  been argued on GGD to have Diana Ross' voice. Is she profiting off a black artist @FentyGa ?

that’s not even what i’m saying:laughga:

jlo’s profiting off black artist but using their vocals against their will

ashanti spoke about i’m real remix/ain’t it funny remix and how she wanted to keep the song, and her vocals were used in the end without credit

her first #1 was a direct ripoff of a chanté moore song

she tried to release amerie’s ‘1 thing’, so amerie had to leak her own song to radio

we all know the situation with mariah’s ‘i’m real’ sample, though that’s more on tommy motola 

that’s not the same thing as sampling

JusKeepBreathin
16 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

that’s not even what i’m saying:laughga:

jlo’s profiting off black artist but using their vocals against their will

ashanti spoke about i’m real remix/ain’t it funny remix and how she wanted to keep the song, and her vocals were used in the end without credit

her first #1 was a direct ripoff of a chanté moore song

she tried to release amerie’s ‘1 thing’, so amerie had to leak her own song to radio

we all know the situation with mariah’s ‘i’m real’ sample, though that’s more on tommy motola 

that’s not the same thing as sampling

I doubt Diana Ross allowed Gaga to use her voice as a background singer. 

Girl  stop with the Change Moore crap. That song was scrapped for Change Moore before Jennifer even knew about it. And the song writer Jerkins wrote both songs. Stop being so messy. It's pathetic. Jerkins is allowed to rework his music to an artist that will actually bring him royalties. People have to eat. Jerkins is black do you prefer he starves. 

TheOriginalOne
On 1/22/2021 at 4:32 AM, Sneaky Oliver said:

Her only good song for me :enigma:

Also On The Floor samples a Brazilian song 

And in turn, Lambada actually samples a Bolivian Folk song from 1981. Pretty cool how music makes its rounds!

ELECTROHEART

Not me thinking Fun Tonight was going to sound like this iconic BOP :flop::flop::flop:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Xoxo Adriana

i love JLo but most of her hits/songs have ghost singers on them:billie: there’s a whole video on youtube about the history of her using ghost singers. even her “features” on other artists songs weren’t recorded by her. 

i don’t wanna give anyone the idea that i hate JLo though as she’s got the beauty as well as the acting. she’s just an example of how to get a successful music career if you have good connections...

(this is also why Mariah has had issues w her, past + present, for those who didn’t know) 

FrederickSpears

No one cares about that FLOP version. Jennifer Lopez made the song her own and actually made it a CLASSIC. It's hers.

FrederickSpears
53 minutes ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

i love JLo but most of her hits/songs have ghost singers on them:billie: there’s a whole video on youtube about the history of her using ghost singers. even her “features” on other artists songs weren’t recorded by her. 

i don’t wanna give anyone the idea that i hate JLo though as she’s got the beauty as well as the acting. she’s just an example of how to get a successful music career if you have good connections...

(this is also why Mariah has had issues w her, past + present, for those who didn’t know) 

She still sang on her songs, she just had artists like Christina Milian, Ashanti, etc. do her choruses 

Xoxo Adriana
56 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

She still sang on her songs, she just had artists like Christina Milian, Ashanti, etc. do her choruses 

yes this is basically what i was saying, i should’ve been more specific about this however. you’re definitely correct.

Archived